mock offseason

d-hall fan

let go:

rb- warrick dunn-i love dun but it is time he is old and deserves a team that can block for him and compete now.

wr-michael jenkins-he has dropped ball after ball not to mention already tipped two balls to db's for int td's i mean really what the fu<k is that

rt-todd wiener-he doesn't fit our system and he is older than dirt

rg-kynan forney-the exact same as weiner except with more injuries

qb-mike vick-this is for obvious reasons might as well let the cap **** begin as soon as we can get it started the sooner it ends

dt-montavious stanley-good motor just not the talent would like to see him join our practice squad though

fb-cory mcentire-same as with stanley the motor just not the skills practice squad option

rg-d'anthony batiste-no reason to keep him we only need one back-up guard

olb-he needs to be cut because he can't do much to help our team

retirements:

k-morten anderson-older than the dirt we walk on

lt-wayne gandy-lost his former talent

wr-brian finn-could hurt himself bad

fa lost:

lb-demo-we will finally see the end of this fool who is a shaky tackler at best

qb-chris redman-no reason to re-sign

qb-byron leftwich-why keep him to back-up

cb-deangelo hall-he hates the coach and he has always been more about himself than his team anyways

c-bo wilkerson-only here because of injuries

trade:

te-alge crumpler to minnesota for their third round pick-we need to get rid of his attitude right now is attitude is a greater negative than his production is a positive

rfa-

we lose a 2nd rounder to sign rfa qb-derek anderson-cleveland browns-he has stepped up and in a big way he makes a great deal of sense because he is still relatively young.

fa signings

rt- max starks-pittsburgh steelers-we need a good frontside tackle and he is a solid blocker that can help protect the qb on the edge

rg-jake scott-indianapolis colts-we fill another need before teh draft and put ourselves in posistion to start over on the line and at qb and start learining our new coaches offense the right way

rb-chris brown-tennessee titans-a more physical rusher who can join norwood in the backfield and help develop a more powerful run game

draft:

round 1-lt-jake long-michigan-we need a dominant left tackle to join with our young lg and give us big protection on the left side.

round 2-cb-dejuan tribble-boston college-we are going to need a dominant number 1 cb to replace d-hall after this year

round 3-dt-red bryant-texas a&m-we need a guy to replace grady jackson when he retires

round 3(trade to minny)-te-jacob tamme-we need to replace crump and tamme has been showing what he can do the last two seasons

round 4-ilb-ben moffitt-south florida-he is a big playmaker who we can use in the middle and we can now move brooking back to olb were he can make his biggest impact on the team

round 4(comp. pick for kerney)-olb-bo ruud-nebraska-he is a physical specimen and at this point we can use all the pure talent we can stock pile

round 5-pk-brandon coutu-uga-he has a big leg and he has solid accuracy. he has hit game-winning kicks and he takes pressure pretty solidly

round 6-ss-tony joiner-uf-we need a young guy to replace milloy when he retires in the coming seasons and as much as i despise florida he has talent some character problems but he does seem legitamatley sorry about a stupid mistake

round 7-wr-lavelle hawkins-cal-this kid is a team guy and a big playmaker who tends to catch lots of hard balls and make things happen

round 7(comp. pick for griffith)-fb-carl stewart-aub-he is a good blocker and can catch the ball well and would be a great fit to back-up ovie

udfa:

rb-danny woodhead-chadron state-we need a third down/recieving back to fill out the backfield

wr-jomar wright-duke-probably overlooked a little for being at duke but he has the skills needed

de-matt robinson-wake forest-not all the physical attributes you want but he has lead the team in sacks twice but he is coming off an injury season that really hurt his stock

depth chart

offense

qb:derek anderson/joey harrington/dj shockley

rb:chris brown/jerious norwood/danny woodhead

fb: ovie mughelli/carl stewart

wr x:joe horn/adam jennings/lavelle hawkins

lt: jake long/renardo foster

lg: justin blalock/tyson clabo

c: todd mcclure/doug datish

rg: jake scott/tyson clabo

rt: max starks/quinn ojinaka

te: jacob tamme/dwayne blakely/maltrez milner

wr y:roddy white/laurent robinson/jomar wright

defense

lde:jamaal anderson/chauncey davis

nt:grady jackson/red bryant/trey lewis

ut:rod coleman/johnathan babineaux

rde:john abraham/matt robinson

blb:michael boley/bo ruud

mlb:ben moffitt/tony taylor

wlb:stephen nicholas/keith brooking

lcb:dejuan tribble/david irons

fs:jimmy williams/daren stone/chris crocker

ss:lawyer milloy/chris crocker/tony joiner

rcb:chris houston/lewis sanders

special teams

ls: mike schneck

h: joey harrington

p: michael koenon

ko: michael koenon

pk: brandon coutu

i like dennis dixon too, but given our current draft position i think brohm would probably be the pick. but it will get jumbled again next week, but i broke it down because with the rams, fins and jets picking ahead of us, long, dorsey and mcfadden will be gone. so not a lot of trading options and brohm is probably the best pick we could make without trading down a little further. just my opinion i guess.

