could this be the look for saturday?

redswingline

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't count on the team wearing black jerseys on saturday...i talked to brian mimbs in class this morning and he said it wasn't gonna happen. he said the team orders six sets of jerseys at the beginning of each season: 3 red and 3 white. he said the players and coaches would love to order black jerseys to wear every once in a while but a lot of the alumni are pretty anal about the "tradition" of the same exact uniform every year...lame.

i think this blackout is gonna backfire on the team. everyone's gonna wear black and they'll be expecting the team to wear black. when they run out of the tunnel not wearing black on saturday, you might even hear an audible sigh of disappointment from the crowd instead of the crazy madness that we're gonna need to beat auburn!

i wouldn't count on the team wearing black jerseys on saturday...i talked to brian mimbs in class this morning and he said it wasn't gonna happen. he said the team orders six sets of jerseys at the beginning of each season: 3 red and 3 white. he said the players and coaches would love to order black jerseys to wear every once in a while but a lot of the alumni are pretty anal about the "tradition" of the same exact uniform every year...lame.

i think this blackout is gonna backfire on the team. everyone's gonna wear black and they'll be expecting the team to wear black. when they run out of the tunnel not wearing black on saturday, you might even hear an audible sigh of disappointment from the crowd instead of the crazy madness that we're gonna need to beat auburn!

your last point is ridiculous. if the fans are dissapointed over what the team is wearing then they ain't worth their salt.

the fans will have no direct impact on the game.

your last point is ridiculous. if the fans are dissapointed over what the team is wearing then they ain't worth their salt.

the fans will have no direct impact on the game.

nah. i think most people realize that the team's uniforms aren't really up to the players. or rather, the kids i talked to in class today didn't seem to be expecting black jerseys. the real question is this: will our alumni side participate? the red & black put it pretty well, that it's easy to get the students doing it, but to make it exceptionally cool, you've got to have the whole stadium.

nah. i think most people realize that the team's uniforms aren't really up to the players. or rather, the kids i talked to in class today didn't seem to be expecting black jerseys. the real question is this: will our alumni side participate? the red & black put it pretty well, that it's easy to get the students doing it, but to make it exceptionally cool, you've got to have the whole stadium.

i think the blackout won't have anything to do with the game at all and it won't backfire.. it's a nice way to send off the seniors in this big of a game. they wanted it and they should get it.

i think the blackout won't have anything to do with the game at all and it won't backfire.. it's a nice way to send off the seniors in this big of a game. they wanted it and they should get it.