ugh...lord...good game sc fans...

jdu00743

geez...make up your mind on what you're trying to say...3 title changes...2 post changes...just admit that you were wrong, that the gamehens aren't overrated, and that we were very, very fortunate to pull this win, and our nuts, out of the fire... smile.gif

oh they were definitely overrated (#6 team in the country???!?!...riiiiiight), but yea this game was l-u-c-k-y.

geez...make up your mind on what you're trying to say...3 title changes...2 post changes...just admit that you were wrong, that the gamehens aren't overrated, and that we were very, very fortunate to pull this win, and our nuts, out of the fire... smile.gif

oh they were definitely overrated (#6 team in the country???!?!...riiiiiight), but yea this game was l-u-c-k-y.

bra'...i likes ya...you're a dedicated fan...but you've got to learn to take your medicine like a man...their no 6 ranking wasn't what you were spewing and spouting about...you were saying that they couldn't win the sec, and couldn't beat us...and until they did, you wouldn't respect them...fact is, they had us on the hook, and we figured out a way, through a series of fortunate events, to squirm our ***** the **** off of it. we won, and i'll take it...but the gamehens deserve to be respected...they overcame their mistakes in the 1st half, and came out and put it on us in the 2nd half...we were lucky, we were fortunate...we did everything short of rolling over and giving up...all the same things that they did in this game...and in the end, it came down to the foot of our freshman kicker vs the foot of their senior kicker, in ot...it just don't get any closer than that... smile.gifblink.gif

bra'...i likes ya...you're a dedicated fan...but you've got to learn to take your medicine like a man...their no 6 ranking wasn't what you were spewing and spouting about...you were saying that they couldn't win the sec, and couldn't beat us...and until they did, you wouldn't respect them...fact is, they had us on the hook, and we figured out a way, through a series of fortunate events, to squirm our ***** the **** off of it. we won, and i'll take it...but the gamehens deserve to be respected...they overcame their mistakes in the 1st half, and came out and put it on us in the 2nd half...we were lucky, we were fortunate...we did everything short of rolling over and giving up...all the same things that they did in this game...and in the end, it came down to the foot of our freshman kicker vs the foot of their senior kicker, in ot...it just don't get any closer than that... smile.gifblink.gif

painful.... very painful

congrats though... you guys are in good shape now

yep this one hurt really bad. on one hand i'm proud of them for not lying down after getting bulldozed in the first half. the made me proud with how hard they fought. but once they pulled even they started to shoot themselves in the foot with the fumble and the int. but there are no moral victories in football, and we lost a heartbreaker.

i'm worried that this game took so much out of carolina that they will struggle to get ready for arkansas. i think boyd definately has an injury of some sort and mckinney may have pulled a hamstring instead of just cramping up. i'll hold my breath and hope.

it was a very tough loss for carolina. as bad as the loos at florida last year with the blocked fg and worse than the ot game we lost in knoxville 4 years ago. a hard, hard night for me.

painful.... very painful

congrats though... you guys are in good shape now

yep this one hurt really bad. on one hand i'm proud of them for not lying down after getting bulldozed in the first half. the made me proud with how hard they fought. but once they pulled even they started to shoot themselves in the foot with the fumble and the int. but there are no moral victories in football, and we lost a heartbreaker.

i'm worried that this game took so much out of carolina that they will struggle to get ready for arkansas. i think boyd definately has an injury of some sort and mckinney may have pulled a hamstring instead of just cramping up. i'll hold my breath and hope.

it was a very tough loss for carolina. as bad as the loos at florida last year with the blocked fg and worse than the ot game we lost in knoxville 4 years ago. a hard, hard night for me.

thanks for the respect ton80. i appreciate your candor.

their #6 ranking was the reason i made the topic....i didn't say the couldn't beat us...i said we should beat them.

there are a few different types of "respect"...1)there is a respect that a team can beat you...and i have that respect for every team in the sec...even vandy.

