mcfadden is ridiculously overrated.

Kayoh

darren mcfadden is not going to be a great nfl rb like adrian peterson has already shown that he is. he is a product of a great arkansas offensive line+full back, and by the time he gets hit the first time, not only is he usually 3 yards past the line already, but he usually goes down right away too. mcfadden relies too much on his speed, and we've all seen what happens to rbs that rely on their speed in college to get by. see: reggie bush.

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifhuh.gif bold statement. i think you are way off, but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

so, just curious.....who's the best rb in the 2008 draft then?

i think it might be jonathan stewart.

i think mcfadden will be the best weapon for sure, and he might be the best rb. but i think stewart will be a very good rb as well. he is a very powerful runner and those are always in high demand, see marion barber and peterson.

mcfadden is a very special player, but he might have a point. stewart is moving up boards though, but those of us who thought hed be in the 1st arent surprised.

the best running back in the draft is definitely jonathan stewart, but mike hart, despite his lack of size, is a very close second.

when looking at rbs in college, you can't just look at how many fancy moves they can do and how elusive they are. that's just the glamorous stuff that college rbs do that gets nulled in the nfl, unless it's an extreme case. you have to look at their vision, patience, burst through the hole, and how many yards they get after first contact. rbs that go down with the first arm tackle[like mcfadden], no matter how fast they are, aren't going to be as good in the nfl as they are in the ncaa. see: michael bennett, reggie bush.

don't say he relies on his speed like bush because they are not the same type of back. mcfadden can run over and around defenders and he doesn't dance in the backfield like bush. he hits the hole extremely quick and that is why he is a great runner. peterson was one of the best backs to come around in a while. i don't think mcfadden is better than him, but he is still very good. i think he's a better nfl prospect than bush.

mcfadden doesnt dance he hits the holes, very similar to ap

& easy on the reggie bush ribbing, i know he plays for the aints now but he used to play for my trojans & hes from my city

haters, lovers, falcons fans, everyone knows reggie will eventually learn to run in this league, judging by his performance on sun nite it might be happening now..

mcfadden doesnt dance he hits the holes, very similar to ap

& easy on the reggie bush ribbing, i know he plays for the aints now but he used to play for my trojans & hes from my city

haters, lovers, falcons fans, everyone knows reggie will eventually learn to run in this league, judging by his performance on sun nite it might be happening now..

not hating on bush, he's a very good player, just not a very good running back yet. not saying he never will be, but right now there are a lot better running backs in the nfl.

the best running back in the draft is definitely jonathan stewart, but mike hart, despite his lack of size, is a very close second.

when looking at rbs in college, you can't just look at how many fancy moves they can do and how elusive they are. that's just the glamorous stuff that college rbs do that gets nulled in the nfl, unless it's an extreme case. you have to look at their vision, patience, burst through the hole, and how many yards they get after first contact. rbs that go down with the first arm tackle[like mcfadden], no matter how fast they are, aren't going to be as good in the nfl as they are in the ncaa. see: michael bennett, reggie bush.

stewart is listed 9th by gbn

http://www.gbnreport.com/2007rbs.html

have you watched mcfadden play???? the guy doesn't down with the first arm tackle. i don't know where you get that from.

i didn't know much about j.stewart before this year and i agree he is very, very good. but to say he is "definitely" the best rb in the draft is a stretch.

i'm sorry, but i don't think you've seen mcfadden play enough. he doesn't do the fancy juke moves that bush did to get by, he's much more of a downhill runner with a lot of strength when he lowers his shoulder. you might've watched him when he had a "bad" game, but this guy has everything you look for in a premiere running back.

mcfadden goes down as soon as he gets hit?! laugh.gif

ok...

have you actually watched him play much? the dude is a monster with the nugget. he's a downhill runner, he hits the hole with excellent burst and power, and his speed enables him to break away from the closing linebackers and safeties.

