sec pecking order (week 11)

cwrulawdawg

east:

1. georgia - arguably the hottest team in the sec right now. knowshon moreno has rushed for over 100 yards in each of the last 4 games and has accounted for 8 touchdowns during the same time span.

2a. tennessee - held mcfadden and arkansas in check and cruised to a lopsided win. beat vandy at home and kentucky on the road and they face lsu in atlanta for the sec title.

2b. florida - spanked the ex-gator coach in columbia. tim tebow continues to light it up with his best offensive performance thusfar this year. he threw for over 300 yards and ran for 5 touchdowns. amazing.

4. kentucky - held on to beat vandy by a touchdown. the wildcat team we saw in the first half of the season isn't the same team we're seeing now. at least they're headed to a mid-tier bowl.

5. south carolina - at one point in the season, they were considered by many to be near the top the sec. now, they may be left out of the bowl picture if they don't finish the season with a win over clemson in a couple of weeks.

6. vanderbilt - at .500 and can become bowl eligible with a win over either tennessee or wake. i don't think they'll do it.

west:

1. lsu - there's a huge dropoff in the west after lsu. blew out louisiana tech 58-10. the only question remaining is who will they face in the sec championship game.

2. auburn - blacked out by georgia. cox was horrible and his receivers didn't help much. after scoring 17 unanswered points to take the lead early in the 3rd quarter, the auburn defense gave up 4 touchdowns to georgia.

3. mississippi state - not only did the bulldogs make themselves bowl eligible with their big win over bama, but it was sylvester croom's second win in a row against the tide.

4. alabama - sabanmania has fizzed out. saban can still redeem the season by beating auburn in the iron bowl, which the tigers have won for 5 straight years.

5. arkansas - mcfadden is almost certainly out of the heisman race now. but he can look forward to being a top 10 pick in the nfl draft.

6. ole miss - did not play. at least they didn't lose.

great list and i would also agree

judging by how things are now, i believe that if the sec champ were today lsu would dispatch tennessee but am not so sure about georgia. lsu vs. georgia is would obviously be the best matchup in the sec championship and with how inconsistant tennessee can be, is still feasible

judging by how things are now, i believe that if the sec champ were today lsu would dispatch tennessee but am not so sure about georgia. lsu vs. georgia is would obviously be the best matchup in the sec championship and with how inconsistant tennessee can be, is still feasible

its gonna be a weird ending in terms of bowl games i think. uga could win out and not play lsu, but possibly get an at large bcs bowl berth. if lsu wins out, they play for the sears trophy, but if ut shocks lsu then lsu would likely get the bcs at large bid.

the three big 12 teams in the top 5 will have to play each other in some fashion and will likely cancel each other out, unless kansas runs the table...in which case could leap over oregon to play for the title. talk about a strange season, eh?

its gonna be a weird ending in terms of bowl games i think. uga could win out and not play lsu, but possibly get an at large bcs bowl berth. if lsu wins out, they play for the sears trophy, but if ut shocks lsu then lsu would likely get the bcs at large bid.

the three big 12 teams in the top 5 will have to play each other in some fashion and will likely cancel each other out, unless kansas runs the table...in which case could leap over oregon to play for the title. talk about a strange season, eh?

i think tennessee at their best is not very much worse than lsu at their best...imo, tenn at their best is the #2 team in the sec...we can be a fantastic team...of course, inconsistency has plagued us, so who knows what will actually happen.

all this negative energy toward tennessee has just made us that much stronger...no one "circles the wagons" like phil...no one is able to use the "world against us" mentality to motivate his team better.

personally, i hope people keep worshiping uga, and i really hope lsu blows out arkansas so they are huge favorites if we make it to the seccg...i want everyone picking against us. smile.gif

i think tennessee at their best is not very much worse than lsu at their best...imo, tenn at their best is the #2 team in the sec...we can be a fantastic team...of course, inconsistency has plagued us, so who knows what will actually happen.

all this negative energy toward tennessee has just made us that much stronger...no one "circles the wagons" like phil...no one is able to use the "world against us" mentality to motivate his team better.

personally, i hope people keep worshiping uga, and i really hope lsu blows out arkansas so they are huge favorites if we make it to the seccg...i want everyone picking against us. smile.gif

me too and they will make money when you guys lose to lsu.. lsu will beat you guys down.. you guys are not the same team away from home as you are at home and even you admit that. and the negative energy around ut is there because ut doesn't show up for every game and has been blown out 3 times (the cal game you guys kept trying to play catchup the entire game).. you can be a fantastic team at home. you need to edit your post.. you haven't been anything but ordinary to bad away from home imo.

me too and they will make money when you guys lose to lsu.. lsu will beat you guys down.. you guys are not the same team away from home as you are at home and even you admit that. and the negative energy around ut is there because ut doesn't show up for every game and has been blown out 3 times (the cal game you guys kept trying to play catchup the entire game).. you can be a fantastic team at home. you need to edit your post.. you haven't been anything but ordinary to bad away from home imo.

that's the type of attitude that i hope gets put out there in the media if we make it to the seccg...keep the heat coming guys!

biggrin.gif

that's the type of attitude that i hope gets put out there in the media if we make it to the seccg...keep the heat coming guys!

biggrin.gif