dogs' bowl scenarios hinge on games to come..

SacFalcFan

dogs' bowl scenarios hinge on games to come

by carter strickland

the atlanta journal-constitution

published on: 11/19/07 there is still chance hold your breath for things to get really confusing. that's right, it is not enough that 11 top-10 teams have lost to unranked teams this year. that's a record, by the way. but now everybody has to figure out where to put all this parity. and there are two weeks and several big games left tennessee at kentucky, anyone? for now here is an sec bowl scenario that is about as clear as a les miles' game plan. assumptions have been made, logic has been thrown out the window, and gut instinct has mostly been relied upon.

" bcs title game: lsu vs. west virginia. only les miles can stop them now.

" sugar bowl: georgia vs. texas. georgia beats tech for the seventh consecutive time. tennessee beats kentucky for the 23rd straight time. hawaii loses to boise state and washington. georgia moves up. texas moves up. they match up if the orange takes kansas.

" capital one bowl: florida vs. illinois. the zooker is back, and this time he has got some juice (williams).

" cotton bowl: tennessee vs. missouri. vols and tigers flip-flop from last year to keep fans interested now that all the fulmer-to-be-fired talk has died down.

" outback bowl: auburn vs. wisconsin. tommy tuberville gets ready to trade one 12th man, bobby lowder, for another, texas a&m fans.

" chick-fil-a bowl: kentucky vs. boston college. two former heisman hopefuls and maybe the top two quarterbacks taken in the 2008 nfl draft, matt ryan and andre' woodson, meet.

" music city bowl: alabama vs. wake forest. the payout does not come close to covering nick saban's salary. the payoff for 'bama fans is equally unsatisfying.

" liberty bowl: arkansas vs. central florida. text me when it is over; i'm not in donna bragg's favorite five.

" independence bowl: mississippi state vs. oklahoma state. mike gundy might be "a man," but his puppeteer, t. boone pickens, isn't going to be too happy that his $200 million plus investment has made it to shreveport twice in two years.

" south carolina: the gamecocks should be going somewhere, maybe fort worth and the armed forces bowl, but that's a long fall from where steve spurrier thought they might be.

" vanderbilt: one kick. one 49-yard field goal made and the drought would be broken.

laugh.giflaugh.gif i know i don't think it happens, but nothing is impossible unless say you are a south carolina fan and winning the sec.. tongue.gif sorry mvick i had to..

oh dear god, you didn't have to do that! 15 yard penalty for "piling on". ****, a team goes on 1 four game losing streak and suddenly they suck. laugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif i know i don't think it happens, but nothing is impossible unless say you are a south carolina fan and winning the sec.. tongue.gif sorry mvick i had to..

oh dear god, you didn't have to do that! 15 yard penalty for "piling on". ****, a team goes on 1 four game losing streak and suddenly they suck. laugh.gif