birdies cut some major fat

Sniper Wolf

here's what i'm thinking and i warn you this is all conjecture based on what i've seen out of old tubby:

grady jackson is a good player as long as he's happy. you've seen a taste of what he's like unhappy this offseason with his contract. what i've seen out of him is that when he's unhappy he becomes a problem. his production goes down and he becomes one of those 'locker room cancers,' you hear about, the type of guy that's always complaining and dragging down everyone elses moral. grady, also, is the type of guy that his moral is based not so much off of his paycheck, but wins. as long as you're winning, he's fine, but if you start losing, he becomes a problem.

so don't get too upset about this one. i know he can give great production when he's motivated to do so, i've seen it here when he was in no. however, i also saw the side of grady that decided he didn't give a crap anymore. remember jonathan sullivan, a dt the saints drafted a few years back? the original thought was that grady could mentor the kid and help instill the work ethic needed for an nfl player. grady didn't give much of a **** about that and i think the poor example grady set in our locker room helped the kid bust in the nfl.

again, all this is conjecture purely based on grady's history. i'm not saying i'm 100% on this, but i do think it's a likely possibility.

here's what i'm thinking and i warn you this is all conjecture based on what i've seen out of old tubby:

grady jackson is a good player as long as he's happy. you've seen a taste of what he's like unhappy this offseason with his contract. what i've seen out of him is that when he's unhappy he becomes a problem. his production goes down and he becomes one of those 'locker room cancers,' you hear about, the type of guy that's always complaining and dragging down everyone elses moral. grady, also, is the type of guy that his moral is based not so much off of his paycheck, but wins. as long as you're winning, he's fine, but if you start losing, he becomes a problem.

so don't get too upset about this one. i know he can give great production when he's motivated to do so, i've seen it here when he was in no. however, i also saw the side of grady that decided he didn't give a crap anymore. remember jonathan sullivan, a dt the saints drafted a few years back? the original thought was that grady could mentor the kid and help instill the work ethic needed for an nfl player. grady didn't give much of a **** about that and i think the poor example grady set in our locker room helped the kid bust in the nfl.

again, all this is conjecture purely based on grady's history. i'm not saying i'm 100% on this, but i do think it's a likely possibility.

i believe you are spot on sniper. grady is a phenominal athelete. i'll never forget

the play when he was a saint where he dove over the fb, grabbed the left

shoulder pad of redskin qb gus ferrote and drug him to the ground as he was

flying by. teams do not like to part with dominant dt's,but the raiders,saints

packers,and now the falcons have found a way to release him. jackson has been

great his first year with a club,but his production starts dropping dramatically in

his second. i'd bet my house he weighed over 400 lbs the last season he played

for us. he gets paid,gets lazy. lather,rinse,repeat.

falcon fans, the final straw with grady as a saint was he asked jim haslett not

to play him with a dislocated pinkie finger. haslett refused,grady checked out

of the teams hotel and left anyway. he was released the following day.

thanks for your concern sw, but we'll be just fine. i'm mean how could we worry about such a trivial thing at 1-6? btw, direct us to that fat, fa, dt that lasted all of 15 minutes at your first training camp practice! laugh.gif

just look for the hoards of japanese screaming "brackzilla!"

i believe you are spot on sniper. grady is a phenominal athelete. i'll never forget

the play when he was a saint where he dove over the fb, grabbed the left

shoulder pad of redskin qb gus ferrote and drug him to the ground as he was

flying byteams do not like to part with dominant dt's,but the raiders,saints

packers,and now the falcons have found a way to release him. jackson has been

great his first year with a club,but his production starts dropping dramatically in

his second. i'd bet my house he weighed over 400 lbs the last season he played

for us. he gets paid,gets lazy. lather,rinse,repeat.

falcon fans, the final straw with grady as a saint was he asked jim haslett not

to play him with a dislocated pinkie finger. haslett refused,grady checked out

of the teams hotel and left anyway. he was released the following day.

good point, really.