congrats to the dawgs for a great regular season. 10-2 with the youth.. awesome season.. 5th youngest team in the ncaa. #4 in the bcs.

SacFalcFan

list of sec champions/division winners

bonus time

georgia coach mark richt makes $2 million per year and could be due a little more. the seventh-year coach has or is close to hitting several bonuses in his contract.

richt has already earned an additional $25,000 by being co-champions in the sec east. richt could clear an additional $175,000 if everything goes well for georgia. if the bulldogs make it to the bcs bowl richt is due $50,000. if georgia has a top five bcs finish richt is due $25,000. if georgia wins the bcs or espn/usa today coaches' poll national title, richt is due a bonus of $100,000.

great job by this very young team. playing the best right now of any team. great regular season.

and congratulations to you, sac, for the longest thread title i have ever seen on the board.

seriously though, this has been a great year. alabama, florida, and auburn were some terrific games this year that i'll enjoy looking back on for some time. for a rather inexperienced team, it's been great, and this batch surely promises many more fun ones to come.

hail richt!

and congratulations to you, sac, for the longest thread title i have ever seen on the board.

seriously though, this has been a great year. alabama, florida, and auburn were some terrific games this year that i'll enjoy looking back on for some time. for a rather inexperienced team, it's been great, and this batch surely promises many more fun ones to come.

hail richt!

hail richt!

laugh.giflaugh.gif i had a lot to say.. tongue.gif

hail richt!

laugh.giflaugh.gif i had a lot to say.. tongue.gif

congratulations. the only downside is that now all the annoying uga that don't know what they're talking about, can't make great arguments, and are as flavor of the month as they come, will now come out of the woodworks and claim that they were lifelong uga fans. dry.gif

while i don't like uga, its nice to see fans that don't always have their heads permanently glued to their teams jock, and can make assumptions about other teams as well other than "we own you". very classy.

congratulations to uga. it will be interesting to see if they can repeat the same kind of production next year.

congratulations. the only downside is that now all the annoying uga that don't know what they're talking about, can't make great arguments, and are as flavor of the month as they come, will now come out of the woodworks and claim that they were lifelong uga fans. dry.gif

while i don't like uga, its nice to see fans that don't always have their heads permanently glued to their teams jock, and can make assumptions about other teams as well other than "we own you". very classy.

congratulations to uga. it will be interesting to see if they can repeat the same kind of production next year.

i hate say it but the georgia fans waaayyy more knowledgable than the gt fans....as a whole. iv talked to some gt fans that really thought you guys should have been top 10 when you beat nd and samford.

i hate say it but the georgia fans waaayyy more knowledgable than the gt fans....as a whole. iv talked to some gt fans that really thought you guys should have been top 10 when you beat nd and samford.

there are more uga fans in general. i personally havent met that many tech fans that are completely ********, but then again, its impossible to talk to everyone. i have met quite a few people that go to tech and will cheer for them at the game but other than that, they know nothing about football, even concerning their own team. the main reason for this i would think would be the cultural differences from a lot of the foreign exchange students that come to tech as well as football not being a major priority for most of the kids that choose tech.

having said that, i have met several uga "fans" that claim to know everything about uga but when i start talking to them about it, they get flustered and either go back to the popular come backs 7 straight, sec, etc, or just claim that they're too drunk to know for sure whether im right or not.

if i had to generalize and classify each fan base i would say that gt fans are bitter, belligerent (both due to the ratio at tech and the lackluster performances of their football team), blame everyone else for a loss, but they generally avoid rash claims, with the exception of the beginning of the year when everyone is excited and does the same.

uga fans i would say, in general, are more of one trick ponies and have maybe a few solid comebacks which everyone else and their dead grandmother uses. there is a percentage that are very knowledgable and are not completely irrational (i.e. sac), but than the great majority are one-minded homers that think their team is the best team every year and every team that gets beat by them is "blown out". they can only see their own team through their own rose covered glasses and most of the time, have no idea what they're talking about. this percentage of the uga fanbase is the main reason why tech fans hate uga. heckling is fine, but someone heckling that can only say one thing and refuses to consider another point of view, that sir is just ********.

there are more uga fans in general. i personally havent met that many tech fans that are completely ********, but then again, its impossible to talk to everyone. i have met quite a few people that go to tech and will cheer for them at the game but other than that, they know nothing about football, even concerning their own team. the main reason for this i would think would be the cultural differences from a lot of the foreign exchange students that come to tech as well as football not being a major priority for most of the kids that choose tech.

having said that, i have met several uga "fans" that claim to know everything about uga but when i start talking to them about it, they get flustered and either go back to the popular come backs 7 straight, sec, etc, or just claim that they're too drunk to know for sure whether im right or not.

if i had to generalize and classify each fan base i would say that gt fans are bitter, belligerent (both due to the ratio at tech and the lackluster performances of their football team), blame everyone else for a loss, but they generally avoid rash claims, with the exception of the beginning of the year when everyone is excited and does the same.

uga fans i would say, in general, are more of one trick ponies and have maybe a few solid comebacks which everyone else and their dead grandmother uses. there is a percentage that are very knowledgable and are not completely irrational (i.e. sac), but than the great majority are one-minded homers that think their team is the best team every year and every team that gets beat by them is "blown out". they can only see their own team through their own rose covered glasses and most of the time, have no idea what they're talking about. this percentage of the uga fanbase is the main reason why tech fans hate uga. heckling is fine, but someone heckling that can only say one thing and refuses to consider another point of view, that sir is just ********.