early thoughts on the seccg?

jdu00743

here are my preliminary thoughts...

after watching the lsu game on friday, i believed that whoever represented the east (uga or ut) would beat lsu for a few reasons:

1) lsu has tons of injuries

2) 3 ot game against a very physical team means if you aren't injured you are very "beat up"

3) emotional drop off of a chance at the national championship game

4) coaching rumors

5) the fact les miles is a very average sec coach

a lot of things working against them.

however, after ut's 4 ot game today, #2 is obviously nullified.

call me a homer or whatever, but i still believe tennessee should win this game.

lsu is more talented, but ut is much better coached and lsu is really struggling with all their injuries in very key spots (dorsey and doucet come to mind).

tennessee is riding a big wave of momentum and lsu does not have much at all.

a week ago if you told me it was going to be tenn-lsu in the seccg, i would have predicted lsu to win by about 14 points...however, now the situation has changed big time.

no nc game to play for, and the rumor mill is heating up.

way, way, way too early prediction for saturday:

tennessee- 27

lsu- 24

however, i believe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

completely up in the air on this one. it might be a close game. but i wouldnt be shocked if either team ran away. lsu is horribly coached and are coming off a letdown and major disappointment.

tenn is just weird. it's tough to know how good they are.

i'm picking tenn by 10.

btfriggingw, jdu. remember how a week ago you were calling me stupid because i didnt believe lsu was a clear favorite in the sec? how wrong was i? i'm ######ed that we dont have the chance to blow them out.

good luck on that game though.

completely up in the air on this one. it might be a close game. but i wouldnt be shocked if either team ran away. lsu is horribly coached and are coming off a letdown and major disappointment.

i'm picking tenn by 10.

btfriggingw, jdu. remember how a week ago you were calling me stupid because i didnt believe lsu was a clear favorite in the sec? how wrong was i? i'm ######ed that we dont have the chance to blow them out.

i'm picking tenn by 10.

well, you were right man, i was wrong.

the tide certainly has changed.

i'm picking tenn by 10.

well, you were right man, i was wrong.

the tide certainly has changed.

tennessee's best bet is to drag the game out, keep fighting until lsu goes down, it's gonna be a great game.

tenn.'s best bet is to depend on that ol to win the game for them.

right now i don't think the game will be that close. i think either lsu will come out really fired up to at least win the sec championship game, or they will come out and "go through the motions" and tenn. will beat them by double digits. i may change my opinion later this week, but right now i don't think the game is going to come down to the last possession.

tennessee's best bet is to drag the game out, keep fighting until lsu goes down, it's gonna be a great game.

right now i don't think the game will be that close. i think either lsu will come out really fired up to at least win the sec championship game, or they will come out and "go through the motions" and tenn. will beat them by double digits. i may change my opinion later this week, but right now i don't think the game is going to come down to the last possession.

tennessee, having escaped the clutches of vanderbilt in knoxville, and just barely salvaging the kentucky game in lexington, will see their good fortunes run out against a seriously pizzed lsu team hungry for the home field sugar bowl. they're going to come out swinging in the dome, and ainge is going to get hit a lot.

tennessee, having escaped the clutches of vanderbilt in knoxville, and just barely salvaging the kentucky game in lexington, will see their good fortunes run out against a seriously pizzed lsu team hungry for the home field sugar bowl. they're going to come out swinging in the dome, and ainge is going to get hit a lot.

yeah. these sec games seem to look like good games, and then completely get out of hand in like a 5 minute time span.

i just like tenn in this one for some reason. mainly because i havent been impressed by lsu at all this year.

yeah. these sec games seem to look like good games, and then completely get out of hand in like a 5 minute time span.

i just like tenn in this one for some reason. mainly because i havent been impressed by lsu at all this year.

i just can't believe it will happening this way. tennessee won the east, but they did it with a pass defense that can get anyone hot, woodson had gone into today's game ice cold by his standards, and he was burning hot by the end. lsu does not have as good an offense as kentucky, but i doubt tennessee is going to just throw up 24 points in a half while lsu's defense rolls over. though i can see it falling one way or the other, with the way they are both coming into this game i just don't see this one ending without something really bat###### happening.

i just can't believe it will happening this way. tennessee won the east, but they did it with a pass defense that can get anyone hot, woodson had gone into today's game ice cold by his standards, and he was burning hot by the end. lsu does not have as good an offense as kentucky, but i doubt tennessee is going to just throw up 24 points in a half while lsu's defense rolls over. though i can see it falling one way or the other, with the way they are both coming into this game i just don't see this one ending without something really bat###### happening.

why do you say that??

tennessee has given up 3 sacks the entire season...only one in sec play.

our ol is playing great.

as much as i would like to se lsu go down , it is not gonna happen..

lsu in a blow out!! wink.gif

why do you say that??

tennessee has given up 3 sacks the entire season...only one in sec play.

our ol is playing great.

as much as i would like to se lsu go down , it is not gonna happen..

lsu in a blow out!! wink.gif

i do see tennessee taking this one. you can say that tennessee comes in after barely beating vandy and kentucky, but kentucky with a hot offense can beat anyone, lsu included, and tennessee just took it in the end. it just seems like tennessee can survive the emotional beating that comes with playing in such a big game, while lsu is fragile and looking for answers. there is no better chance for tennessee to take the sec than this next game.

i do see tennessee taking this one. you can say that tennessee comes in after barely beating vandy and kentucky, but kentucky with a hot offense can beat anyone, lsu included, and tennessee just took it in the end. it just seems like tennessee can survive the emotional beating that comes with playing in such a big game, while lsu is fragile and looking for answers. there is no better chance for tennessee to take the sec than this next game.

maybe lsu just isn't as good as everyone, including myself, thought they were going to be. even as tough as the sec is i honestly thought that lsu would be able to blow out several of the other sec teams they faced. but it never materialized for any real amount of time. i think lsu has pretty well stamped themselves as underperformers this season.

maybe lsu just isn't as good as everyone, including myself, thought they were going to be. even as tough as the sec is i honestly thought that lsu would be able to blow out several of the other sec teams they faced. but it never materialized for any real amount of time. i think lsu has pretty well stamped themselves as underperformers this season.