2) the respect i was talking about was sc being relevant, which....they...still...aren't.

i hate to talk about this right after the game, because i don't want to pile on to the sc fans, but since you mention that topic, it looks like i am very, very right about a few things.

like i said, they're going to have another 4 or 5 loss season for the third straight year....they are probably going to finish 4th in the sec east (if not worse)....we beat them.

why would i "respect" a team in the same way i respect uga and florida when they have just never been relevant???

sc has always played us close...and in that way, i respect them...because they are a worthy opponent...but on the grand scale of the sec, and in particular the sec east...they are the same as they have always been...even with spurrier there.

irrelevant.

sure the games might be closer, but they are still in the lower half of the sec east, and are going to have yet another mediocre season.

you tell me why i should hold them in the same light as georgia and florida?? they are still irrelevant...and until they make the seccg...that ain't going to change in my mind.

i apologize to sc fans for bringing all that up.

their #6 ranking was the reason i made the topic....i didn't say the couldn't beat us...i said we should beat them.

there are a few different types of "respect"...1)there is a respect that a team can beat you...and i have that respect for every team in the sec...even vandy.

2) the respect i was talking about was sc being relevant, which....they...still...aren't.

i hate to talk about this right after the game, because i don't want to pile on to the sc fans, but since you mention that topic, it looks like i am very, very right about a few things.

like i said, they're going to have another 4 or 5 loss season for the third straight year....they are probably going to finish 4th in the sec east (if not worse)....we beat them.

why would i "respect" a team in the same way i respect uga and florida when they have just never been relevant???

sc has always played us close...and in that way, i respect them...because they are a worthy opponent...but on the grand scale of the sec, and in particular the sec east...they are the same as they have always been...even with spurrier there.

irrelevant.

sure the games might be closer, but they are still in the lower half of the sec east, and are going to have yet another mediocre season.

you tell me why i should hold them in the same light as georgia and florida?? they are still irrelevant...and until they make the seccg...that ain't going to change in my mind.

you're welcome, but i'm simply admitting the truth...that's what i love and hate about college football...sometimes the best team doesn't always win, and sometimes the best team gets the win but in a controversial manner, and sometimes the best team is simply the one that gets the most breaks....but regardless, it's supposed to be about 2 teams of unpaid, unfettered, and unjaded football players, and their die hard, dedicated, and often times, highly spirited fans...and when games are close like this, it reminds you of why you love this game...and when games are close like this, it reminds you if why you hate this game... laugh.gif

anyway...like i said...it was a tough, ugly game, and whoever won it, was going to have to have some luck and fortune on their side...the ball literally bounced our way, at the right time tonight... wink.gif

you're welcome, but i'm simply admitting the truth...that's what i love and hate about college football...sometimes the best team doesn't always win, and sometimes the best team gets the win but in a controversial manner, and sometimes the best team is simply the one that gets the most breaks....but regardless, it's supposed to be about 2 teams of unpaid, unfettered, and unjaded football players, and their die hard, dedicated, and often times, highly spirited fans...and when games are close like this, it reminds you of why you love this game...and when games are close like this, it reminds you if why you hate this game... laugh.gif

anyway...like i said...it was a tough, ugly game, and whoever won it, was going to have to have some luck and fortune on their side...the ball literally bounced our way, at the right time tonight... wink.gif

irrelevant.

being a 3rd party i understood your thread and what it was related to. it was posted when sc was ranked #6 overall and frankly it was dead on. they were overrated compared to their ranking.. and if you honestly consider how they are right now in the sec, they are still going to end up what 4th or even 5th in the sec east this season. that backs up your comments in your thread. in 3 years at sc they are 11-11 in the sec.. they still are not true contenders year in and year out and they haven't been since they have been in the sec.. will spurrier turn it around? it's possible, but he may need a few more recruiting classes to accomplish that.

irrelevant.

being a 3rd party i understood your thread and what it was related to. it was posted when sc was ranked #6 overall and frankly it was dead on. they were overrated compared to their ranking.. and if you honestly consider how they are right now in the sec, they are still going to end up what 4th or even 5th in the sec east this season. that backs up your comments in your thread. in 3 years at sc they are 11-11 in the sec.. they still are not true contenders year in and year out and they haven't been since they have been in the sec.. will spurrier turn it around? it's possible, but he may need a few more recruiting classes to accomplish that.

