Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xapno

eqt or replica jerseys?

13 posts in this topic

i'm looking to get my first falcons jersey, but wanted to ask some of you folks more about the two types...

i know the differences between the two (replica: less expensive, but screen printed name/number, versus eqt: $25 more, but sewn on name/number)... and i've read that most people like the quality of the eqt jerseys.

based on that, i was thinking about getting an eqt until i went into falcons 365 the other day, and saw them up close.

i gotta say, the eqt jerseys seems kind of cheap and a bit ugly with fake double-stitching zig-zag lines drawn on. the main thing that kept me from buying one is that the numbers felt too stiff, and the material seemed to be made of plastic (why not cloth or some soft fabric?)

other than that, i did like the quality of the fabric of the eqt over the replicas.. but i ended up not buying either type of jersey. sad.gif

so now i'm more confused about what to get. if you own an eqt, do you think they feel comfortable? anyone like the replicas over the eqt? what are your opinions? hoping my questions will help some others looking to buy a jersey, as well...

if you don't like either save your money until you can buy an authentic jersey. from my personal experience the eqts are much better then the replicas.. even when washed with care the replica numbers fade and peel off over time and the eqts handle much more wear & tear under the same conditions. the eqts feel much nicer then the replica jerseys but if you're expecting an authentic quality feel it's just not there for either. the numbers are no more of an issue then a authentic jersey. it's completely a personal choice though... in my opinion $70+ for a replica jersey that isn't even up to the quality of a little league game jersey just isn't worth it to me and buying authentic jerseys can be a tough decision.. the eqts are a pretty good happy medium.

i'd wait for a sale and buy an authentic. you can get an authentic for around $170 with a 40% off sale. after buying my first authentic i haven't bought anything else since. i've not checked the quality of the numbers on the eqt's, but can say that the numbers are made out of a stiffer fabric on the authentics. honestly, i would check out an authentic. the quality is definately worth the upgrade in price when you see the quality of the material with how long they last. the first authentic i bought 4 years ago still looks brand new after at least 10 washings.

thanks for all the comments. it's helped a lot. i think i may reconsider the eqt.

i'd actually really like to get an authentic eventually, but the problem is that they're more expensive and i'm not really sure what player i'd want to risk spending that kind of money on. biggrin.gif in other words, i hate to get a younger player jersey, only to see him traded next year... or get a vet jersey and have him retire next year.

i'm kind of thinking about getting a norwood eqt.. hopefully he'll be around for a while. then again, a boley authentic would be cool and worth the money, assuming he gets resigned next year.

another question, though... if you own an authentic jersey, do you wear it to games?

i'm mainly looking for something to wear to games, which is why i wanted to go cheap. i'd really hate to spill a drink or drop a mustard smothered hotdog onto an expensive authentic jersey. (and i'm prone to food spills!)

I like the replica's.  By the time the numbers start peeling for me,  I'm ready to retire the jersey and get a new one,  so i might as well save the extra money.

I like the EQT. it's the quality of a Authentic for the most part. but it's affordable compared to the authentics. though I would love to get an Authentic Tuggle Jersey for my birthday next year.

I have replicas as far back as Chandler and the original Jamal. They are all in perfect condition. I always wear a t-shirt under them so to be quite honest after I get back from the game I just hang it up unless I got something on it. I do wash them after a couple of home games. The trick is I just take them straight out of the washer and hang them up. Sorry for the Martha Stewart moment but I don't really understand all the people walking around with peeled off numbers as I said some of mine are 10 years old.

phattywankenobi (2/1/2008)
I have replicas as far back as Chandler and the original Jamal. They are all in perfect condition. I always wear a t-shirt under them so to be quite honest after I get back from the game I just hang it up unless I got something on it. I do wash them after a couple of home games. The trick is I just take them straight out of the washer and hang them up. Sorry for the Martha Stewart moment but I don't really understand all the people walking around with peeled off numbers as I said some of mine are 10 years old.

he is exactly right if you take care of your replica jersey it is a great deal. if u dont really trust yourself i would go with the eqt. i have both kinds of jerseys, i simply like the replicas better. they just look a lot more appealing