Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warricka

schaub=great white hype

116 posts in this topic

that's your image of the black guy huh?

just a dumb n_.

the media fabricated that stereotype of black. read this:

james rada studied televised pro football games during the 1992 season on several major networks. in his sample of comments by on-air announcers, black athletes got most of the positive comments relating to physical characteristics or talents (82 percent versus 18 percent for whites). in regard to comments on cognitive abilities and intelligence, white athletes got 72 percent of the positive comments, compared to just 28 percent for black players. in addition, 100 percent of the comments if sympathy for players were made for white players. of eighteen negative comments on the cognitive abilities of the athletes, all were directed at african americans, as were all eleven commentaries that used animal or inanimate terminology. on-air commentaries also tended to portray white players in more friendly and intimate terms than black players.

dude ,you said the white rb's aren't as athletic as black rb's.

that racial stereotyping is what kept the "dumb" black kid from becoming a qb in the nfl.

athletics and intelligence have nothing to do with race.socio-economic issues might come in to play ;but not race.

ain't that right jimmy the greek ?

that racial stereotyping is what kept the "dumb" black kid from becoming a qb in the nfl.

athletics and intelligence have nothing to do with race.socio-economic issues might come in to play ;but not race.

no. the supremist attitude of many of the found fathers of this game is what kept the "dumb" black kid from becoming a qb in the nfl.

yall are still saying schaub is better than vick?

i'm sorry but if you're still saying that you're either an idiot or a racist.

no. the supremist attitude of many of the found fathers of this game is what kept the "dumb" black kid from becoming a qb in the nfl.

that is what i said.

the old boy network .

it is now changing but it still exists to a degree.

**** white folk !

yall are still saying schaub is better than vick?

i'm sorry but if you're still saying that you're either an idiot or a racist.

i haven't seen vick play this year so i can not answer that question .

nah i didn't say that.

i said that basically there aren't that many athletic whites. white folks can be athletic. nobody naturally athletic. it is all practice that gets you athletic.

i haven't seen vick play this year so i can not answer that question .

so this season is the only season anyone has ever played?

so joe montana must be ###### then, right?

yeah how is he doing in jacksonville as a receiver i haven't really followed up on him. i know he said he wouldn't shave or cut his hair(one of those i can't remember)until he scored a td this year.

he has sucked a big one this year so far....a lot of dropped balls and assignments. some were saying he was growing disgruntled about being a wideout, but thats just people looking for an excuse i think.

chances are he will never be an above average nfl wideout. he has some great athletic ability, but may not be a natural wideout. think of all the natural wideouts that dont even get a chance in this league...still, its somewhat too early to tell considering the qb situation prevailing there since he was drafted...but he is in the same year as roddy, and roddy has improved dramatically, and jones may have taken a step back.

nah i didn't say that.

i said that basically there aren't that many athletic whites. white folks can be athletic. nobody naturally athletic. it is all practice that gets you athletic.

that is pc bs.

some people are more genetically athletic than others but you still have to work at it to the best you can be.

my best is obviously much greater than your best.

he has sucked a big one this year so far....a lot of dropped balls and assignments. some were saying he was growing disgruntled about being a wideout, but thats just people looking for an excuse i think.

chances are he will never be an above average nfl wideout. he has some great athletic ability, but may not be a natural wideout. think of all the natural wideouts that dont even get a chance in this league...still, its somewhat too early to tell considering the qb situation prevailing there since he was drafted...but he is in the same year as roddy, and roddy has improved dramatically, and jones may have taken a step back.

thanks for the breakdown, he's tall with good speed maybe motivation is his problem too? isn't he the 5th receiver on the depth chart?

so this season is the only season anyone has ever played?

so joe montana must be ###### then, right?

this season is the only season that counts for this season.

the past seasons won't get you to a superbowl championship in the present season.

that is pc bs.

some people are more genetically athletic than others but you still have to work at it to the best you can be.

my best is obviously much greater than your best.

i don't really believe that it's genetic. i believe it's the environment that you are in.

peyton, and eli are qb's because of their father training them to become that. peyton's older brother don't even play football.

i don't really believe that it's genetic. i believe it's the environment that you are in.

peyton, and eli are qb's because of their father training them to become that. peyton's older brother don't even play football.

peyton's older brother was a receiver who played in college until a neck injury ended his chances to play further.

wasn't the force passed on through genetics ?

don't tell me that you don't believe in the force !

tiger and the williams sisters - trained from birth

nah i didn't say that.

i kinda disagree...its a combination of training and natural ability.

about the athletic thing, its true for the most part. it is probably not the same kind of stereotypical breakdown that people think though.

kevin walter

anthony gonzales

kevin curtis

joe jerevicuis

brandon stokely

wes welker

...all starting this week.

on the other end though is cb....when is the last time a white guy started at cb? the last white guy to take a decent amount of snaps at cb at all was kevin kaesviharn when he was at cincy before they converted him to free safety.

when was the last prominent white cb? jason sehorn in 2001.

peyton's older brother was a receiver who played in college until a neck injury ended his chances to play further.

wasn't the force passed on through genetics ?

don't tell me that you don't believe in the force !

laugh.gif the force.

i didn't know that peryon's brother broke his neck .

he did before he got hurt. peyton has 13 in memory of his brother's playing days.

tiger and the williams sisters - trained from birth

lots of kids are trained from birth but the ones with the genetic makeup have a better chance.

the ones with god given abilities.

all men were not created equal !

laugh.gif the force.

i didn't know that peryon's brother broke his neck .

he didn't break it.

ithink it was a condition he was born with that was found because of a football injury.

a genetic thing that his brothers did not have .

lots of kids are trained from birth but the ones with the genetic makeup have a better chance.

the ones with god given abilities.

all men were not created equal !

it wasn't an argument, just a statement

it just depends on the players, you got white players like eric crouch and matt jones that switched from qb to another position.

and crouch won a heisman.

whoa whoa, don't bring facts in here. you just killed his point!