herbstreit on ohio state/michagan

maximusfalconus

did anyone just see sportscenter when good ole kirk got so ######ed that their poll said that mich/ohio state was not the biggest rivalry? i believe it said 73% said it wasn't. kirk says the nation needs to wake up. laugh.gif sounds like he might be the one that needs to open his eyes. can't find the link, still looking. i realize i spelled michigan wrong in the title... sorry!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure someone could mention uga/fla, but i still think osu/mich. is the biggest rivalry in the country.

i thought of uga/uf... but honestly, who outside of the sec really pays attention to that game? it happens too early in the season to have anywhere near the importance that osu/um always has. last year the game was practically to decide who would go to the national championship game... and that's not the only time the game has held such importance.

i'm sure someone could mention uga/fla, but i still think osu/mich. is the biggest rivalry in the country.

i thought of uga/uf... but honestly, who outside of the sec really pays attention to that game? it happens too early in the season to have anywhere near the importance that osu/um always has. last year the game was practically to decide who would go to the national championship game... and that's not the only time the game has held such importance.

alabama auburn, no question.

that's a great rivalry, but when is the last time it decided the sec champ or who would be represented in the national championship? i mean, don't get me wrong... bama/auburn is a great rivalry, but it doesn't hold nearly the same weight as osu/um.

alabama auburn, no question.

that's a great rivalry, but when is the last time it decided the sec champ or who would be represented in the national championship? i mean, don't get me wrong... bama/auburn is a great rivalry, but it doesn't hold nearly the same weight as osu/um.

would osu/um mean as much if they had a conference championship? in my opinion, no.

would osu/um mean as much if they had a conference championship? in my opinion, no.

the whole "greatest rivalry" debate is rather subjective and hard to ascertain. rivalries in college football are regional and you'd be hard pressed to find someone in the south that says michigan-ohio state is the best rivalry. 99.99% of alabama, georga, florida, south carolina, etc. would say otherwise, and so would the rest of the country outside of the midwest.

the whole "greatest rivalry" debate is rather subjective and hard to ascertain. rivalries in college football are regional and you'd be hard pressed to find someone in the south that says michigan-ohio state is the best rivalry. 99.99% of alabama, georga, florida, south carolina, etc. would say otherwise, and so would the rest of the country outside of the midwest.

osu/um pretty much is the conference championship game every year... blink.gif

a lot of rivalries are regional, but osu/um stretches beyond just big 10 attention because of the implications that are always part of it. the loser of the game last year still made the rose bowl. this year, that's pretty much what they are playing for... to go to the rose bowl and likely play usc or arizona state. osu and um are historically dominant teams... and they are always ranked high when they play.

texas/oklahoma is another big one... 9 times out of 10 it determines the winner of the big 12.

osu/um pretty much is the conference championship game every year... blink.gif

a lot of rivalries are regional, but osu/um stretches beyond just big 10 attention because of the implications that are always part of it. the loser of the game last year still made the rose bowl. this year, that's pretty much what they are playing for... to go to the rose bowl and likely play usc or arizona state. osu and um are historically dominant teams... and they are always ranked high when they play.

texas/oklahoma is another big one... 9 times out of 10 it determines the winner of the big 12.