Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warricka

schaub=great white hype

116 posts in this topic

how is that similar?

ryan leaf > peyton manning... yeah, okay, but warren moon? he had a great career, even if you exclude his cfl numbers.

he did and i love some warren moon but he didn't have a peyton manning career - just fact, not many have though

schaub was hyped no more than any other backup qb that showed a little talent in a limited number of appearrances.

everyone wanted vick to build on that playoff victory against green bay and it didn't happen.

history also shows us that maybe that victory wasn't all that after all.green bay was on a decline.

how is that similar?

ryan leaf > peyton manning... yeah, okay, but warren moon? he had a great career, even if you exclude his cfl numbers.

warren moon is a hof qb, but lets keep it real.

he did and i love some warren moon but he didn't have a peyton manning career - just fact, not many have though

not saying he did, but i do not agree with his comparison at all. that is the dumbest, most ignorant comparison i've heard.

ah no.

they aren't many around that are as athletic as blacks.

just like the black athlete isn't smart enough to play qb in the nfl ?

not saying he did, but i do not agree with his comparison at all. that is the dumbest, most ignorant comparison i've heard.

i know you do not like me...but don't act like you do not understand sarcasm...it reflects poorly on your intellect.

it just depends on the players, you got white players like eric crouch and matt jones that switched from qb to another position.

and crouch won a heisman.

matt jones is a freak - i really thought he would be moved to the second string qb during gerrards recovery

moon has stated in interviews that before the draft some scouts advised him to switch to tight end.

that happens to white qb's as well.

matt jones is a freak - i really thought he would be moved to the second string qb during gerrards recovery

yeah how is he doing in jacksonville as a receiver i haven't really followed up on him. i know he said he wouldn't shave or cut his hair(one of those i can't remember)until he scored a td this year.

jones is a freakin' bust at receiver !

matt jones =great white hype

yeah how is he doing in jacksonville as a receiver i haven't really followed up on him. i know he said he wouldn't shave or cut his hair(one of those i can't remember)until he scored a td this year.

he scored today - but i think he's a little lazy, i don't have any concrete evidence of that but he looks lazy on the field

schaub was hyped no more than any other backup qb that showed a little talent in a limited number of appearrances.

everyone wanted vick to build on that playoff victory against green bay and it didn't happen.

history also shows us that maybe that victory wasn't all that after all.green bay was on a decline.

we went to the nfc championship after that season...

that happens to white qb's as well.

i'm betting more black then white though. not that i really care either way, but definitly more black qb's would be asked or told to consider position changes.

he scored today - but i think he's a little lazy, i don't have any concrete evidence of that but he looks lazy on the field

yeah it's hard to tell with some receivers, like moss the way he runs it looks lazy but it's just he has those long strides. i seen calvin johnson running like that too on that td he scored last week. just making it look easy.

jones is a freakin' bust at receiver !

matt jones =great white hype

you're a joke, read my last post - he can be a freak and not give a ###### and look bad aka randy moss the oakland years

yeah it's hard to tell with some receivers, like moss the way he runs it looks lazy but it's just he has those long strides. i seen calvin johnson running like that too on that td he scored last week. just making it look easy.

that reverse? if so yes i agree - it looked like practice laugh.gif

you're a joke, read my last post - he can be a freak and not give a ###### and look bad aka randy moss the oakland years

randy moss was a bust in oakland !

i'm betting more black then white though. not that i really care either way, but definitly more black qb's would be asked or told to consider position changes.

well, we could split hairs all night i guess.

just like the black athlete isn't smart enough to play qb in the nfl ?

that's your image of the black guy huh?

just a dumb n_.

the media fabricated that stereotype of black. read this:

james rada studied televised pro football games during the 1992 season on several major networks. in his sample of comments by on-air announcers, black athletes got most of the positive comments relating to physical characteristics or talents (82 percent versus 18 percent for whites). in regard to comments on cognitive abilities and intelligence, white athletes got 72 percent of the positive comments, compared to just 28 percent for black players. in addition, 100 percent of the comments if sympathy for players were made for white players. of eighteen negative comments on the cognitive abilities of the athletes, all were directed at african americans, as were all eleven commentaries that used animal or inanimate terminology. on-air commentaries also tended to portray white players in more friendly and intimate terms than black players.

that reverse? if so yes i agree - it looked like practice laugh.gif

yeah the reverse last week, i was thinking man he looks like he's slow but he's not. wink.gif and moss always looks slow when he catches non deep balls.