what needs to happen in the draft next year!

it looks more and more likely we are going to have a top 5 pick maybe even a top three! yes the sexy pick is to get a qb with our first! that is not what needs to happen guys and gals! i am not saying that qb is not a problem, it is not "the problem" "the problem" in my book is the o-line. manning could be our qb right now and he would be average at best. i would hate to see a rookie qb behind this line next year! next year we will still have lefty and don't forget about dj. they are not the answer but given a decent o-line they will work! we have to face facts! we are in full overhaul mode! one pick will not turn this team around. we need draft picks and a lot of them! this is what i feel needs to happen!

we need to trade out of our first pick. we should get that teams 1st, 2nd and say 4th picks(obviously many variations to this) that would now get us a 1st, three 2nd and 2 4th round picks!

1st pick should be the best lt that fits the system! our 1st pick in the second round should be the best o-lineman on the board, big ###### road grader type, i am talking 350+!! the next 2 picks in the 2nd round should be 1. a run stuffing dt 325 range! 2. best mlb on the board with speed. now our 3rd round pick find a qb that you can groom. if i remember correctly schaub was a 3rd round pick blink.gif with the two 4th round picks, 1. rb 250+ that can move a pile nothing flashy just want a beast here! 2. i love mort and think it is great he is still kicking but i would rather see him kicking somewhere else, sorry! a kicker that can make them from 55+ is what we need! the last three picks, draft for need and draft for speed!

this team has many more issues than just one draft pick would solve. we have to trade out of the high first pick. that is the way i see it!

it looks more and more likely we are going to have a top 5 pick maybe even a top three! yes the sexy pick is to get a qb with our first! that is not what needs to happen guys and gals! i am not saying that qb is not a problem, it is not "the problem" "the problem" in my book is the o-line. manning could be our qb right now and he would be average at best. i would hate to see a rookie qb behind this line next year! next year we will still have lefty and don't forget about dj. they are not the answer but given a decent o-line they will work! we have to face facts! we are in full overhaul mode! one pick will not turn this team around. we need draft picks and a lot of them! this is what i feel need to happen!

we need to trade out of our first pick. we should get that teams 1st, 2nd and say 4th picks(obviously many variations to this) that would now get us a 1st, three 2nd and 2 4th round picks!

1st pick should be the best lt that fits the system! our 1st pick in the second round should be the best o-lineman on the board, big ###### road grader type, i am talking 350+!! the next 2 picks in the 2nd round should be 1. a run stuffing dt 325 range! 2. best mlb on the board with speed. now our 3rd round pick find a qb that you can groom. if i remember correctly schaub was a 3rd round pick blink.gif with the two 4th round picks, 1. rb 250+ that can move a pile nothing flashy just want a beast here! 2. i love mort and think it is great he is still kicking but i would rather see him kicking somewhere else, sorry! a kicker that can make them from 55+ is what we need! the last three picks draft for need and draft for speed!

this team has many more issues than just one draft pick would solve. we have to trade out of the high first pick. that is the way i see it!

i agree but our enept fo will screw it up somehow...

it looks more and more likely we are going to have a top 5 pick maybe even a top three! yes the sexy pick is to get a qb with our first! that is not what needs to happen guys and gals! i am not saying that qb is not a problem, it is not "the problem" "the problem" in my book is the o-line. manning could be our qb right now and he would be average at best. i would hate to see a rookie qb behind this line next year! next year we will still have lefty and don't forget about dj. they are not the answer but given a decent o-line they will work! we have to face facts! we are in full overhaul mode! one pick will not turn this team around. we need draft picks and a lot of them! this is what i feel needs to happen!

