patrioits = metallica

bow chicka wow wow

this is a sad day. i for one think if a fan can sell a ticket and some idiot is willing to pay 1500 for a ticket that cost 100 then by al means do it. they have no right to know whats goes on after teh tickets leave their hands. if anything they should do a background check before they allow a person to purchase season tickets.

hopefully the same thing will happen to them that happened to metallica when they started messing with their fan base. fall off the face of the earth

this will be their last year of "dynasty"

ticket scandal

cheating scandal

5 of their def guys are on verge of retirement

they are on downward spiral.

this is a sad day. i for one think if a fan can sell a ticket and some idiot is willing to pay 1500 for a ticket that cost 100 then by al means do it. they have no right to know whats goes on after teh tickets leave their hands. if anything they should do a background check before they allow a person to purchase season tickets.

hopefully the same thing will happen to them that happened to metallica when they started messing with their fan base. fall off the face of the earth

ticket scandal

cheating scandal

laugh.giflaugh.gif clearly the team that will be 7-0 is on a downward spiral. you people kill me. laugh.gif

ticket scandal

cheating scandal

absolutely not. first off massachusett's state law expressly prohibits turning a 1400 dollar profit on a ticket resale. second off the pats would obviously want to control the fate of their tickets to excuse themselves of any liability as well as to make sure that people arent profiting off of their name and likeness. the metallica suit, though well intentioned, was absurd from the band's hyppocritical nature. i think the pats are totally justified in not allowing people to make money off of their product and the law seems to agree.

and from a football standpoint....if you honestly believe that they will be under .500 next year you should do yourself a favor and just stop watching football right now....actually....you might want to consider moving into the woods with no tv or communication with the outside world....

ticket scandal

cheating scandal

i hate scalpers.

ticket scandal

cheating scandal

laugh.gif so what you're trying to say is that you are one of the sellers from stubhub where all the tickets are being sold at an illegal inflated price huh? patriots cutting into your profit margin?

puh-lease scalpers are trash. dry.gif

and btw - they aren't planning on sueing the fans - they are planning on cancelling all the season/game tickets - namely those who purchased tickets and then turned around and resold them at an inflated price

laugh.gif so what you're trying to say is that you are one of the sellers from stubhub where all the tickets are being sold at an illegal inflated price huh? patriots cutting into your profit margin?

puh-lease scapers are trash. dry.gif

and btw - they aren't planning on sueing the fans - they are planning on cancelling all those who purchased season tickets and then turned around and resold them at an inflated price

right, they aren't going after the fans - they're going after the people that rape the fans

doh k? this post could use a link or something. i don't have a problem with an individual selling a ticket for whatever the market bears. the problem is when someone scoops up all of the tickets and concerts sell out in less than a minute only to find the ticket price at $150 or as a long time sth at the dome i notice how large sections around me have different fans every game especially fans of the opposing team.

how do you tell the difference between individuals and ticket brokers? i see the same group of guys off williams street starting with the off ramp all the way up by the cnn center not needing but selling tickets every game. does anyone think that at 10am that many people drove all the way to the dome just to dump off tickets they could not use. i don't think so, they bought up a bunch of tickets and hope to overcharge but meanwhile if the tickets were not purchased by them they would still be available at face value.

so what you are saying is for a fact

lets say you get relocated to new england and you are still a falcon fan. you dont want to buy season tickets just to see ne take on the falcons so you look else where. being the pats are sold out and you dont want nosebleed seats b/c you actually wanna see teh game you wouldnt buy tickets from a new england season tickets holder at any price above face value because its wrong!?

lets say you get relocated to new england and you are still a falcon fan. you dont want to buy season tickets just to see ne take on the falcons so you look else where. being the pats are sold out and you dont want nosebleed seats b/c you actually wanna see teh game you wouldnt buy tickets from a new england season tickets holder at any price above face value because its wrong!?

the only real, true fact is that this thread is hilarious and that if you actually think the patriots are the "joke of the nfl" then you sir, are a pylon!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

laugh all you guys want. i told each and everyone of you at teh beginning of last yeat that the saints would win the divison and that this year they would suck too.

i also mentioned the falcons would be a 3 win team this year and a 10 win team next year. right after the mora firing.

im not some ****** just throwing ideas out. id glad lookup and repost my history if needed

also recalled saying the bears are jokers.

my team this year to go the the sb was seattle and ne.

the thing is the people they are suing are scalpers not fans - fans sell tickets for face value maybe 10-20 dollars more but not 1500 more

didn't say that -- just that it is illegal to raise the price more than $2.00 of face value and the patriots are actually trying to protect their fans from such low-lifes who jack-up the price 200-300% or more!

didn't say that -- just that it is illegal to raise the price more than $2.00 of face value and the patriots are actually trying to protect their fans from such low-lifes who jack-up the price 200-300% or more!

so if u r a falcons season ticket holder and i offer you 1500 bucks for 1 ticket to see the falcons /texans b/c i am a texans fan do you honestly say you wouldnt sell me it and make yourself 1300 bucks?

so if u r a falcons season ticket holder and i offer you 1500 bucks for 1 ticket to see the falcons /texans b/c i am a texans fan do you honestly say you wouldnt sell me it and make yourself 1300 bucks?

as long as we were 1500 feet away from the venue i would say sure!

differance is that it is not illegal to that in georgia

and what was wrong with metallica's position?

if you wrote a book called "how to be honest", and you made your living by selling printed copies of that book, how would you feel if someone scanned it into a computer and was giving away copies on the internet? do you think that would help or hurt your printed book sales?

bottom line, when you buy an album you buy the rights to use it for your personal enjoyment, but that doesn't include the right to make copies and give them away to your friends.

exactly what did metallica do wrong?

and what was wrong with metallica's position?

if you wrote a book called "how to be honest", and you made your living by selling printed copies of that book, how would you feel if someone scanned it into a computer and was giving away copies on the internet? do you think that would help or hurt your printed book sales?

bottom line, when you buy an album you buy the rights to use it for your personal enjoyment, but that doesn't include the right to make copies and give them away to your friends.

exactly what did metallica do wrong?

what they did wasn't wrong, legaly speaking. what was wrong was they way they handled the situation and their customers and potential customers. how they did it was a pr screwup of the highest order. especially since consumers feel the price of a cd is above what it should be. metallica shouldn't have led the charge, metallica's recording producers should have.

but the popularity of music pirating has a root from the fact that cd's are cheaper to produce than an old cassette tape, yet record producers are charging more money for them. sales of cd's have been plummeting lately, and the bulk of it has to do with the fact that consumers can buy mp3's for a dollar a piece.

metallica and the recording industry could have embraced the methods of how their music was being stolen and might have been able to avoid being obsolete, instead cd sales are going to continue to drop and those producers are going to be scrambling for new sources of revenue, the artists will leave, since the only way to get that revenue is directly from the musicians and the entire industry will have to reinvent itself or totally collapse.

what does any of that have to do with the patriots. ne is trying to shut down someone from making an obscene profit of their product. if they and the nfl let it continue, soon ticket prices would be like cd's, way too overpriced for the consumer to even care about trying to get the tickets. then attendance and popularity would drop. the nfl is a well-oiled business machine, they don't really care if the average fan is on the street trying to get a quick buck off a ticket they suddenly don't want, but they will care when an entire business comes along and attempts to jack the price of the nfl's product up 200%.