riveting question for sec fans.

Demetrius Dew

if and this is a big if west virginia and mizzou lose this weekend and georgia and ohio state by default become # 2 and #1 respectively and have a chance to go to the national championship will you have different feelings about a team that didn't win their conference playing a national championship?

last year everyone's argument on this board, (afmb) why michigan didn't deserve to play for a national championship was because they didn't win their conference title and you should win your conference title to play for a national championship.

well georgia didn't even win sec east let alone the conference title. should the best 2 teams play (georgia vs ohio state) or should the 2 of the conference winners play (oklahoma vs ohio state)? huh.gifunsure.gifhuh.gifunsure.gifhuh.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if and this is a big if west virginia and mizzou lose this weekend and georgia and ohio state by default become # 2 and #1 respectively and have a chance to go to the national championship will you have different feelings about a team that didn't win their conference playing a national championship?

last year everyone's argument on this board, (afmb) why michigan didn't deserve to play for a national championship was because they didn't win their conference title and you should win your conference title to play for a national championship.

well georgia didn't even win sec east let alone the conference title. should the best 2 teams play (georgia vs ohio state) or should the 2 of the conference winners play (oklahoma vs ohio state)? huh.gifunsure.gifhuh.gifunsure.gifhuh.gif

while i feel if you don't win your conference you shouldn't go, i think the correct nc game would be uga vs osu.

while i feel if you don't win your conference you shouldn't go, i think the correct nc game would be uga vs osu.

actually that wasn't the argument last year.. what you want to make stuff up as you go along.. the argument last year was hey you guys already have your chance at beating ohio state and you didn't.. and you didn't have anything saying you should get another chance..

actually that wasn't the argument last year.. what you want to make stuff up as you go along.. the argument last year was hey you guys already have your chance at beating ohio state and you didn't.. and you didn't have anything saying you should get another chance..

if lsu beats tenn. then they would go. if not va tech would go ( if they win). i think the voters would make sure a team that didn't win their division let alone their conference could play for a national title

that is pure speculation period.. the only team that could assuredly jump over uga is vt.. i have seen bcs show after bcs show and heard bcs experts who have stated that the only team they feel can jump over uga regarding points is vt. you don't just put a team in the game, they have to earn it with the points, etc..

if lsu beats tenn. then they would go. if not va tech would go ( if they win). i think the voters would make sure a team that didn't win their division let alone their conference could play for a national title

that is pure speculation period.. the only team that could assuredly jump over uga is vt.. i have seen bcs show after bcs show and heard bcs experts who have stated that the only team they feel can jump over uga regarding points is vt. you don't just put a team in the game, they have to earn it with the points, etc..

so either the sec champ or the acc champ. so in that case the bcs rankings are worthless than because the #1 doesn't play the #2 right? unsure.gifunsure.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

so either the sec champ or the acc champ. so in that case the bcs rankings are worthless than because the #1 doesn't play the #2 right? unsure.gifunsure.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif