sign marion barber...

draft a qb, ol, ol, mlb. maybe draft another rb on day 2 like cory boyd.

i have always liked marion barber. he is about as tough as they come at rb and he is showing his stuff today against probably the best run defense in the nfl... i'd rather sign him than draft a rb high. that way, qb and ol can be focused on very early...

i doubt haynesworth is going to be available, but if he is, it's worth a try at signing him...

marion barber is about to get a contract extension somewhere in the ballpark of 5-6 years and $30 mill. that dude is an absolute monster.

now on the other hand, julius jones will be available..

i'd really rather have michael turner, jonathan stewart, and tashard choice.

dallas wants mcfadden, or so the rumor is. i've read and heard that dallas really wants to draft mcfadden and will mos likely move up to do so. they will have 2 #1 picks, so i think they will get mcfadden and probably resign barder and let jones go.

part of the rumor is that since jerry jones is an ark guy, that he is going after mcfadden. but again, this is just talk.

dallas wants mcfadden, or so the rumor is. i've read and heard that dallas really wants to draft mcfadden and will mos likely move up to do so. they will have 2 #1 picks, so i think they will get mcfadden and probably resign barder and let jones go.

part of the rumor is that since jerry jones is an ark guy, that he is going after mcfadden. but again, this is just talk.

you know what would be nice? dallas has to move up to get mcfadden, we trade down and get barber for doing so... i'd like keeping that first for a qb or ot and picking up barber to team with norwood instead of just drafting mcfadden.

i'm pretty sure that barber is a restricted free agent, which means we could sign him, but it would cost us a draft pick. how much money they tag him with decides how how of a draft pick it would take to get him. i like the idea of trading down to dallas in exchange for picks and barber. it all depends on how high cleveland's pick ends up being.

yeah, it would be nice... barber is a horse. i can't see them getting rid of him though, even if they pursue mcfadden. they could drop jones, draft mcfadden and make him the 'primary' back, and keep barber in the current role he has.

even if dallas looks to trade up, i really can't see them putting barber on the block to do so.

as for haynesworth, he'll get re-signed unless tennessee thinks they can draft someone to take his place. they've had problems with him since he has been there, so a contract year performance may not be enough to save his job there.... this is the same team that let javon kearse go to the eagles.

haynesworth has been a good player his entire career, he just hasn't had that monster so to speak.

he has been a solid player, but he is playing great this year. maybe it's just a coincidence that it's a contract year...

i wouldn't say his new contract with the titans is a for sure thing in any case, though. they have had problems with him since he's been in the league and he has faced a few team punishments. and again... they let kearse go not too long ago, which is crazy, but shows you they're not afraid of letting any guy go.