the best team may not win the sec east !!!

falcon_mania77

without a playoff system we have these issues every year., not this year it is going to directly affect the georgia bulldogs. they had a off week against tenneesee and now they have to watch a lesser team walk away with the division while they know they are better and will finish the season ranked higher then the vols anyway...........

granted if tennessee loses against kentucky next week, georgia claims its rightful prize but that is a big if given kentucky's history.

i wish the sec had its own playoff system or else do away with the divisions and just allow the two teams with the best record overall to advance to the championship game, georgia needs another shot at tenneesee this year !!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without a playoff system we have these issues every year., not this year it is going to directly affect the georgia bulldogs. they had a off week against tenneesee and now they have to watch a lesser team walk away with the division while they know they are better and will finish the season ranked higher then the vols anyway...........

granted if tennessee loses against kentucky next week, georgia claims its rightful prize but that is a big if given kentucky's history.

i wish the sec had its own playoff system or else do away with the divisions and just allow the two teams with the best record overall to advance to the championship game, georgia needs another shot at tenneesee this year !!!!!!!!!!

i believe that if they played each other again right now georgia would beat tennessee.

it's time for the wildcats to get back on track and handle the vols for us uga fans.

i want to see georgia and lsu. i think that would be a much more entertaining game than lsu-tennessee.

i believe that if they played each other again right now georgia would beat tennessee.

it's time for the wildcats to get back on track and handle the vols for us uga fans.

i want to see georgia and lsu. i think that would be a much more entertaining game than lsu-tennessee.

if you lose two games in conference to the teams they lost to you really don't have a complaint. yes georgia is the better team right now, but guess what? all the games count.

not disputing that at all...i was just stating my personal preference for an sec championship game. if tennessee beats kentucky next week i think lsu steamrolls the vols the following week... wink.gif

if you lose two games in conference to the teams they lost to you really don't have a complaint. yes georgia is the better team right now, but guess what? all the games count.

not disputing that at all...i was just stating my personal preference for an sec championship game. if tennessee beats kentucky next week i think lsu steamrolls the vols the following week... wink.gif

no in college all the games do not count, georgia has a overall better record then tennessee but because of the 0-1 against tennessee in the conf play, georgia loses the conf tie breaker which is unfair and shows you that non- conf games do not count as far as the sec is concerned.

now if georgia beats ga-tech which i think they will, they will be in postion for a top 5 finish if they also win the bowl game. but tennessee will walk away with the east division will a win against the wildcats next week but finish way below georgia in the bcs poll !!!

all of this shows the we need a playoff system !!!!

no in college all the games do not count, georgia has a overall better record then tennessee but because of the 0-1 against tennessee in the conf play, georgia loses the conf tie breaker which is unfair and shows you that non- conf games do not count as far as the sec is concerned.

now if georgia beats ga-tech which i think they will, they will be in postion for a top 5 finish if they also win the bowl game. but tennessee will walk away with the east division will a win against the wildcats next week but finish way below georgia in the bcs poll !!!

all of this shows the we need a playoff system !!!!

and you dont think lsu would steamroll uga? i believe lsu is way better than any team in the sec and your probable nt winner wink.gif

and you dont think lsu would steamroll uga? i believe lsu is way better than any team in the sec and your probable nt winner wink.gif

and you dont think lsu would steamroll uga?

nope, i don't. not saying that georgia would beat lsu, but i believe that georgia would play them a helluva lot tougher than tennessee would....if for no other reason than i believe richt is a much better big game/road coach than fulmer is or ever will be.

and you dont think lsu would steamroll uga?

nope, i don't. not saying that georgia would beat lsu, but i believe that georgia would play them a helluva lot tougher than tennessee would....if for no other reason than i believe richt is a much better big game/road coach than fulmer is or ever will be.

personally, i think if lsu plays ugag in atl, they steamroll the dawgs...and if ugag had a 2nd shot against us, they'd still lose...they weren't missing any significant pieces to their team, that they suddenly have now...they had stafford, moreno, brown, the same wrs, and the same oline...and what happened? they lost...**** no, they didn't lose...they got their tails kicked all the way back to athens...this is the same bs crying that ugag did last year when they got pasted by the vols in athens...face it...the better team won both games. if the vols finish the season with a win next week in lexington, than make no mistake, we deserve to be in atl to face lsu. if we get beat, than it's clear that we don't deserve to be there...but regardless, our deserving or not deserving will be based on our entire body of work this season, not whether or not we tripped in one particular week...

and for the record, if ugag can benefit and improve from the experience gained by playing the last half of this season, than the same thing can be said for a young, inexperienced vols team. so, i see no reason why the result would be any different. but hey, if helps you sleep at night to whine and what if, then knock yourselves out... smile.gif

personally, i think if lsu plays ugag in atl, they steamroll the dawgs...and if ugag had a 2nd shot against us, they'd still lose...they weren't missing any significant pieces to their team, that they suddenly have now...they had stafford, moreno, brown, the same wrs, and the same oline...and what happened? they lost...**** no, they didn't lose...they got their tails kicked all the way back to athens...this is the same bs crying that ugag did last year when they got pasted by the vols in athens...face it...the better team won both games. if the vols finish the season with a win next week in lexington, than make no mistake, we deserve to be in atl to face lsu. if we get beat, than it's clear that we don't deserve to be there...but regardless, our deserving or not deserving will be based on our entire body of work this season, not whether or not we tripped in one particular week...

and for the record, if ugag can benefit and improve from the experience gained by playing the last half of this season, than the same thing can be said for a young, inexperienced vols team. so, i see no reason why the result would be any different. but hey, if helps you sleep at night to whine and what if, then knock yourselves out... smile.gif

you really are a homer....rightful prize goes to who wins...and we, we being georgia, did not beat tennessee. it is our own fault. we may be the better team, but the only chance we had to show it ended in a loss for us. so it should be said that tennessee is the better team.

you really are a homer....rightful prize goes to who wins...and we, we being georgia, did not beat tennessee. it is our own fault. we may be the better team, but the only chance we had to show it ended in a loss for us. so it should be said that tennessee is the better team.

really?? how many sec titles does richt have? how many has he played for? how many national championships does he have? how many times has he beaten the gators?

i'm not saying that richt is horrible...just the opposite...i think he's a great hc...i just don't agree that he's any better than phil fulmer... smile.gif

really?? how many sec titles does richt have? how many has he played for? how many national championships does he have? how many times has he beaten the gators?

i'm not saying that richt is horrible...just the opposite...i think he's a great hc...i just don't agree that he's any better than phil fulmer... smile.gif

that, and it would basically be a homegame for uga. the dawgs could very well beat lsu if they got the chance.

that, and it would basically be a homegame for uga. the dawgs could very well beat lsu if they got the chance.

yeah...tell me how that "homegame" advantage worked out for ugag the last time they played in the dome?? in case you don't remember, that would be the 2006 sugar bowl against west virginia...they had to relocate the game from new orleans because of katrina...and that was against a non-sec team, in a game that clearly was dominated by ugag fans... laugh.gifwink.gif

yeah...tell me how that "homegame" advantage worked out for ugag the last time they played in the dome?? in case you don't remember, that would be the 2006 sugar bowl against west virginia...they had to relocate the game from new orleans because of katrina...and that was against a non-sec team, in a game that clearly was dominated by ugag fans... laugh.gifwink.gif