no worries georgia tech fans, you will make the emerald bowl.. glad to see that they will take you guys again..

SacFalcFan

emerald bowl seems most likely for jackets

by mike knobler

the atlanta journal-constitution

published on: 11/19/07 florida state's victory over maryland on saturday might be bad news for georgia tech's hopes of playing in a bowl east of the mississippi river. boston college doesn't bring lots of fans but could bring a heisman finalist in matt ryan to the georgia dome for the chick-fil-a bowl. here's a best guess at who goes where in the acc, with the caveat that a lot can change in the next two weeks:

" orange: virginia tech if it wins the acc championship game

" chick-fil-a: boston college with 10 wins if it beats reeling miami

" gator: clemson is attractive if it beats south carolina

" champs sports: virginia visits disney world if it loses to the hokies

" meineke car care: wake forest would be an eight-win, in-state team for charlotte

" music city: florida state and bobby bowden at 7-5 sell tickets in nashville

" emerald: georgia tech, barring an upset of georgia, goes to san francisco

" humanitarian: n.c. state or maryland; winner of their game saturday

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we get the music city bowl, which is all i can hope for after this season (except, of course, a victory against u(sic)ga), then i would be able to go.

it would be a lot better than the emerald bowl.. especially for you guys to travel there. a 7-5 year isn't bad at all especially considering you were replacing calvin johnson. it's obvious bennett isn't the answer..nesbitt will be.. he scares me for the future.. very talented kid along with dwyer..

i think we get the music city bowl, which is all i can hope for after this season (except, of course, a victory against u(sic)ga), then i would be able to go.

it would be a lot better than the emerald bowl.. especially for you guys to travel there. a 7-5 year isn't bad at all especially considering you were replacing calvin johnson. it's obvious bennett isn't the answer..nesbitt will be.. he scares me for the future.. very talented kid along with dwyer..