sooooooo.......

piratedownsth

how's that rich mckay guy working out for you bird fans.

i expected some distractions, and a little adversity around falconland, but not this monumental meltdown.

you all need to flush that ###### vick, instead of longing to feel it back home.

tatf is on fire, bring in schwarzeneger, chuck norris, some kind of hero for the falcons lord, amen.

next year, ****!

they'll win at least one more this season, and get all puffed up again.

and i'll be right there along side 'em .... to deflate them!

biggrin.gif

kinda like what's going to happen to you guys pretty soon.

you're only 1 win ahead of them and 2 losses behind them.

looks like the front office is trying their best to not let that happen. i mean getting rid of one of the bright spots on our d, they must really like mcfadden.

grady jackson is a lockeroom cancer. the falcons are better off without

him anyway. the falcons are the 4th team that's released him. that

should tell you something about his character.

grady jackson is a lockeroom cancer. the falcons are better off without

him anyway. the falcons are the 4th team that's released him. that

should tell you something about his character.

a lot of the players liked him, so i'm willing to bet he isn't a cancer. i think the front office is just trying to go younger but to cut grady in the middle of the season is just stupid.

been looking forward to april since vick got suspended dry.gif

kinda like what's going to happen to you guys pretty soon.

you're only 1 win ahead of them and 2 losses behind them.

you obviously have me confused with that buffoon that proclaims the saints are on-track to being a dynasty. i'm more of a realist. if the saints can squeak out a .500 season at this point, i'll be happy.

a lot of the players liked him, so i'm willing to bet he isn't a cancer. i think the front office is just trying to go younger but to cut grady in the middle of the season is just stupid.

been looking forward to april since vick got suspended dry.gif

they don't consider him a 'cancer' because half the locker room are just as soft and weak-minded as he is.

• 1 month later...
WhenFalconsWin (12/11/2007)
piratedownsth (10/26/2007)
tatf is a very scary place right now .....

i mean, they don't even react to a good stick poking. they're just frickin' numb.

ugly....

not even fun to poke right now. oh well, always next year.

Bullshyt poke away...because if the shoe was on the other foot I would be unmerciful!:P

:D

Oh, you can bet your azz I don't worry about you. But, cmon there are alot of bubble gum bandits on this board that I would just as soon not get into a stick poking with, and next thing you know CNN has some special bullitin in some Atanta middle school.

That picture you have reminds of this large breasted little softball player I used to mess with in my younger days, first thing that comes to mind is the waft that comes from down under after one of her games:w00t:

WhenFalconsWin (12/19/2007)
ok...

Well it appears the Tuna is coming to clean house in Atlanta. Congrats to you Falcon fans(you might deserve it after this year), because you now have someone who will know, and more than likely worked with every person that he hires from the Coaches/scouts to the shiz can cleaners.

The players will now fit whatever O, and D scheme that is run, no more Rich McKay buying his snake oiled players for the Coaches.

One other thing that crosses my mind is, Bellicik was rumored to be done with the Pats after this year, don't recall the latest word, but that would be on **** of a staff.

Congrats to Blank if he is able to close this deal, I believe he is a good owner,

bastids:D

The Tuna has a great shot at putting something good together,

(since the size function isn't working, image a really big,) IF

the Monopoly man figures out that he should get a bit more hands off. He may be a good guy and a good owner to his players, but he really should let the professionals handle the football part.

Sniper Wolf (12/19/2007)

the Monopoly man figures out that he should get a bit more hands off. He may be a good guy and a good owner to his players, but he really should let the professionals handle the football part.

I guess even billionares have to learn new things sometimes.

He is going to have someone now who has seen it all advising him, really good move if he can get it the contract done, may still take a couple of years, because he will have to un-f the salary cap, but this will not bode well for our teams in the near future IMO.

Oh yea, and one last kick of Tampa Bay beach sand in McKays face before he packs out, thank you Rich for the first kickoff return in the regular season history of the 2007 NFCS Division Champion. Although Blank kept you in the background up in the booth, I could still imagine you squirming in your snake oil with a snotty look on your face that special day:D.

