max starks

Goat

just out of curiosty does anybody know a lot about him? i know theres a few people that want to sign him this offseason. i was looking at the steelers depth chart and he is listed as the second string. is the guy starting ahead of him (willie colon) just that good? thanks!

he is reputed to be too soft, lacking a mean streak! he does have very good size, though. i wouldn't waste my free agent dollars on him. build through the draft is what i always say!

what's the point of saying you want to build through the draft? the draft represents young, raw players who might have a chance of being a bust, and there's a perfect man for our scheme waiting for us to sign him who is quite young. the only thing that would hold us back from signing him is probably what you said, he's gained a reputation for being quite a soft player.

until we can get back vick's signing bonus, isn't free agent money going to be tight? i would rather draft a kid like jake long or sam baker. then we could spend some money on a guy like asante samuel, michael turner, or albert haynesworth, and keep guys like michael boley. free agency isn't always the way to make a team. just look at the washington redskins.