sec honors moreno again.. 3 time sec freshman of the week..

SacFalcFan

sec honors moreno again

uga tailback named freshman of the week

by carter strickland

the atlanta journal-constitution

published on: 11/05/07 knowshon moreno has been named the southeastern conference freshman of the week for the third time this season. the 5-foot-11, 207-pound native of belford, n.j., had a career-high 196 rushing yards on 26 carries for three touchdowns during no. 10 georgia's 44-34 win over troy in athens saturday. in addition to averaging 7.5 yards per carry, moreno became only the 12th player in school history to have 1,000 yards rushing in a single season (he now has 1,003).

moreno's rushing total was the most for a bulldog since verron haynes recorded 207 yards against georgia tech in 2001. it was moreno's fourth career game going for more than 100 yards and his third in a row after racking up a combined 541 yards during georgia's three wins over vanderbilt, no. 9 florida and troy. moreno moved to the no. 2 spot on the school's all-time list for rushing yards for a freshman.

through nine games, moreno is third in the league and second best out of the nation's freshmen with an average of 111.4 yards per game. moreno had already been named the sec freshman of the week twice and the sec offensive player of the week once during the 2007 season.

i think he's a much better college back than pro player. he lacks elite speed and tacklebreaking abillity.....then again, so did walter peyton, so who knows? and only idiots challeng the nfl. moreno isn't an idiot. your going to have to deal with him, and the kid i actually think might be an even more explosive runner, caleb king. he's bigger and faster than knowshon, and similarly elusive...maybe more so.

i am very excited to see this uga offense next year. stafford will have that much more experience under him, sharing a backfield with moreno and king, o-line will be more experienced, etc.... i just hope massi has the breakout year i thought he'd have this season.

i think he's a much better college back than pro player. he lacks elite speed and tacklebreaking abillity.....then again, so did walter peyton, so who knows? and only idiots challeng the nfl. moreno isn't an idiot. your going to have to deal with him, and the kid i actually think might be an even more explosive runner, caleb king. he's bigger and faster than knowshon, and similarly elusive...maybe more so.

i am very excited to see this uga offense next year. stafford will have that much more experience under him, sharing a backfield with moreno and king, o-line will be more experienced, etc.... i just hope massi has the breakout year i thought he'd have this season.

the nfl thing was a joke...

at least y'all still don't have a qb or wrs... that offense would be scary with your backfield

the nfl thing was a joke...

at least y'all still don't have a qb or wrs... that offense would be scary with your backfield