Shout out to #1Stunna, I can't find the thread, but know you must have thought about posting the bucs will never return one, you are a good poster #1, thank you.

P.S.

This post is in no way a reflection of how I feel about the current special team Players, Coaches, fans, or owner of the Atlanta Falcons. To you, the bucs just finally made a play.

Well, no Tuna for you. It's a shame, he could have helped you out.

Don't get too down, what he pulled was just simple business. It's the same thing anyone does when faced with two different job offers. I'd still suggest getting rid of your GM though. Maybe an assistant from the Jags? They put together a pretty good team in a fairly unsupported market.

Sniper Wolf (12/19/2007)

Don't get too down, what he pulled was just simple business. It's the same thing anyone does when faced with two different job offers. I'd still suggest getting rid of your GM though. Maybe an assistant from the Jags? They put together a pretty good team in a fairly unsupported market.

Was the 2 jobs the reason?

The Fat one backed out on the bucs supposedly because the cap money was hosed for the future.

Or was it because Blank would not kick McKay all the way out the door.

"The search continues Momma"

Bobby Bouche

piratedownsth (12/19/2007)
Sniper Wolf (12/19/2007)

Was the 2 jobs the reason?

The Fat one backed out on the bucs supposedly because the cap money was hosed for the future.

Or was it because Blank would not kick McKay all the way out the door.

"The search continues Momma"

Bobby Bouche

You misunderstand me. What I meant was he used the Atlanta position to up his offer from Miami. I recall a similar situation happening in Tampa, and Tuna walked away. Rumors as to why, and what you just said, were always because he wanted nothing to do with McKay and the mess he made.

Which is why I think, honestly, that the Birds have to completely cut McKay out in order to start turning it around.

Agreed...I'm not sure Blank wants to do that though?

He may very well be a nice guy and wants to win and all, but he better grow a sack. This is the NFL, not a home improvement store chain. If he really wants to win, he'd better clear the front office of a lot of garbage, put some football people in place and keep himself in the owners box with his mouth shut.

Just from looking at the past, it almost seems like he gets to 'chummy,' with his players. Nothing wrong with that until it leads to poor judgment calls like handing Vick a ton of money and, and this is just underground accusations coming from the Petrino camp, putting pressure on the staff to run Dunn more than Norwood. He's about to face another hard call, whether or not to throw the bank at D Hall. Economically and cap speaking, that would be a huge mistake that would further cripple the Birdies chances of making other, much needed upgrades.

Even peckerheads like Dan Synder finally learned. Blank had better learn it in a hurry. Your team is in a bad cap situation, and unless he does learn, it's going to get a lot worse.

If, and I do mean if we get the Vick money back we're in great shape cap wise. There can be some instant fixes in FAs...but not with McKay picking them, his FAs have not panned out. I aqree Blank needs to clear the FO, be this one is not doing the job...can you imagine letting McKay pick the coach again? I also think Blank does mettle to much...who else would give Dunn these carries the last two seasons?

Trouble with getting the Vick money is getting it back. That farce is tied up in the courts and will likely not be settled until it's too late. By settled, I mean a check in hand from Vick. The real stink of it, the NFL requires cash in hand before it applies to the cap.

From what reports are coming out of your camp, McKay is going to be out of the decision making loop. That's good, but he needs to be out period. Imagine if he's still around with a new GM. It'd be a power struggle from day one, with the team caught in between. Good news is that's basic business sense, and Blank should already know that.

Now this is just me, but I think Blankman needs to slow down. Let the season finish before going to the hiring hall. Take the time to do the homework and find a guy that may be being overlooked but has the tools to handle the GM job. Bring in some good scouts to look for the Colston's of the world. Blank's trying too hard to make a big splash to get fans excited, but it's far better to take your time and build up a solid product. If the Birdies go out, get a bunch of no names, but are able to turn around next season and get 6 or 8 wins, the fans will get excited regardless of the names.

/The tl;dr version: Quit playing fantasy football.