but as far as this week is concerned, unless we get ahead of the rams or the fins in the draft order, we wont get long or dorsey. because those 2 guys both fill huge needs for those teams. and if we dont get ahead of the jets, then we wont get mcfadden either.

so, unless we cant win a game to save our lives like those teams cant the rest of the year, then we will have to look at options past long and dorsey in the 1st, as sad as it makes me to say that. i would have loved dorsey.

says the guy that would pass on brohm and woodson to draft dennis dixon blink.gifblink.gif

this happens every draft & i always never understand why..

last year it was jamarcus russell

year before it was jay cutler

this year it will be brian brohm

either put up godly #s against nobodys in college, is a lb playing qb so they think magically he is the god send to the position or he can do a 5 step drop with the correct throwing motion & scouts go gaga.

dennis dixon runs a low 4.4 40 which is huuuuuuuuuuge to this offense behind this line or most lines in this league.

fyi brian brohm would get murdered behind this line, & getting 3 guys in the draft & 1 guy in fa isnt going to make us the patriots line immediately.

he is as accurate a pocket passer as brohm

he runs a spread offense in college which while different, still revolves around quick decision making, accurate passing while "feeding the studs" similar to ours.

just as vy got better so quickly dixon has taken the same path. last year he showed glimses of dominance but this year he has just been dominate.

dennis dixon is the real deal man, watch some video on the kid.

ps i love andre woodson as well id just rather go o-line in the first because there is loads of talent & our franchise qb will most likely be available in the 2nd rd

this happens every draft & i always never understand why..

last year it was jamarcus russell

year before it was jay cutler

this year it will be brian brohm

either put up godly #s against nobodys in college, is a lb playing qb so they think magically he is the god send to the position or he can do a 5 step drop with the correct throwing motion & scouts go gaga.

dennis dixon runs a low 4.4 40 which is huuuuuuuuuuge to this offense behind this line or most lines in this league.

fyi brian brohm would get murdered behind this line, & getting 3 guys in the draft & 1 guy in fa isnt going to make us the patriots line immediately.

he is as accurate a pocket passer as brohm

he runs a spread offense in college which while different, still revolves around quick decision making, accurate passing while "feeding the studs" similar to ours.

just as vy got better so quickly dixon has taken the same path. last year he showed glimses of dominance but this year he has just been dominate.

dennis dixon is the real deal man, watch some video on the kid.

ps i love andre woodson as well id just rather go o-line in the first because there is loads of talent & our franchise qb will most likely be available in the 2nd rd

believe me i'm not down on dixon, but with the depth at ot/og in the draft in 2008 i just think the falcons would be better served going with woodson/brohm.

woodson plays against better competition and i really love what he shows on the field. that is the guy i want. pick woodson in the 1st and use your next 8-10 picks on ol/dl/mlb.

as far as deangelo i like his game but he is all about himself and this is a team rebuilding we need players who are there to sacrifice themselves for the team.

ps i will still watch hall no matter what team he joins

where is the draft pick for deangelo in this mock?? blink.gif

do you think the fo would just let him walk out the door with no compensation???

let go:

rb- warrick dunn-i love dun but it is time he is old and deserves a team that can block for him and compete now.

wr-michael jenkins-he has dropped ball after ball not to mention already tipped two balls to db's for int td's i mean really what the fu<k is that

rt-todd wiener-he doesn't fit our system and he is older than dirt

rg-kynan forney-the exact same as weiner except with more injuries

qb-mike vick-this is for obvious reasons might as well let the cap **** begin as soon as we can get it started the sooner it ends

dt-montavious stanley-good motor just not the talent would like to see him join our practice squad though

fb-cory mcentire-same as with stanley the motor just not the skills practice squad option

rg-d'anthony batiste-no reason to keep him we only need one back-up guard

olb-he needs to be cut because he can't do much to help our team

retirements:

k-morten anderson-older than the dirt we walk on

lt-wayne gandy-lost his former talent

wr-brian finn-could hurt himself bad

fa lost:

lb-demo-we will finally see the end of this fool who is a shaky tackler at best

qb-chris redman-no reason to re-sign

qb-byron leftwich-why keep him to back-up

cb-deangelo hall-he hates the coach and he has always been more about himself than his team anyways

c-bo wilkerson-only here because of injuries

trade:

te-alge crumpler to minnesota for their third round pick-we need to get rid of his attitude right now is attitude is a greater negative than his production is a positive

rfa-

we lose a 2nd rounder to sign rfa qb-derek anderson-cleveland browns-he has stepped up and in a big way he makes a great deal of sense because he is still relatively young.

