what's with jim rome?

atlfan25

um, he's not the only one. and everybody knows that rome went to cal-santa barbara.

rome is a tool.

but he's god to cjc, just ask him. wink.gif

seriously though, rome is in the minority on this one, the vast majority of richt's peers have lauded the move as "genius" or "brilliant", only one, bobby johnson of vandy, has been totally against it. everyone else was either completely in favor of it or understands why he did it and support him from that standpoint.

um, he's not the only one. and everybody knows that rome went to cal-santa barbara.

rome is a tool.

seriously though, rome is in the minority on this one, the vast majority of richt's peers have lauded the move as "genius" or "brilliant", only one, bobby johnson of vandy, has been totally against it. everyone else was either completely in favor of it or understands why he did it and support him from that standpoint.

rome is a tool.

i think rich brooks was totally against it.

"all i can say is that's not something i would encourage my team to do. i just don't think it's right. i just don't think that's the right message i would want to send to my team."

and just out of curiosity, which coaches said it was brilliant or genius?

rome is a tool.

"all i can say is that's not something i would encourage my team to do. i just don't think it's right. i just don't think that's the right message i would want to send to my team."

rome is a tool.

rome is in the minority on most things.

skip bayless is in the minority on just about everything.

rome is a tool.

rome is in the minority on most things.

skip bayless is in the minority on just about everything.

quote from terry bowden taken from the ajc:

"i just wish i had thought of it first. i thought it was pure genius. it was a great mark richt move because nobody expected it. it was like calling a trick play that nobody would ever suspect. it was like daddy [bobby bowden] calling the 'puntrooskie' against clemson [in 1988].

here's another quote from another former auburn coach in pat dye:

"i thought the thing at florida was a stroke of genius for mark. watching him on the sideline in that game, he probably had more fun coaching that game than any game he has coached in his life. he has always been such a gentleman and he's had a lot of success doing it his way. it was certainly out of character for him but that is what made it such a great move."

quote from terry bowden taken from the ajc:

"i just wish i had thought of it first. i thought it was pure genius. it was a great mark richt move because nobody expected it. it was like calling a trick play that nobody would ever suspect. it was like daddy [bobby bowden] calling the 'puntrooskie' against clemson [in 1988].

here's another quote from another former auburn coach in pat dye:

"i thought the thing at florida was a stroke of genius for mark. watching him on the sideline in that game, he probably had more fun coaching that game than any game he has coached in his life. he has always been such a gentleman and he's had a lot of success doing it his way. it was certainly out of character for him but that is what made it such a great move."

why don't you read all the threads about this.. there are about 4 of them and some great articles about it.. i posted coach after coach who thought it was brilliant and a great way to motivate the team.. we have seen guys who actually play the game laud it as well and per fans on espn who voted on it, 88% said they loved it and it was a great thing.. so as pit said he is in the minority on this subject..

just one of many threads on this on the front page alone

why don't you read all the threads about this.. there are about 4 of them and some great articles about it.. i posted coach after coach who thought it was brilliant and a great way to motivate the team.. we have seen guys who actually play the game laud it as well and per fans on espn who voted on it, 88% said they loved it and it was a great thing.. so as pit said he is in the minority on this subject..

just one of many threads on this on the front page alone

why is he the only person who doesn't like the georgia celebration? is he a florida alum or something?

yeah that was weird to me... he totally ripped uga and mark richt saying stuff like "it could have caused a brawl that would have made miami-fiu look like a romp on the playground"... what a jerk off. nobody threw anything resembling a punch or even a nasty look except for maybe some florida players. players were dancing in the endzone for ######s sake!! rolleyes.gif

but yeah... i saw that the other day and had to pick my eyes up off the ground they rolled so hard. he was waaaaay off on that one.

why is he the only person who doesn't like the georgia celebration? is he a florida alum or something?

yeah that was weird to me... he totally ripped uga and mark richt saying stuff like "it could have caused a brawl that would have made miami-fiu look like a romp on the playground"... what a jerk off. nobody threw anything resembling a punch or even a nasty look except for maybe some florida players. players were dancing in the endzone for ######s sake!! rolleyes.gif

but yeah... i saw that the other day and had to pick my eyes up off the ground they rolled so hard. he was waaaaay off on that one.

spurrier's comment?

spurrier's comment?