congrats saints fans

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, the saints can barely beat a 1-5 team. they're -really- going to win the division. gimme a break. as far as i'm concerned it's still only a 2 horse race. when new orleans breaks .500 then maybe we'll talk.

they're delusional. you're not going to make the playoffs with an inconsistent offense, no running game, media at-best special teams, and a swiss cheese defense.

they're delusional. you're not going to make the playoffs with an inconsistent offense, no running game, media at-best special teams, and a swiss cheese defense.

last year the bucs won two in a row after losing 5. against pretty good teams, too. they went on to lose all but two more of their games. hate to say it but that's likely going to be the case in this instance. only a couple teams have overcome 0-4 to win their division and make the playoffs. i don't think this team is good enough to do that. especially after already losing a game to the bucs and panthers.

last year the bucs won two in a row after losing 5. against pretty good teams, too. they went on to lose all but two more of their games. hate to say it but that's likely going to be the case in this instance. only a couple teams have overcome 0-4 to win their division and make the playoffs. i don't think this team is good enough to do that. especially after already losing a game to the bucs and panthers.

probably not, but there are some positives for us. we aren't facing many great teams from here on out. and contrary to ionsens repeated referrals to last years defense, the saints d has been doing pretty well against the run and since remembering that it's legal to blitz, they are able to generate a few big plays of their own on defense. the offense is still sputtering, but it's been looking better and there isn't much reason to think it won't continue to move forward. rushing? well, considering the bulk of you would rather cut off your thumbs with a rusty knife than admit to the possibility that reggie bush is anything other that a complete and total bust of ryan leaf proportions, i think i might take your opinions on that with a mountain of salt.

i don't know if we can make a run at the division, if everything goes the saints way, it won't be till the last month of the season before we're in that kind of spot, but in this weak nfc, the playoffs aren't an impossibility. it'll just be extremely difficult.

probably not, but there are some positives for us. we aren't facing many great teams from here on out. and contrary to ionsens repeated referrals to last years defense, the saints d has been doing pretty well against the run and since remembering that it's legal to blitz, they are able to generate a few big plays of their own on defense. the offense is still sputtering, but it's been looking better and there isn't much reason to think it won't continue to move forward. rushing? well, considering the bulk of you would rather cut off your thumbs with a rusty knife than admit to the possibility that reggie bush is anything other that a complete and total bust of ryan leaf proportions, i think i might take your opinions on that with a mountain of salt.

i don't know if we can make a run at the division, if everything goes the saints way, it won't be till the last month of the season before we're in that kind of spot, but in this weak nfc, the playoffs aren't an impossibility. it'll just be extremely difficult.

why run, when you can pass? right now, the saints' defense sits in the top 10 of first downs given up on 3rd down, the 4th most first downs given up to the pass, and the 2nd highest (2nd only to the great/undefeated miami dolphins) quarterback rating versus your swiss cheese defense. facing your defense has become like a bye week.

why run, when you can pass? right now, the saints' defense sits in the top 10 of first downs given up on 3rd down, the 4th most first downs given up to the pass, and the 2nd highest (2nd only to the great/undefeated miami dolphins) quarterback rating versus your swiss cheese defense. facing your defense has become like a bye week.

then how'd you lose? if we can make any qb look amazing, what happened?

we brought pressure, especially after the piano man came in and made plays. (read what i wrote.)

thanx bloodhoundz.

you still think i'm 1 of your favorite (rival)posters being as controversial as i am?

i'm politically incorrect i guess. rolleyes.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif

i actually like and respect all you saints fans even though i don't like the saints. nothing wrong with a lil friendly trash talk. last year you guys won fair and square no conspiracy and same with this year.

and yes saint anger you are one of my favorite rival posters most of your threads give me good laughter.

you da man.

you are both quick-witted and funny, making you the best poster i've seen on these boards. props 2 u

smile.gif

oh, man ... y'all aren't gonna kiss now, are you? dry.gif

then how'd you lose? if we can make any qb look amazing, what happened?

we brought pressure, especially after the piano man came in and made plays. (read what i wrote.)

let's see, our inability to score touchdowns when we cross the red zone or mid-field (which is why we're 31st in total touchdowns), our inability to get the football into all of our playmakers hands, and getting zero pressure on drew brees. sorry, you aren't going to win many ball games settling for field goals and it seems like every game the falcons play the field goal game.

you brought pressure and you still made joey harrington and byron leftwich look like the 2nd coming. even with your pressure, those normally turnover machines didn't turn the football over at all, and they completed 27 out of 41 passes for 273 yards. your defensive is so dreadful, i picked up roddy white knowing he'd rape every inch of that swiss cheese defensive backfield and he handed me a gem.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

i actually like and respect all you saints fans even though i don't like the saints. nothing wrong with a lil friendly trash talk. last year you guys won fair and square no conspiracy and same with this year.

