ron zook and illinois

Carter

ron zook has been noted as an awesome recruiter and a not so great coach... and illinois has turned around since he has taken over there. is this more evidence of how weak the big 10 is when a not so great coach can go to the big 10, bring in really good talent, and start winning?

i mean 3 of the winningest teams in college football are michigan, ohio state, and the big-10-team-in-denial notre dame. huh.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ron zook has been noted as an awesome recruiter and a not so great coach... and illinois has turned around since he has taken over there. is this more evidence of how weak the big 10 is when a not so great coach can go to the big 10, bring in really good talent, and start winning?

i mean 3 of the winningest teams in college football are michigan, ohio state, and the big-10-team-in-denial notre dame. huh.gif

that makes no sense, les miles came in and won in the sec so did urban myer, nick saban. ron zook is not going to win the big ten this year, they are nowhere close to even being in the race for the big ten title. your statement makes no sense. dry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

that makes no sense, les miles came in and won in the sec so did urban myer, nick saban. ron zook is not going to win the big ten this year, they are nowhere close to even being in the race for the big ten title. your statement makes no sense. dry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

yes, those two coaches came in to situations where they probably have had the two most talented teams in the country since they've been here...neither is all that amazing of a coach.

zook has already built that illinois program up from the ground in only 3 years...it's hilarious how awful he was in the sec and how good he is now up there.

yes, those two coaches came in to situations where they probably have had the two most talented teams in the country since they've been here...neither is all that amazing of a coach.

zook has already built that illinois program up from the ground in only 3 years...it's hilarious how awful he was in the sec and how good he is now up there.

yea, because they have a great program, and they are using players from old coaches. ron zook sucked in the sec, but his illni team just beat the "best" team in the country. the big ten is just a big joke. sec is on top, and pac ten is second.

your argument is really weak, but if it makes you fill better, ok you win the sec is better.

yea, because they have a great program, and they are using players from old coaches. ron zook sucked in the sec, but his illni team just beat the "best" team in the country. the big ten is just a big joke. sec is on top, and pac ten is second.

your argument is really weak, but if it makes you fill better, ok you win the sec is better.

they need to ahead and get notre dame in there so all the hype can be justified at the end of the season. when it comes to deciding a national championship with bowl games, no conference should be able to have two undefeated teams.thats an unlikely scenario for any season, but the possibility peeves me when the sec gets snubbed on the national scene sometimes. i think once the other big conferences add enough teams for a conference championship, the bcs will have a better chance of being more accurate. just my opinion.

they need to ahead and get notre dame in there so all the hype can be justified at the end of the season. when it comes to deciding a national championship with bowl games, no conference should be able to have two undefeated teams.thats an unlikely scenario for any season, but the possibility peeves me when the sec gets snubbed on the national scene sometimes. i think once the other big conferences add enough teams for a conference championship, the bcs will have a better chance of being more accurate. just my opinion.

he was not that bad at florida he went 8-5 he just didn't finish strong. every sec fan on here says if you lose 2 games in the sec that is a good year not a great year that is what ron zook did. now you are saying he was terrible.

enter the stats:

8-5

6-2 conf

8-5

6-2 conf

7-5

4-4 conf

9-3

5-3 conf

he was not that bad at florida he went 8-5 he just didn't finish strong. every sec fan on here says if you lose 2 games in the sec that is a good year not a great year that is what ron zook did. now you are saying he was terrible.

enter the stats:

8-5

6-2 conf

8-5

6-2 conf

7-5

4-4 conf

9-3

5-3 conf

enter the stats:

8-5

6-2 conf

8-5

6-2 conf

7-5

4-4 conf

9-3

5-3 conf

ask any florida fan if 8-5 is acceptable there...not to mention the ridiculous amount of talent he had to fool around with while he was there...8-5 is awful with the team he had.

enter the stats:

8-5

6-2 conf

8-5

6-2 conf

7-5

4-4 conf

9-3

5-3 conf

ask any florida fan if 8-5 is acceptable there...not to mention the ridiculous amount of talent he had to fool around with while he was there...8-5 is awful with the team he had.

what college football fans must realize is at the end of the day it is about the almighty dollar, if the big ten or pac 10 were to add a championship game they would lose the possibility of sending two teams to a bcs game which pays out nicely just for showing up. say what you want about the big ten but our commish is a genius, since the inception of the bcs system we have total the must in money for our conference. that is why we don't have a championship game. and notre dame will not join a conference because they don't have to split there winning's with a conference they only have to win 8 games and be in the top 12 to make a bcs appearance. dry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

what college football fans must realize is at the end of the day it is about the almighty dollar, if the big ten or pac 10 were to add a championship game they would lose the possibility of sending two teams to a bcs game which pays out nicely just for showing up. say what you want about the big ten but our commish is a genius, since the inception of the bcs system we have total the must in money for our conference. that is why we don't have a championship game. and notre dame will not join a conference because they don't have to split there winning's with a conference they only have to win 8 games and be in the top 12 to make a bcs appearance. dry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

i am not saying 8-5 is acceptable, but by no means was he a terrible coach. he went 6-2 in the sec which according to most is not that easy to come by in the great sec right or wrong.

i am not saying 8-5 is acceptable, but by no means was he a terrible coach. he went 6-2 in the sec which according to most is not that easy to come by in the great sec right or wrong.

8-5 with as much talent as florida had those years definitely means he was a below average sec coach.

8-5 with as much talent as florida had those years definitely means he was a below average sec coach.

did any of this talent go on to become superstars in the nfl, i believe he coached sexy rexy right. just because they put 5 stars next your name doesn't make you great talent. no matter how many reporters and scouts ride your nuts. dry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

did any of this talent go on to become superstars in the nfl, i believe he coached sexy rexy right. just because they put 5 stars next your name doesn't make you great talent. no matter how many reporters and scouts ride your nuts. dry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

here are the current gators in the nfl...quite a few of those were there from 2002-2004.

http://www.gatorzone.com/insidefootball/?s...mp;page=nfl_now

here are the current gators in the nfl...quite a few of those were there from 2002-2004.

http://www.gatorzone.com/insidefootball/?s...mp;page=nfl_now

dd, i never knock a man for what team he pulls for. you like michigan and that's cool with me.

but when you come in and start saying the big 10(11) is = the sec, i can't help but laugh in your face. the big 10(11) is nowhere close to being in the same class as the sec. i repeat.....nowhere even close.

as a matter of fact, you're not second. or third. or even fourth. i put the big 10(11) somewhere after the sec, pac-10, big 12, and acc.

just keep rooting for um and leave the conference talk alone. no stat or score or anything else you pull out your azz can change the fact the big 10(11), as a whole, sucks. you're not a big dawg anymore. stay on the porch.

dd, i never knock a man for what team he pulls for. you like michigan and that's cool with me.

but when you come in and start saying the big 10(11) is = the sec, i can't help but laugh in your face. the big 10(11) is nowhere close to being in the same class as the sec. i repeat.....nowhere even close.

as a matter of fact, you're not second. or third. or even fourth. i put the big 10(11) somewhere after the sec, pac-10, big 12, and acc.

just keep rooting for um and leave the conference talk alone. no stat or score or anything else you pull out your azz can change the fact the big 10(11), as a whole, sucks. you're not a big dawg anymore. stay on the porch.