what if we pulled this off???

war_eagle32

i will preface this with the statement that i haven't done any research as to the salary cap/contract issues with these conjurings. that being said, i have a few ideas:

1) could we send alge (and maybe a draft pick) to buffalo for j.p. losman? i haven't seen a lot of him, but i know that the bills have basically decided to go with edwards at qb. this trade would do two things: send a great player to a team that can utilize him more than the falcons, and net us a young qb with league experience. i haven't seen a lot of him, but i have liked what i have seen when given the opportunity. this would solve our qb issue and leave us free to get ot, dt, or rb (yes i know, mcfadden) in the first round

2) can we get chad johnson? if cincy is really tiring of him, i'd be more than happy to plug him into petrino's system. our best trade would be to sign d. williams (or not?) and send him to the bengals with a draft pick for ocho cinco. then we could cut horn and jenkins leaving us with a starting rotation of ocho, roddy, and laurent robinson (who i like more and more each game).

3) i like the idea of getting alan faneca from the steelers as our annual big off-season purchase. he and blalock would be a nice tandem of guards to build around.

as i said earlier, i don't know the salary implications of these moves, but i know that if we cut gandy, dunn, jenkins, horn and any dead weight fa's....and trade alge.....that would free up a lot of salary cap room. is this feasible?

p.s.- i know suggs is a ufa also, but there's no way in **** that baltimore let's him even cross county lines in the off-season without a huge contract offer.....but if not.....bring him on

i will preface this with the statement that i haven't done any research as to the salary cap/contract issues with these conjurings. that being said, i have a few ideas:

1) could we send alge (and maybe a draft pick) to buffalo for j.p. losman? i haven't seen a lot of him, but i know that the bills have basically decided to go with edwards at qb. this trade would do two things: send a great player to a team that can utilize him more than the falcons, and net us a young qb with league experience. i haven't seen a lot of him, but i have liked what i have seen when given the opportunity. this would solve our qb issue and leave us free to get ot, dt, or rb (yes i know, mcfadden) in the first round

i don't agree that j.p. losman would "solve our qb issue" i'd really rather not have another qb who has failed elsewhere

2) can we get chad johnson? if cincy is really tiring of him, i'd be more than happy to plug him into petrino's system. our best trade would be to sign d. williams (or not?) and send him to the bengals with a draft pick for ocho cinco. then we could cut horn and jenkins leaving us with a starting rotation of ocho, roddy, and laurent robinson (who i like more and more each game).

the bengals won't trade chad johnson.

3) i like the idea of getting alan faneca from the steelers as our annual big off-season purchase. he and blalock would be a nice tandem of guards to build around.

assuming the price is reasonable for faneca.

as i said earlier, i don't know the salary implications of these moves, but i know that if we cut gandy, dunn, jenkins, horn and any dead weight fa's....and trade alge.....that would free up a lot of salary cap room. is this feasible?

p.s.- i know suggs is a ufa also, but there's no way in **** that baltimore let's him even cross county lines in the off-season without a huge contract offer.....but if not.....bring him on

i think wayne gandy is gone for sure due to his age, the injury, and the time needed to recover.

believe it is time for warrick dunn to retire. i don't want to mess with our receiving corps. when our line gives the

qb time, our passing game is actually pretty good.

i'm up here in bills country... losman is just ok. he'll take deep shots and is generally accurate enough, but where he struggles is in decision making. he tries to force things, etc... it could be because he's still young, but trent edwards is a rookie and he seems way more poised back there.

wouldn't the structure of petrino's system theoretically allow losman to not have to make as many decisions....since it's more about the system. i mean...harrington has even looked good for a couple of games. i think that if we could send alge, who we're not using, and get losman for alge and a third or fourth rounder....then that would improve our positioning in the draft and reduce a need.

grendel: i appreciate the input from someone up in buffalo. thanks!

as you stated, there are salary cap concerns that have to be addressed. i don't think that we would have the cap space to sign either chad or faneca.

as far as the qb trade is concerned, i would trade crump for andrew walter. walter was a target for petrino and mckay earlier, so i am assuming that he is a viable alternative.