don't understand all the henne hate/indifference

thorughout his career at michigan. he's a 4-yr.starter who has been very consistent.

he's tough as nails, is a leader, and has a mean streak in him. he's a winner, and can make all the throws, including the deep ones that are important in petrino's offense.

here are his career stats:

yr. comp. att. yds. comp% ypa long td intsack rating

2004 240 399 2743 60.2 6.88 69 25 12 29 132.56

2005 223 382 2526 58.4 6.61 54 23 8 21 129.61

2006 203 328 2508 61.9 7.65 69 22 8 24 143.37

2007 105 167 1258 62.9 7.53 46 10 5 8 139.92

as of now, that's 80 td's to 33 int's. and aside from his sophomore year, he has had over a 60 % comp. %. he doesn't throw a lot of picks. and his ypa is pretty good. plus, michigan has run a pro-style offense for years, that's always a +.

if we can't get ryan or brohm this is the guy i want and he'll probably be there in the late 2nd or 3rd considering we address o-line first and foremost at the top of the draft.

as long qb is a first day pick, i'm happy.

it's like you being against dennis dixon. people have their guys, and will think what they want. henne is a solid qb, but he seems to be more of a game manager then a game changer.

not to mention he always has big play guys to throw to. without braylon edwards and mario manningham this guy would be nothing, and with a very good offensive line and running game, this guy has it easy.

i dont know much about his leadership, but when i watch him i am unimpressed. michigan loses most every big game they play, and a lot of that responsibility has to fall on the qb. especially when they collapse in one of the biggest upsets ever (before usc and stanford).

not to mention he always has big play guys to throw to. without braylon edwards and mario manningham this guy would be nothing, and with a very good offensive line and running game, this guy has it easy.

i dont know much about his leadership, but when i watch him i am unimpressed. michigan loses most every big game they play, and a lot of that responsibility has to fall on the qb. especially when they collapse in one of the biggest upsets ever (before usc and stanford).

exactly. he's been the beneficiary of -great- talent around him, on both sides of the ball. hart is a sleeper in this draft, and could turn out to be a very productive pro, and edwards is arguably one the top 10 wrs in the league. manningham, although he juggles the ball like a circus clown, is a very good receiver and makes big plays by himself. as for the app. state vs um thing, that is still the biggest upset ever. stanford is a somewhat improving program (######, they didn't have anywhere to go but up), and sc is a tad bit overrated.

we could debate about the mich-app state game vs the stanford usc game, but i dont really care. they were both huge upsets.

the point is, you are dead on. i like hart, he is extremely consistent and has great leg drive and runs downhill and with power. and another plus, he never fumbles. there is a very impressive stat attatched to that but i cant remember it so i wont butcher it trying to make it up.

for the people who really like henne, what is your opinion on all of this? i dont think hed have a chance in **** at going 1st day without all the talent around him, so why would we pick him?

we could debate about the mich-app state game vs the stanford usc game, but i dont really care. they were both huge upsets.

the point is, you are dead on. i like hart, he is extremely consistent and has great leg drive and runs downhill and with power. and another plus, he never fumbles. there is a very impressive stat attatched to that but i cant remember it so i wont butcher it trying to make it up.

for the people who really like henne, what is your opinion on all of this? i dont think hed have a chance in **** at going 1st day without all the talent around him, so why would we pick him?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif i agree, they were both huge upsets. i'm a michigan state fan, so i can't help but laugh after that game. here's how many fumbles hart has:

hart has lost a fumble only one time, against iowa on september 25, 2004, in 1,016 total touches

fumbles (it's wikipedia, but who cares tongue.gif )

it's like you being against dennis dixon. people have their guys, and will think what they want. henne is a solid qb, but he seems to be more of a game manager then a game changer.

disagree.

he has very good leadership, he's tough as nails. and he runs a pro-style offense, unlike dixon. and can make all the throws.