steve spurrier calls out south carolina fans.. just pathetic..

SacFalcFan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while i completely agree with everything he said, i don't think he should have said it.

i was amazed how out of it the sc fans were all night. then again, losing 3 straight games (now 4) will do that to you. they didn't even get that loud when they went up 14-13, i was pretty shocked.

while i completely agree with everything he said, i don't think he should have said it.

i was amazed how out of it the sc fans were all night. then again, losing 3 straight games (now 4) will do that to you. they didn't even get that loud when they went up 14-13, i was pretty shocked.

it's funny, i went to usc and everytime i see a usc game on like last night i see them talking about "80,000 strong at williams-bryce!" and how intimidating it is and i think, "are they kidding me?" in all honesty the sc fans on here are more passionate about the team than any usc alumnus i've ever met. spurrier was welcomed with open arms because sc fans/students thought he might bring them a championship but to be frank when you have those kinds of fans is it really that shocking to see them bail as soon as the going gets tough? usc just isn't a football school. it isn't really a sports school at all to be honest.

usc is the little kid that follows the bully around agreeing with everything he says and holding the weaker kids down. they desperately want to be that bully but they'll never, ever get big enough to do so.

100% agree.

it sucks for people who really do love south carolina. it has to make their heart drop every time they read something like this, because they know that it's almost certainly true.

it's funny, i went to usc and everytime i see a usc game on like last night i see them talking about "80,000 strong at williams-bryce!" and how intimidating it is and i think, "are they kidding me?" in all honesty the sc fans on here are more passionate about the team than any usc alumnus i've ever met. spurrier was welcomed with open arms because sc fans/students thought he might bring them a championship but to be frank when you have those kinds of fans is it really that shocking to see them bail as soon as the going gets tough? usc just isn't a football school. it isn't really a sports school at all to be honest.

usc is the little kid that follows the bully around agreeing with everything he says and holding the weaker kids down. they desperately want to be that bully but they'll never, ever get big enough to do so.

100% agree.

it sucks for people who really do love south carolina. it has to make their heart drop every time they read something like this, because they know that it's almost certainly true.

sounds like frustration from spurrier. it's been a rough couple weeks so i can understand that. expectations were through the roof and we bombed out against two mediocre teams and got blown out in two others. how many of you have lived in columbia? it's pretty ignorant to say columbia isn't a football town... it's hard to criticize a fanbase that kept the stadium pretty full during a winless year.

sounds like frustration from spurrier. it's been a rough couple weeks so i can understand that. expectations were through the roof and we bombed out against two mediocre teams and got blown out in two others. how many of you have lived in columbia? it's pretty ignorant to say columbia isn't a football town... it's hard to criticize a fanbase that kept the stadium pretty full during a winless year.

well honestly this was the first carolina game i didnt get to watch in a while. i was at my bro's and he doesnt have espn, so i really didnt get to see the game to give any insight about that.

but we were out with some friends since we couldnt get tickets and we were at mcdonalds like on the other side of town. it wasnt to late and the traffic was already bad. we were listening to the game or whatever and seeing all these people leaving, when we were about 15-20 minutes away from the stadium. its just a shame that some people dont care when there are a lot of fans that would give anything to be in the stadium. i know its a process and spurrier is still changing the atmosphere, but if we can stick it out through a winless year, why cant we stick it out for a decent year. sure its no sec championship, but we better get ready for clemson. thats the one that really matters around here.

well honestly this was the first carolina game i didnt get to watch in a while. i was at my bro's and he doesnt have espn, so i really didnt get to see the game to give any insight about that.

but we were out with some friends since we couldnt get tickets and we were at mcdonalds like on the other side of town. it wasnt to late and the traffic was already bad. we were listening to the game or whatever and seeing all these people leaving, when we were about 15-20 minutes away from the stadium. its just a shame that some people dont care when there are a lot of fans that would give anything to be in the stadium. i know its a process and spurrier is still changing the atmosphere, but if we can stick it out through a winless year, why cant we stick it out for a decent year. sure its no sec championship, but we better get ready for clemson. thats the one that really matters around here.