breaking news!! sanders commings commits to georgia. commitment #23

SacFalcFan

it has been coming for a while, but augusta (ga.) westside athlete sanders commings has officially made his decision. commings went back and forth between two schools, but he has now decided on one. find out what school he chose and more inside.

"i committed to georgia late tuesday night," said commings. "i talked things over with my parents, thought about things for a while and i decided georgia was the right place for me."

the 6-foot-1, 195-pound athlete called up the georgia head coach to give him the news.

"i called coach richt and i told him i was ready to be a bulldog. we talked about georgia a little and mainly just talked about how we were both so excited about my decision."

commings is excited, but so is the top dawg in athens.

"it feels great to be a bulldog," he said. "i just feel i fit in best there and i have always liked georgia. it feels good to know that i am living in georgia and now i can stay home and play for georgia."

"coach richt told me he was very excited to have me committed and that he thinks i can be a great football player there. he just wants to get me on campus and spend some time with me and my parents."

mark richt may not be the only coach in athens happy. commings will play safety for the uga football team and he will play in the outfield for the diamond dawgs.

"i have already talked to coach [david] perno and i will be playing both sports at georgia. i am excited about that too. we talked a couple of weeks ago about this and we are excited about it."

it really came down to two sec programs for commings before he chose the home state school in the end.

"it was going to be georgia or south carolina," he said. "i liked both schools, but something just told me georgia was the right place for me."

"i feel i fit in there the best and that is where i am committed to. i am really excited about my decision and i am happy to be a georgia bulldog."

commings is commitment number 23 for georgia.

well it's supposed to be just 25. however they can offer a few more after that and they will imo if guys like zebrie sanders, cordy glenn, aj harmon, rahim moore want to commit..

would love to have cordy glenn and another receiver, perhaps josh jarboe.

rahim moore stays at ucla imo. plus, we're already stacked at safety. so it's not a position of huge need.

well it's supposed to be just 25. however they can offer a few more after that and they will imo if guys like zebrie sanders, cordy glenn, aj harmon, rahim moore want to commit..

would love to have cordy glenn and another receiver, perhaps josh jarboe.

rahim moore stays at ucla imo. plus, we're already stacked at safety. so it's not a position of huge need.

they have alot of wr prospects commited already, dont they? obviously green and king are studs. but i heard that dowtin might be a wr too.

dowtin is a lb. he is going to be a very good one for uga at that spot. uga has two wrs and would take a josh jarboe, but his offer is conditional due to his grades.

they have alot of wr prospects commited already, dont they? obviously green and king are studs. but i heard that dowtin might be a wr too.

dowtin is a lb. he is going to be a very good one for uga at that spot. uga has two wrs and would take a josh jarboe, but his offer is conditional due to his grades.