jonathan stewart is putting on a clinic

JDB2688

we will most likely not draft him. he's probably gone by the second round, and i see us addressing the following needs with our first and second round picks (out of the following):

*quarterback

*left tackle

*right tackle

*defensive tackle

*strong safety

*right guard

i'd rather us burn our first and second round picks on those six positions then draft tashard choice who is just a notch below stewart's level... a poor man's jonathon stewart if you will.

we will most likely not draft him. he's probably gone by the second round, and i see us addressing the following needs with our first and second round picks (out of the following):

*quarterback

*left tackle

*right tackle

*defensive tackle

*strong safety

*right guard

i'd rather us burn our first and second round picks on those six positions then draft tashard choice who is just a notch below stewart's level... a poor man's jonathon stewart if you will.

if we could get him in the 2nd i sure hope we grab him , he runs more like he's 200 instead of 250. we could get our 2nd ot in the 3rd .

if we could get him in the 2nd i sure hope we grab him , he runs more like he's 200 instead of 250. we could get our 2nd ot in the 3rd .

you have a valid point, but it depends on how many offensive tackles declare. if there's not many and the number of ots are slim, we will surely try and make the most out of it and see if we can draft maybe two in the second round. i'd rather us make a deal with choice though, it's like a good sale in the local grocery store. cool.gif

i don't think there will be a lot of tackles we can get in the third round though. tony hills maybe? but he's not cut for this system, he's more of a zbs kind of guy. i can see cherilus (again, it depends on how many junior ots want to declare) and richardson slipping to us in both of our second round picks, and i can't love those two picks in the second round anymore than i am now.

you have a valid point, but it depends on how many offensive tackles declare. if there's not many and the number of ots are slim, we will surely try and make the most out of it and see if we can draft maybe two in the second round. i'd rather us make a deal with choice though, it's like a good sale in the local grocery store. cool.gif

i don't think there will be a lot of tackles we can get in the third round though. tony hills maybe? but he's not cut for this system, he's more of a zbs kind of guy. i can see cherilus (again, it depends on how many junior ots want to declare) and richardson slipping to us in both of our second round picks, and i can't love those two picks in the second round anymore than i am now.

draft is loaded with ots , and choice is the guy i would want if we can't get stewart as of today. i'm hoping stewart don't rise into the 1st rd. thou , bc i would love to get him.

draft is loaded with ots , and choice is the guy i would want if we can't get stewart as of today. i'm hoping stewart don't rise into the 1st rd. thou , bc i would love to get him.

exactly. jonathon stewart was an 'if' in the first round before today, and his stock just keeps rising. i wouldn't be disappointed one bit if we were to draft tashard choice though. my mock draft so far though is probably something like..

1. qb brian brohm - louisville

2. rb jonathon stewart - oregon

2. lt barry richardson - clemson

3. rt chris williams - vanderbilt

or

2. rt gosder cherilus - boston college (strong fall, *unlikely)

3. rb tashard choice - georgia tech

orhttp://boards.atlantafalcons.com/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/style_emo...fault/dry.gif...

1. trade down.

then...

1a. quentin groves

1b. jonathan stewart

2a. jeff otah

2b. mike mcglynn

3. dennis dixon

another possibility if we don't trade down is to just go stewart-otah-mcglynn-dixon and forget about groves, though i'd love to get him.

we're not going to draft groves and we sure as **** ain't going to settle for a dennis dixon type of player where you have to modify your whole entire offense for him to fit perfectly in! god i hate your mocks...

we're not going to draft groves and we sure as **** ain't going to settle for a dennis dixon type of player where you have to modify your whole entire offense for him to fit perfectly in! god i hate your mocks...

dennis dixon =/= settling.

the kid operates in a spread offense. helloooo. spread. what kind of offense does bobby run?

dennis dixon =/= settling.

the kid operates in a spread offense. helloooo. spread. what kind of offense does bobby run?

so do practically 90% of the college quarterbacks out there, but w/e. fine i see your point. but why do we draft a defensive end in the first round? we're not going to draft groves with our first pick

so do practically 90% of the college quarterbacks out there, but w/e. fine i see your point. but why do we draft a defensive end in the first round? we're not going to draft groves with our first pick

my main logic behind that is abe's injury-prone-ness. if abe goes down early next season like he did last season, bobby will look like a genius if he drafts quentin because without abe, our pass rush is non-existent.

my main logic behind that is abe's injury-prone-ness. if abe goes down early next season like he did last season, bobby will look like a genius if he drafts quentin because without abe, our pass rush is non-existent.

we can get a pass rusher later in the draft or in fa, our 1st round pick is too valuable (especially with our poor o-line play) to use on an insurance pick, only contending teams like the pats or colts should be drafting like that.

modify our whole system???

are you new???

this whole system was bult for a left handed qb who has mobility & can throw a beautiful deep ball

with dixon we would get an extremely accurate, right handed qb who has mobility & can throw a beautiful deep ball

haters arent even doing there research these days

smh

don't trip hes a hater, only he happens to be an unintelligent hater.

laugh.gif i'm hating on what??

you don't know me and w2a. we're 'buds'. i sarcastically criticize the **** out of his mock drafts and he usually does the same with mine, but i think you should change your name in order for people to take your posts seriously.

exactly. jonathon stewart was an 'if' in the first round before today, and his stock just keeps rising. i wouldn't be disappointed one bit if we were to draft tashard choice though. my mock draft so far though is probably something like..

2. rb jonathon stewart - oregon

3. rt chris williams - vanderbilt

or

2. rt gosder cherilus - boston college (strong fall, *unlikely)

3. rb tashard choice - georgia tech

dixon won't last until the 3rd, hes in the second most likely

if he puts on a show against sc & they win out, he will rise like vy

he is a special talent & soon enough kiper & those jerk offs will realize that

if we get a high pick we trade down unless we have a shot at mcfadden

we need the picks for the o-line

i truly believe we need to take a shot at dixon & stewart

but both stocks as i said before are on the rise

dixon won't last until the 3rd, hes in the second most likely

if he puts on a show against sc & they win out, he will rise like vy

he is a special talent & soon enough kiper & those jerk offs will realize that

if we get a high pick we trade down unless we have a shot at mcfadden

we need the picks for the o-line

i truly believe we need to take a shot at dixon & stewart

but both stocks as i said before are on the rise

drafting

a

quarterback

like dixon

in the second round

doesn't make sense.

it makes a little

sense in the third round

but not with brennan and ainge

available

on the

board

for

us

to

draft.

laugh.gif i'm hating on what??

you don't know me and w2a. we're 'buds'. i sarcastically criticize the **** out of his mock drafts and he usually does the same with mine, but i think you should change your name in order for people to take your posts seriously.

cause libid21 makes you look smart??

cmon kid

i could care less if you and dude are cool

your opinion was ******** & based on hate not knowledge