he's not comparable to reggie bush in any way when it comes to running. he doesn't dance behind the line and try to force everything to the outside because he has the speed to make the edge. he will run straight into guys to get a few extra yards on the sideline.

jonathan stewart is a stud as well, but it's ridiculous to call mcfadden overrated simply because you like him. mcfadden runs with about as much power as ad, but his running style is going to keep him from getting injured longer than an upright guy like ad.

mcfadden is overrated, brian brohm is overrated, andre' woodson is way overrated....your point?

how are they overrated? measured against the talent they are competing with for a pick in the nfl draft, i'd say their stock fits about where it should be.

there is no college rb that any real argument can be made for right now that is hands down better than mcfadden. some guys an argument can be made that they are up there... jonathan stewart, mike hart... but dmac is the #1 rb right now.

brian brohm and matt ryan are almost the same guy. andre woodson should be the top qb prospect in my opinion. none of these qbs are really stand out prospects, but they stand out above who is below them a good bit.

how are they overrated? measured against the talent they are competing with for a pick in the nfl draft, i'd say their stock fits about where it should be.

there is no college rb that any real argument can be made for right now that is hands down better than mcfadden. some guys an argument can be made that they are up there... jonathan stewart, mike hart... but dmac is the #1 rb right now.

brian brohm and matt ryan are almost the same guy. andre woodson should be the top qb prospect in my opinion. none of these qbs are really stand out prospects, but they stand out above who is below them a good bit.

andre' woodson will fall under pressure, brian brohm is already falling apart in college....the only player that will have a chance to do something is mcfadden and thats only with a good oline to protect him and give him open holes.

people make them out like their some sports gods and savior of this team.

andre' woodson will fall under pressure, brian brohm is already falling apart in college....the only player that will have a chance to do something is mcfadden and thats only with a good oline to protect him and give him open holes.

exactly right, woodson cannot perform under pressure, for example how do you think he would fair in triple overtime against the number one team and number two defense in the country?????

i think he may throw the game winning touchdown. oh yeah that's right he did!!!!!!

where are all these ridiculous claims coming from????

have you ever watched mcfadden run the ball (aside from the auburn game-wde), my guess is no because you mentioned vision, and burst through the hole which are both strong points in mcfadden's game.

andre woodson just beat lsu in a triple overtime game where he faced a ton of pressure and looked like he was in pain by the end of it. brian brohm just came from behind to beat cincinatti, a team with a top 5 defense and #1 turnover efficiency.

darren mcfadden is as close to a sure thing as there is in this draft this year. he is the same type of power runner that adrian peterson is, but he runs lower.

every year there is a new savior for this team. we have holes and the best way to fill them is through the draft. some people build a lot of these kids up way too much, though... i agree with that.

this seems so reminiscent of last year.

lets just pass the best player available in the draft for a so so player(s)

im all for our o-line being fixed, trust that but if mcfadden is available we grab him period

quoted for truth. you put mcfadden behind the vikings o line he does the exact same thing as the rookie of the year has. the key is we have to draft a serious line with our other day one picks if mcfadden falls to us.

• 4 months later...

I'm bumping this thread to just support/solidify my original opinion on McFadden.

I don't really care if he ran a 4.33. That proves nothing. We all knew that he was fast. That's like a body builder having a really good bench press; it's a given. McFadden hasn't proven anything until he proves that he can gain YAC. By that, I don't mean Yards After the Catch, I mean Yards After Contact. If I remember correctly, Adrian Peterson gained 75% of his total yards AFTER CONTACT. McFadden is lucky to gain 1 YAC per carry, if that.

I will, however, change my stance on who the best RBs in the draft are. I put McFadden on this list because of what he brings to the return game, receiving game, and the fact that he did produce in the SEC despite his O-Line doing most of the work for him.

1. Rashard Mendenhall

2. Jonathan Stewart

3. Darren McFadden

OVER-RATED!