i guess champ bailey sucks

Frenzy™®

1 game. what does the body of work for each guy over the last 16 games indicate?

i don't have a big problem with hall on the field. however, he's simply not one of the top 10 corners in terms of production. in terms of talent, of course he is. unfortunatly, he is an underachiever. he doesn't play within a system. he spends a lot of his time peeking into the backfield looking for a big play. too often that big play runs right past him while he's eye balling the qb.

if we had 2 guys just like hall we would be fine. he's above average, but he has elite talent. that is a bit sad imho.

you guys talk about being a shutdown corner and that d hall sucks,and that champ never gets beat.well he got burnt last night by james jones! i still think champ is the best corner in the league,but i also think you guys are a little too harsh on hall sometimes wink.gif
1 game. what does the body of work for each guy over the last 16 games indicate?

i don't have a big problem with hall on the field. however, he's simply not one of the top 10 corners in terms of production. in terms of talent, of course he is. unfortunatly, he is an underachiever. he doesn't play within a system. he spends a lot of his time peeking into the backfield looking for a big play. too often that big play runs right past him while he's eye balling the qb.

if we had 2 guys just like hall we would be fine. he's above average, but he has elite talent. that is a bit sad imho.

he had a hurt thigh (strained quad i believe), that will seriously affect your speed.

i knew these excuses would be thrown out there if that is the case why was he on the field in the first place, he dived to make a play on 3rd down......

asante samuels > champ bailey

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

if champ was that good of a player they wouldn't be getting booted from the playoffs in the first round every year and what did he look like against a rookie.............

toast......... can you say fall down oven roasted

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif lemme guess the safety didn't get there in time or was he looking the backfield, didn't matter both of them got beat laugh.gif

if champ was that good of a player they wouldn't be getting booted from the playoffs in the first round every year and what did he look like against a rookie.............

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif lemme guess the safety didn't get there in time or was he looking the backfield, didn't matter both of them got beat laugh.gif

confirms my senses that this is sarcasm. smile.gif

bailey is not anywhere near a "shutdown corner." he is overrated just like most supposedly outstanding cornerbacks in the league. the only good cornerbacks these days are the ones with great defensive lines protecting them. this is the time of the safety, not the cornerback.

it's good to know i am not the only one that see this too

you guys talk about being a shutdown corner and that d hall sucks,and that champ never gets beat.well he got burnt last night by james jones! i still think champ is the best corner in the league,but i also think you guys are a little too harsh on hall sometimes wink.gif

dre bly got beat too...clearly he sucks.

i agree, folks don't realize that no matter how good a corner is he's going to get beat sometimes.

please explain to me how winning in the playoffs is the sole responsibility of champ bailey??? huh.gif

talk about dumb logic.

we should trade hall and draft defensive line, as well as find some real safeties. cornerbacks these days suck, the only way to make up for it is to improve the defensive line and find a real center fielder. the colts proved that you can get by with a bunch of mediocre corners if you have outstanding safeties and a good pass rush, that's the way to go.

we should trade hall and draft defensive line, as well as find some real safeties. cornerbacks these days suck, the only way to make up for it is to improve the defensive line and find a real center fielder. the colts proved that you can get by with a bunch of mediocre corners if you have outstanding safeties and a good pass rush, that's the way to go.

who else does it? the bears, um san diego, pittsburgh, colts, patriots.

please explain to me how winning in the playoffs is the sole responsibility of champ bailey??? huh.gif

talk about dumb logic.

i guess it was hall's fault he is only cb contributing to int's and i guess it's his fault the defense comes up short too right

just face the fact bailey ain't what yall say he is, yall bring all that hype saying he don't get beat and how he shuts down his side of the field (with a safety playing over his back always), now that he gets beat by a rookie, all of a sudden he was injured or its just one play.....quit with the nonsense then again if he was all he was cracked up to be he would have been on someone other than the rookie, that's what makes it even worse laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

i notice they didn't run a segment on that, like it was his first time or something. t.o. stiff armed him when he was with philly for 75 yards and its always that 'champ was hurt' excuse. if he was injured like yall say he was why was he even on the field.......he got burnt and ain't a shutdown corner so stop the nonsense

well gb has good corners in al harris and woodson though. even though woodson is the most inconsistent player i've ever seen.

yeah, good overall, i wouldn't want harris actually covering a receiver, though. he can jam better than anyone, but a receiver actually gets moving and the quarterback still has the ball, and he needs some serious help. unsure.gif

yup, i bet everyone on the broncos board is demanding he be traded for derek anderson or asante samuel. too bad, he was good before he got burned on one play. now he is an average cb...

theyre just droppin like flies arent they? rolleyes.gifdry.gif

i guess it was hall's fault he is only cb contributing to int's and i guess it's his fault the defense comes up short too right

just face the fact bailey ain't what yall say he is, yall bring all that hype saying he don't get beat and how he shuts down his side of the field (with a safety playing over his back always), now that he gets beat by a rookie, all of a sudden he was injured or its just one play.....quit with the nonsense then again if he was all he was cracked up to be he would have been on someone other than the rookie, that's what makes it even worse laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

i notice they didn't run a segment on that, like it was his first time or something. t.o. stiff armed him when he was with philly for 75 yards and its always that 'champ was hurt' excuse. if he was injured like yall say he was why was he even on the field.......he got burnt and ain't a shutdown corner so stop the nonsense