Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warricka

schaub=great white hype

116 posts in this topic

how many black qb have a sb ring?

don't know what that matters. you asked how many had a ring and i responded by asking you how many there have been...you couldn't answer my question i guess. have black quarterbacks had the same amount of opprotunities to win rings as there white counterparts?

shut up.

black qb's have been shut out the league before the explosion of black qbs a few years ago.

warren moon > peyton manning

black qb's have explosives too !

killing dogs ain't enough for 'em ?

shut up.

black qb's have been shut out the league before the explosion of black qbs a few years ago.

warren moon > peyton manning

wooo - warren moon is my favorite qb of all time and i think when you add his entire professional career from the cfl and nfl he is in the conversation but as for just the nfl - peyton takes it

now lets hear all the talk about what a mistake it was to trade him

lol..

did schaub lose again?

11-18 77 yards and two interceptions..

it is not as easy as many thought it would be..

have black quarterbacks had the same amount of opprotunities to win rings as there white counterparts?

rolleyes.gif

oh god. the nfl "man" has been holding them down?

rolleyes.gif

an intelligent response from you is completely out of the question. i already know that.

an intelligent response from you is completely out of the question. i already know that.

my response was on par with the quote.

you are citing some kind of conspiracy as your point. how about bringing something tangible to the discussion before expecting someone to take you serious?

rolleyes.gif

yep.

despite his collegiate success, warren moon went undrafted in the national football league. many pundits believe that it was because moon was black and refused to switch positions - moon has stated in interviews that before the draft some scouts advised him to switch to tight end. with no takers in the nfl, his only alternative was the canadian football league. moon signed with the edmonton eskimos, where he and tom wilkinson shared signal-calling duties and helped lead the eskimos to an unprecedented five consecutive grey cup victories in 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 and 1982.[3] of note is that in the 1981 grey cup, the quarterback of the opposing team was j.c. watts. moon won the offensive grey cup most valuable player award in the 1980 and 1982 games. in his final cfl season of 1983, moon threw for a league record 5,648 yards, and won the cfl's most outstanding player award. throughout his cfl career, moon amassed 1,369 completions on 2,382 attempts (57.4 completion percentage) for 21,228 yards and 144 touchdown passes. he also led his team to victory in 9 of 10 postseason games. he was inducted into the canadian football hall of fame in 2001 and the edmonton eskimos wall of honour. in 2006, he was #5 on a list of the greatest 50 cfl players presented by canadian sports network tsn.

[edit] nfl career

nfl man did hold 'em down.

same reason we have no white cb's or no white rb's unless they are fullbacks.(rookie rb in st. louis is a token whitey)

how many black qb have a sb ring?

i'm betting a higher percent then white qb's...while a white qb wins every year, close to 30 don't... not including backups.

i don't see why people are insulting vick in this thread. does insulting vick make schaub better? does it make his 11td 13int career numbers look more profound? does it somehow make him live up to all the hype on this forum?

i think it is becoming obvious that schuab wasn't going to be the answer in atlanta. on a team with oline and wr problems schaub looks average... imagine how he'd look here with a worse oline and roughly the same wr's (depending on the game it seems).

vick was better for this team then schaub. we now know what an average, immobile, accurate, tall qb would do here thanks to harrington, and it's scary. vick did more for this team in the last 6 years then most of you will ever admit to... it's just unfortunate that he's done more to hurt this team then anyone would have imagined.

yep.

despite his collegiate success, warren moon went undrafted in the national football league. many pundits believe that it was because moon was black and refused to switch positions - moon has stated in interviews that before the draft some scouts advised him to switch to tight end. with no takers in the nfl, his only alternative was the canadian football league. moon signed with the edmonton eskimos, where he and tom wilkinson shared signal-calling duties and helped lead the eskimos to an unprecedented five consecutive grey cup victories in 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 and 1982.[3] of note is that in the 1981 grey cup, the quarterback of the opposing team was j.c. watts. moon won the offensive grey cup most valuable player award in the 1980 and 1982 games. in his final cfl season of 1983, moon threw for a league record 5,648 yards, and won the cfl's most outstanding player award. throughout his cfl career, moon amassed 1,369 completions on 2,382 attempts (57.4 completion percentage) for 21,228 yards and 144 touchdown passes. he also led his team to victory in 9 of 10 postseason games. he was inducted into the canadian football hall of fame in 2001 and the edmonton eskimos wall of honour. in 2006, he was #5 on a list of the greatest 50 cfl players presented by canadian sports network tsn.

[edit] nfl career

oh wow. "pundits believe" is proof of a conspiracy?

brady was nearly undrafted, the nfl hates white qb's!!!!!

white qb's are told to switch positions in the nfl all the time too.

nfl man did hold 'em down.

same reason we have no white cb's or no white rb's unless they are fullbacks.(rookie rb in st. louis is a token whitey)

ah no.

they aren't many around that are as athletic as blacks.

brady was undrafted, the nfl hates white qb's!!!!!

was brady asked to switch positions to get accepted?

brady was undrafted, the nfl hates white qb's!!!!!

moon has stated in interviews that before the draft some scouts advised him to switch to tight end.

similar thinking....

drugs > books

how is that similar?

ryan leaf > peyton manning... yeah, okay, but warren moon? he had a great career, even if you exclude his cfl numbers.

ah no.

they aren't many around that are as athletic as blacks.

really? but on the flipside, if someone were to say "there aren't many black athletes aspiring to play qb", it would mean nothing to you? how about that it is the truth.

was brady asked to switch positions to get accepted?

it just depends on the players, you got white players like eric crouch and matt jones that switched from qb to another position.

and crouch won a heisman.