houston nutt resigned.....wow!!!

freakyfalcon

houston nutt, the second-longest tenured football coach in the southeastern conference, will not be back at arkansas next season, sources told espn.com on monday.

university officials will make the announcement at a news conference scheduled for 7:30 p.m. et in fayetteville. the university would not comment on the nature of the announcement, other than to say nutt, chancellor john white and outgoing athletic director frank broyles will be on hand.

nutt, who led the razorbacks to two sec championship game appearances, will receive a settlement in the neighborhood of $3.5 million.

the razorbacks lost their first three southeastern conference games after a turmoil-filled offseason.

arkansas rebounded to finish the regular season 8-4 and knocked lsu out of the nation's no. 1 spot with a 50-48, triple-overtime victory over the tigers on friday.

two weeks ago, the university strongly denied reports that this would be nutt's last season as arkansas' coach. on sunday, nutt said white and broyles wanted him to return, but he said more talks with the university were forthcoming.

information from espn.com's chris low, espn's joe schad and the associated press was used in this report.

who cares, houston nutt isn't exactly a prize pig anyways.

i mean how do you get involved in a controversy with a news reporter, have a lot of the hardcore arkansas fanbase not even trust you, and force your top qb recruit ever to transfer after his freshman season?? how does that even happen??

dude just reeks of being a p.o.s. to me.

i mean how do you get involved in a controversy with a news reporter, have a lot of the hardcore arkansas fanbase not even trust you, and force your top qb recruit ever to transfer after his freshman season?? how does that even happen??

not to mention he can't win with the best backfield in the country.

not to mention he can't win with the best backfield in the country.

he did well where he was at

he did well where he was at