sad news from alabama

chaddawg77

6 dead in wreck involving ex-athlete

dothan, ala. a van driven by former university of alabama football star siran stacy was struck by a pickup at an intersection and six people were killed, including stacy's wife and four of his children, state troopers said tuesday.

the driver of the second vehicle also was killed, said dorris teague, a spokeswoman for the state troopers.

(enlarge photo)

officials look through the wreckage of a crash near dothan, ala., monday night nov. 19, 2007. a van driven by former university of alabama football star siran stacy was struck by a pickup truck at an intersection, killing six people, including stacy's wife and four of his children, state toopers said tuesday. dorris teague, a spokeswoman for state troopers in montgomery, said the driver of the pickup truck also was killed and stacy and his 3-year-old daughter were injured. (ap photo/the eagle, max oden)

stacy, 39, a star running back for alabama during 1989-91, was listed in stable condition in surgical intensive care at flowers hospital in dothan. he was the first pick of the philadelphia eagles in the 1992 draft, but never carried the ball in the nfl.

state trooper sgt. tracy nelson said the pickup was on the wrong side of the road when it struck stacy's van on the passenger side late monday at an intersection on u.s. 84 about six miles west of dothan.

"he hit them broadside, t-boned them at the intersection there," said houston county coroner robert byrd.

"i've never had anything like that in my life and i've been doing this for 20 years," byrd said. "the truck that hit the car was on the passenger side and the impact was substantial."

stacy's 3-year-old daughter, shelly, was taken to children's hospital in birmingham, which did not release her condition.

byrd identified the victims as stacy's wife, ellen stacy, 36; children lequisa, 18, bronson, 10, sidney, 8, and ellie, 2, all of newton in southeast alabama; and pickup driver adam w. wayman, 29, of dothan.

___

november 20, 2007 - 11:51 a.m. copyright 2007, the associated press. the information contained in the ap online news report may not be published, broadcast or redistributed without the prior written authority of the associated press.

dothan, ala. a van driven by former university of alabama football star siran stacy was struck by a pickup at an intersection and six people were killed, including stacy's wife and four of his children sad.gif, state troopers said tuesday.

112007_crash.jpg

the driver of the second vehicle also was killed, said dorris teague, a spokeswoman for the state troopers.

stacy, 39, a star running back for alabama during 1989-91, was listed in stable condition in surgical intensive care at flowers hospital in dothan. he was the first pick of the philadelphia eagles in the 1992 draft, but never carried the ball in the nfl.

state trooper sgt. tracy nelson said the pickup was on the wrong side of the road when it struck stacy's van on the passenger side late monday at an intersection on u.s. 84 about six miles west of dothan.

"he hit them broadside, t-boned them at the intersection there," said houston county coroner robert byrd.

"i've never had anything like that in my life and i've been doing this for 20 years," byrd said. "the truck that hit the car was on the passenger side and the impact was substantial."

stacy's 3-year-old daughter, shelly, was taken to children's hospital in birmingham, which did not release her condition.

byrd identified the victims as stacy's wife, ellen stacy, 36; children lequisa, 18, bronson, 10, sidney, 8, and ellie, 2, all of newton in southeast alabama; and pickup driver adam w. wayman, 29, of dothan.

link

dothan, ala. a van driven by former university of alabama football star siran stacy was struck by a pickup at an intersection and six people were killed, including stacy's wife and four of his children sad.gif, state troopers said tuesday.

112007_crash.jpg

link

it's just not fair...so many bad people in the world, that still continue to draw breath, and then you read something like this...a family man, his wife, and his children, lives taken and survivors devestated...there's no rhyme or reason...it's simply more evidence that fate and the powers that be, don't play favorites...my heart goes out to him and his surviving family, as well as the family of the other driver...fault is up to other people to sort out, and in the end, it won't solve anything...both families are hurting... blink.gif

it's just not fair...so many bad people in the world, that still continue to draw breath, and then you read something like this...a family man, his wife, and his children, lives taken and survivors devestated...there's no rhyme or reason...it's simply more evidence that fate and the powers that be, don't play favorites...my heart goes out to him and his surviving family, as well as the family of the other driver...fault is up to other people to sort out, and in the end, it won't solve anything...both families are hurting... blink.gif

dabutracing007

bamaonline.com

post #1500

hazel green, al

myfanpage

add buddy

re: awful, prayers lifted * reply

thanks guys. he is definately gonna need help. hearing rumors now that the last child has passed away at the hospital.

posted on 11/20 11:31 am | ip: logged

sad.gif

i heard that she died as well, but i have not seen anyrthing that confirms that. when i heard this yesterday i couldn't beleive that he lost his entire family. i pray that he and his daugther can survive the crash and then having to deal with the loss they suffered.

siran stacy and shelly stacy, 4, survived the crash. shelly was taken to flowers hospital after the crash, and later airlifted to children's hospital in birmingham. she was listed in serious condition tuesday morning, but family members requested her condition not be released tuesday evening. siran stacy was at flowers hospital in guarded condition tuesday evening.

why is he in guarded condition?

dabutracing007

bamaonline.com

post #1500

hazel green, al

myfanpage

add buddy

re: awful, prayers lifted * reply

thanks guys. he is definately gonna need help. hearing rumors now that the last child has passed away at the hospital.

posted on 11/20 11:31 am | ip: logged

sad.gif

i heard that she died as well, but i have not seen anyrthing that confirms that. when i heard this yesterday i couldn't beleive that he lost his entire family. i pray that he and his daugther can survive the crash and then having to deal with the loss they suffered.

siran stacy and shelly stacy, 4, survived the crash. shelly was taken to flowers hospital after the crash, and later airlifted to children's hospital in birmingham. she was listed in serious condition tuesday morning, but family members requested her condition not be released tuesday evening. siran stacy was at flowers hospital in guarded condition tuesday evening.

why is he in guarded condition?