and yes saint anger you are one of my favorite rival posters most of your threads give me good laughter.

you da man.

you are both quick-witted and funny, making you the best poster i've seen on these boards. props 2 u

smile.gif

oh, man ... y'all aren't gonna kiss now, are you? dry.gif

dry.gifmad.gif

let's see, our inability to score touchdowns when we cross the red zone or mid-field (which is why we're 31st in total touchdowns), our inability to get the football into all of our playmakers hands, and getting zero pressure on drew brees. sorry, you aren't going to win many ball games settling for field goals and it seems like every game the falcons play the field goal game.

you brought pressure and you still made joey harrington and byron leftwich look like the 2nd coming. even with your pressure, those normally turnover machines didn't turn the football over at all, and they completed 27 out of 41 passes for 273 yards. your defensive is so dreadful, i picked up roddy white knowing he'd rape every inch of that swiss cheese defensive backfield and he handed me a gem.

see, here is where you should review what i wrote. no where did i even infer the saints pass d isn't bad. all i said was that now we're able to make some plays, some pressures and some sacks. it's enough to get enough plays to keep the other guys from completely pwning us.

see, here is where you should review what i wrote. no where did i even infer the saints pass d isn't bad. all i said was that now we're able to make some plays, some pressures and some sacks. it's enough to get enough plays to keep the other guys from completely pwning us.

okay, well how much does it matter if your defense is pressuring the opposition when you're still giving up big plays? the saints applied pressure, but they left gaping holes that was and will be exploited. how much does it mean in the grand scheme of things?

okay, well how much does it matter if your defense is pressuring the opposition when you're still giving up big plays? the saints applied pressure, but they left gaping holes that was and will be exploited. how much does it mean in the grand scheme of things?

those gaping holes where there without the pressure. at least this way gives us a chance.

laugh.gif that's ok, don't let that remark bother you cuz everyone, even saints fans think that his postings are as annoying as that spinning helmet......and that's pretty **** annoying. rolleyes.gif

dude, get a girlfriend man and leave the rival central to those with their game face on....

the saints are hoping to recapture last season's form on offense.

if that happens, the defense will play solid enough to win.

i have a strong feeling pierre thomas will further give the saints another suprise playmaker to add another dimension to an offense trying to find it's identity.

he may be as great a find as colston except undrafted......we'll see.

the saints are hoping to recapture last season's form on offense.

if that happens, the defense will play solid enough to win.

i have a strong feeling pierre thomas will further give the saints another suprise playmaker to add another dimension to an offense trying to find it's identity.

he may be as great a find as colston except undrafted......we'll see.

not possible. without deuce lining up as a viable threat on the ground, your o is even more one dimensional.

but from someone who was glad to see deuce end up with a season ending injury i don't expect you to believe that.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

they beat you guys by a td and they act like they stomped your azzes. good teams stomp bad teams. sort of like the bucs stomped the rams, saints, and panthers.

not possible. without deuce lining up as a viable threat on the ground, your o is even more one dimensional.

but from someone who was glad to see deuce end up with a season ending injury i don't expect you to believe that.

you sure your not a philly fan bandwagoning the bucs after the vet closing and the linc opening? huh.gif

you sure your not a philly fan bandwagoning the bucs after the vet closing and the linc opening? huh.gif

i think he was saying that saint anger was happy to see deuce go down, not that he himself was glad to see it. it's written weird, i had to look at it twice.

at any rate, deuce going down was not a good thing any way you look at it - from his perspective or from the saints'. that was the low light in a season replete with them. just because he was being underutilized doesn't make it a good thing that he is sidelined.

deuce was/is a warrior - with any luck, he is able to rehab this injury as good or better as the injury to his other leg. i'd love to see him back for another year or two.

pierre thomas showed promise in the preseason and was able to beat out a guy who had a pretty decent college career. he plays with heart and that goes a long ways toward filling in any gaps left in physical ability. i doubt that his heart and physical ability ever measure up to what deuce was able to put out there, but i have my fingers crossed.

stecker has done a decent job filling in for deuce in the past and rotating he and pierre thomas alongside bush may work out in the end - but deuce's absence will be felt all year long.

unless the o-line keeps playing like it has for the past couple games, it doesn't really matter what they do - the run is based on the pass and the passing game still isn't measuring up to what we expected before the season - a great deal of that can be laid directly at the feet of the o-line.