1st pick should be the best lt that fits the system! our 1st pick in the second round should be the best o-lineman on the board, big ###### road grader type, i am talking 350+!! the next 2 picks in the 2nd round should be 1. a run stuffing dt 325 range! 2. best mlb on the board with speed. now our 3rd round pick find a qb that you can groom. if i remember correctly schaub was a 3rd round pick blink.gif with the two 4th round picks, 1. rb 250+ that can move a pile nothing flashy just want a beast here! 2. i love mort and think it is great he is still kicking but i would rather see him kicking somewhere else, sorry! a kicker that can make them from 55+ is what we need! the last three picks, draft for need and draft for speed!

i think we need to get a big rb first. we have no run game whatsoever. that would take some pressure off the line. anyway the whole offense, outside of the te position, needs to change.

the simple fact that you want to draft a kicker with a fourth round pick makes it hard for me to listen to most of your opinion, but i'll try.

depending on where we pick, i'm not the biggest fan of trading down for two extra picks, unless we can somehow gurantee getting jake long. i say we take him in the first, if available. also, i have high hopes for tony taylor at mlb, and i think he can develop into a solid, if not potential pro-bowler. and trust me, i am not a uga homer. with our cap relief coming after this season for next, i would like to see what o-lineman talent will be in fa, as opposed to spending to many draft picks and having an entire rookie and 2nd year player line. we've seen how well that works with blaylock, foster, and clabo. not good.

this isnt a game. these type of players arent randomly generated by the computer. you just done go find the biggest, fastest guys you can find. name a 250+ rb who is coming out this year that will be available then. the only big back so far of first day consideration is stewart but he will be gone by the 3rd round. also name a 325+ dt who will just be floating around at that point. if he is then there must be a glaring issue, probably injuries. we dont need that right now. 1) people put too much on measurables. that is why good players slip. 2) what qb who isnt a project will be available in the 3rd round? dixon maybe but he isnt that good of a qb. good athlete, avergae qb. i would rather have one of the many number 3 qbs in the league over him right now.

don't forget how expensive it will be to sign someone in the top 3.

if we end up drafting a qb he will most likely get a signing bonus bigger than what vick got. didn't j russell get a $30 million signing bonus and isn't calvin johnson is the highest paid lion ever!

then there's also the fact if we draft a qb guess who he will be compared to every second?

this is why we sooo desperatley need to get that money back from vick.

i like it and agree. we really need a top flight middle linebacker so keith can operate on the outside. he will greatly enhance ja.

all you say is very true and i have made the same kind of post , but! what you must understand is we need a couple of vet ots and mckay and co. will not let a chance to get a top qb go by without taking him. yes i am a harrington believer ,and i think he could play good enough for us to win , but all nfl teams need to have 2 quality qbs ready to go all the time , i hate to say that i said leftwich will not make it threw the game with out taking a beating . he cannot stay healthy so that does away with him being the 2nd qb . we need to take the best qb in this draft of wish there will be 2 or 3 really good one , i think ryan is the best and brohm 2nd , but no matter who is #1 , we needthat qb for not only a backup but for a future starter , we may not have another top 5 pick in years . i hope! but i'm sure that is what will happen and i happen ot agree with a qb first , because this draft is loaded with a lot of realy good ots and we could get a good one or two in the 2nd or what i would like is one in the 2nd and rb stewart in the 2nd and another ot in the 3rd round .

and let me repeat , we need to go out and get the best two ots in facy even if we got nothing else in facy, it was unfari to put foster in as a rookie that fast , i was afraid that would happen to him, tha is a tought job , my idea is tha we need ryan in the first , rb stewart from or. with our top 2nd the n the best ot with our around 40 pick we got from hou, then take the best ot with our 3rd. but with the two vet fa ots that would be very sufficient. like i said this is one of the best ot classes i cna remember with good ones even into the 4th round.

you can count on us taking a qb fist , so you might as well get your popcorn ready for draft day and be studing which qb you would like to have , no doubt in my mind , and i do agree it is the only thing that would be right concidering all things.

just because you want to trade down doesn't mean that you can make it happen. you've got to have a trade partner. with the crazy contracts of the top picks, very few teams want to take that risk. i'd bet we were willing to trade down from #8 back in april but couldn't find any takers.

i doubt that. considering we traded up to 8

the simple fact that you want to draft a kicker with a fourth round pick makes it hard for me to listen to most of your opinion, but i'll try.

