boone stutz is da man!!!!!

jatchisv2

that is all ......

wink.gif

laugh.gif

kinda wondered if i'd see you around today expressing your gratitude. congrats on gettin' the first one dude. you guys looked pretty good last night.

in boone's defense, he did pretty well after that initial goof. but maybe that's all it will take to get the spark going for your team, eh? seattle must be where atlanta sends all of its scrubs now... wink.gif

laugh.gif

kinda wondered if i'd see you around today expressing your gratitude. congrats on gettin' the first one dude. you guys looked pretty good last night.

in boone's defense, he did pretty well after that initial goof. but maybe that's all it will take to get the spark going for your team, eh? seattle must be where atlanta sends all of its scrubs now... wink.gif

yeah, we needed that in the worst way! they looked more like what i expected to see out of them this year.

funny, but i don't think i heard kerney's name called at all last night .....

yeah, we needed that in the worst way! they looked more like what i expected to see out of them this year.

funny, but i don't think i heard kerney's name called at all last night .....

that's nothing new.

after his one pro bowl year, we hadn't heard his name much when he was a falcon either.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/story/179423.html

a disastrous debut, an early deficitsaints seize lead when newcomer stutz stumbles on first punt snapdarrin beene; the news tribune published: october 15th, 2007 01:22 am

snap, catch, kick.

seattle seahawks punter ryan plackemeier and new long-snapper boone stutz practiced their trade for hours last week, executing snap, catch and kick time after time.

then came sunday s first punt at qwest field. stutz snapped it, and the ball went back. but instead of hitting plackemeier in the hands, it hit the ground first and was eventually recovered by new orleans pierre thomas for the game s first score.

i ve never had one get away from me like that, honestly, said stutz, who was signed wednesday to replace derek rackley. to have a low one on a punt snap is news to me.

it wasn t the only bad news for the special teams in the seahawks 28-17 loss. in the second quarter, kicker josh brown had a 44-yard field goal blocked. six plays and an extra point later, the saints expanded their lead to 21-0.

you can t start the game like we did against anybody and expect to have good results, seahawks coach mike holmgren said. the touchdown we handed them on the bad snap, the blocked field goal.

our special teams have been struggling with that during the season, and if we don t get it fixed, it s not good.

it certainly wasn t good sunday.

stutz couldn t imagine a worse first impression. the seahawks first possession of the game stalled at their 37. out came the punting unit.

stutz s first snap sent plackemeier scrambling backwards toward his own end zone. there was a pileup at the 11, and thomas recovered it at the 5 and took it in for the game s first points.

after the initial shock wore off, plackemeier said his first thought was to get the ball through the back of the end zone so the saints would only get a safety.

i thought i had some more time when i was chasing it down, plackemeier said. they came pretty quick because i think they had an eight-man rush.

and obviously i can t see anybody behind me and when i went to pick it up, i got hit so i couldn t get it.

stutz said he didn t know what happened, and he and plackemeier said they had had no problems all week long with low snaps.

practice went fine this week, warmups went great and the rest of the game went great, said stutz. i just had a hiccup.

in the second quarter came more indigestion in the kicking game.

trailing 14-0, the seahawks drove to the saints 26 to set up a field-goal attempt for brown.

stutz s snap was good, plackemeier s hold was true, brown s kick was solid but still was blocked by the saints josh bullocks.

bullocks, a teammate of brown s at nebraska, came crashing in on the right side.

oh he came up to me and said i got you jb, brown said. i said yeah, good job, my hat s off to you. not many guys get us, so it s a rarity and we re going to keep it that way.

tight end ben joppru, who was blocking on that side, said he saw nothing exotic from the saints on the play, and would need to review film in order to see what happened.

brown and plackemeier both noted that whatever problems the team had in the first half were fixed by the second half.

we ll continue to work. ... you see we corrected it very well with the 52-yarder (later in the game), brown said.

we are capable of doing it but we just have to do it every time.

darrin beene: 253-597-8656

darrin.beene@thenewstribune.com

wasn't stutz the same guy who was the falcs long snapper on that blocked punt in the superdome last year?

ok. first off, the snap in the superdome was fine, it had nothing to do with the blocked kick. gleason got in the backfield on a pretty neat stunt.

second stay the **** outta my thread!!!!