fa signings

rt- max starks-pittsburgh steelers-we need a good frontside tackle and he is a solid blocker that can help protect the qb on the edge

rg-jake scott-indianapolis colts-we fill another need before teh draft and put ourselves in posistion to start over on the line and at qb and start learining our new coaches offense the right way

rb-chris brown-tennessee titans-a more physical rusher who can join norwood in the backfield and help develop a more powerful run game

draft:

round 1-lt-jake long-michigan-we need a dominant left tackle to join with our young lg and give us big protection on the left side.

round 2-cb-dejuan tribble-boston college-we are going to need a dominant number 1 cb to replace d-hall after this year

round 3-dt-red bryant-texas a&m-we need a guy to replace grady jackson when he retires

round 3(trade to minny)-te-jacob tamme-we need to replace crump and tamme has been showing what he can do the last two seasons

round 4-ilb-ben moffitt-south florida-he is a big playmaker who we can use in the middle and we can now move brooking back to olb were he can make his biggest impact on the team

round 4(comp. pick for kerney)-olb-bo ruud-nebraska-he is a physical specimen and at this point we can use all the pure talent we can stock pile

round 5-pk-brandon coutu-uga-he has a big leg and he has solid accuracy. he has hit game-winning kicks and he takes pressure pretty solidly

round 6-ss-tony joiner-uf-we need a young guy to replace milloy when he retires in the coming seasons and as much as i despise florida he has talent some character problems but he does seem legitamatley sorry about a stupid mistake

round 7-wr-lavelle hawkins-cal-this kid is a team guy and a big playmaker who tends to catch lots of hard balls and make things happen

round 7(comp. pick for griffith)-fb-carl stewart-aub-he is a good blocker and can catch the ball well and would be a great fit to back-up ovie

udfa:

rb-danny woodhead-chadron state-we need a third down/recieving back to fill out the backfield

wr-jomar wright-duke-probably overlooked a little for being at duke but he has the skills needed

de-matt robinson-wake forest-not all the physical attributes you want but he has lead the team in sacks twice but he is coming off an injury season that really hurt his stock

depth chart

offense

qb:derek anderson/joey harrington/dj shockley

rb:chris brown/jerious norwood/danny woodhead

fb: ovie mughelli/carl stewart

wr x:joe horn/adam jennings/lavelle hawkins

lt: jake long/renardo foster

lg: justin blalock/tyson clabo

c: todd mcclure/doug datish

rg: jake scott/tyson clabo

rt: max starks/quinn ojinaka

te: jacob tamme/dwayne blakely/maltrez milner

wr y:roddy white/laurent robinson/jomar wright

defense

lde:jamaal anderson/chauncey davis

nt:grady jackson/red bryant/trey lewis

ut:rod coleman/johnathan babineaux

rde:john abraham/matt robinson

blb:michael boley/bo ruud

mlb:ben moffitt/tony taylor

wlb:stephen nicholas/keith brooking

lcb:dejuan tribble/david irons

fs:jimmy williams/daren stone/chris crocker

ss:lawyer milloy/chris crocker/tony joiner

rcb:chris houston/lewis sanders

special teams

ls: mike schneck

h: joey harrington

p: michael koenon

ko: michael koenon

pk: brandon coutu

you want to give up a 2nd round pick for derek anderson? what have you been smoking? you also want to use free agent money to sign max starks and chris brown? we are talking about a guy the steelers say is to wimpy to start for them and a guy who is made of glass! crack is bad!

i must admit your 7th round pick of carl stewart is a **** good one!

why is no one talking about alan faneca? he'd be my #1 off season pickup. for those of you who don't know:alan faneca, among the most decorated and respected steelers over the past decade, turned hotter than his long mop of red hair yesterday. he stood up from the seat in front of his locker and issued the kind of passionate words usually reserved for an opponent.

only in this case, faneca's foe is steelers management.

"this will be my last year as a pittsburgh steeler," faneca declared, his left hand shaking slightly to betray his emotion.

he has been to the pro bowl six times and would instantly be the best o-lineman we have.