depending on where we pick, i'm not the biggest fan of trading down for two extra picks, unless we can somehow gurantee getting jake long. i say we take him in the first, if available. also, i have high hopes for tony taylor at mlb, and i think he can develop into a solid, if not potential pro-bowler. and trust me, i am not a uga homer. with our cap relief coming after this season for next, i would like to see what o-lineman talent will be in fa, as opposed to spending to many draft picks and having an entire rookie and 2nd year player line. we've seen how well that works with blaylock, foster, and clabo. not good.

spendind a fourth round pick on a franchise kicker seems well worth it to me, especially since we have 2 2nd round picks.

how many years have we had our kicking problem? 3

ever since todd peterson wasnt resigned, we decided to let koenan do the punting and kicking, we all saw how that worked out, then we sign morten andersen to finish the year as the kicker, then this year we open the training camp with a 26-27 year old good kicker, billy cundiff, he makes every kick he attempts, and looks good, then out of nowhere we cut cundiff and bring in an undrafted rookie prater, then he misses kicks in the minnesota game, he misses kicks and loses us the jacksonville game, now we are back to morten andersen, 48, who scares me kicking past 35 yards......

try to explain to me how picking the ' best ' kicker in the draft, in the 4th round, isnt worth it?

the kicking situation needs to be adressed, it is silly

spendind a fourth round pick on a franchise kicker seems well worth it to me, especially since we have 2 2nd round picks.

ever since todd peterson wasnt resigned, we decided to let koenan do the punting and kicking, we all saw how that worked out, then we sign morten andersen to finish the year as the kicker, then this year we open the training camp with a 26-27 year old good kicker, billy cundiff, he makes every kick he attempts, and looks good, then out of nowhere we cut cundiff and bring in an undrafted rookie prater, then he misses kicks in the minnesota game, he misses kicks and loses us the jacksonville game, now we are back to morten andersen, 48, who scares me kicking past 35 yards......

try to explain to me how picking the ' best ' kicker in the draft, in the 4th round, isnt worth it?

on sunday night football at denver they said elam was a 4th rounder.....i'd say that was a great freakin' pick. wink.gif

if there is a franchise qb on draft day you have to draft him. use free agency and the draft for ol's. i know we need linemen but, you must get the best player available. you can't let a franchise qb get by. if we already have a franchise qb or even a good qb then i cound see drafting a lineman with the first pick. (sorry but harrington and leftwich will not do.) wink.gif

abso(****)lutely! how many games have we lost because of missed field goals? sick of it! we can't make a field goal of over 46 1/2 yards! really stupid!!

as it stands, we already look set to have 10 picks (1 first, 2 seconds, 1 third, 2 fourths (inc. compensatory for kerney), 1 fifth, 1 sixth, 2 sevenths).

as i see it ol, qb or even rb would make sense with the first pick, although perosnlly i'd like to get a franchise qb (it's the only position i value more than ol). i also wouldn't be against trading out of the top 3 for more picks if we get the right deal.

we do need a kicker, but as it stands we have too many other needs (2ol, qb, rb, 2de, dl, mlb, fs, cb) to be picking a kicker in the 4th. it would make more sense to address kicker in fa, where we should be able to sign a good veteran relatively cheaply.

i would defintely take jake long with our first pick. our o-line is the most need of help. as far as the qb why not look at dennis dixon from oregon. he has a nice arm and is mobile. he should be there with the second pick of the 2nd round and maybe third round. that leave the rest of the picks to fill needs or best available

you got a point there! laugh.giflaugh.gifmad.gif

we need a crushing rb 1st and foremost. teams have no respect for our run game, and rightfully so, so they are constantly teeing off on our o-line. there is a slew of good qbs coming out and we should really pick one up. knowing aurther, woodson would be the best choice to bring the butts back in the seats in atlanta, not being prejudiced but from the tone of this city it may make the best sense.

although we do need some more o-linemen, unfortunately they are just not many studs coming out next year (not like this year).