jdu...you're just not getting it...if that fumble by foster bounces the other way, than we're the team that's 4th in the sec east, looking at the music city bowl (which i guess is a homefield advantage for us) against a team like texas tech, who would probably come in and kick the ever lovin bejeebus out of our horrible pass defense... blink.gif

this game literally came down to a bouncing ball and a backup olinemen who just came into the game on that very play...any way you slice that, it's lucky, fortune, karma, a ridiculous twist of fate. the gamehens didn't deserve to lose this game anymore than we deserved to win it. their no 6 ranking is no more overrated than probably 15 other teams in the top 25...rankings aren't a concern for me until the end of the season, since there is no playoff system in div 1a. the fact is, that everything you predicted may have very well all came true...but every bit of it was a result of a lucky bounce...

i love the fact that we won...i love the fact we now control our own destiny, just like we did before we got our ***** handed to us by bama last week...maybe the fact that we keep finding our way to the top of the sec east means we're destined to win it this season...maybe it means that odin himself is a vols fan...maybe it just means we're very, very lucky...but the fact that south carolina isn't on top of the sec east standings right now, isn't because they were overrated...it was simply because they fell victim to the same thing that every other team in the sec falls victim to most years...a brutal conference schedule and some bad bounces...and that's why i have a hard time saying any team in the sec is irrelevant...it's only be 3 seasons since we were irrelevant and sitting at home during bowl season....

no matter how overrated you think a team is, calling them irrelevant is simply irresponsible as a fan of college football...especially a sec football fan, because we should know better... wink.gif

jdu...you're just not getting it...if that fumble by foster bounces the other way, than we're the team that's 4th in the sec east, looking at the music city bowl (which i guess is a homefield advantage for us) against a team like texas tech, who would probably come in and kick the ever lovin bejeebus out of our horrible pass defense... blink.gif

this game literally came down to a bouncing ball and a backup olinemen who just came into the game on that very play...any way you slice that, it's lucky, fortune, karma, a ridiculous twist of fate. the gamehens didn't deserve to lose this game anymore than we deserved to win it. their no 6 ranking is no more overrated than probably 15 other teams in the top 25...rankings aren't a concern for me until the end of the season, since there is no playoff system in div 1a. the fact is, that everything you predicted may have very well all came true...but every bit of it was a result of a lucky bounce...

i love the fact that we won...i love the fact we now control our own destiny, just like we did before we got our ***** handed to us by bama last week...maybe the fact that we keep finding our way to the top of the sec east means we're destined to win it this season...maybe it means that odin himself is a vols fan...maybe it just means we're very, very lucky...but the fact that south carolina isn't on top of the sec east standings right now, isn't because they were overrated...it was simply because they fell victim to the same thing that every other team in the sec falls victim to most years...a brutal conference schedule and some bad bounces...and that's why i have a hard time saying any team in the sec is irrelevant...it's only be 3 seasons since we were irrelevant and sitting at home during bowl season....

no matter how overrated you think a team is, calling them irrelevant is simply irresponsible as a fan of college football...especially a sec football fan, because we should know better... wink.gif

but they are irrelevant. if you don't want to accept it, it's fine, but they are.

i'm not saying they are irrelevant when we're playing them...any team can win any given day...but not just "any" team can win the sec or even the sec east.

georgia, florida, and tennessee are the "relevant" teams in the sec east...no other team has ever represented the east in the 15 years of the seccg...

until one of kentucky/sc/vandy does that....they are irrelevant in the grand scheme of the sec race!!!!!

i don't care "how close" they came to doing this, that...whatever...blah blah blah...excuses are like azz holes...everyone has one and they all stink.

until sc makes it to the seccg, they are irrelevant in the sec east race. sorry, it is a fact.

and yes this and the loss to vandy also show how ridiculously overrated they were at 6...no argument to the contrary.

but they are irrelevant. if you don't want to accept it, it's fine, but they are.

i'm not saying they are irrelevant when we're playing them...any team can win any given day...but not just "any" team can win the sec or even the sec east.

georgia, florida, and tennessee are the "relevant" teams in the sec east...no other team has ever represented the east in the 15 years of the seccg...

until one of kentucky/sc/vandy does that....they are irrelevant in the grand scheme of the sec race!!!!!

i don't care "how close" they came to doing this, that...whatever...blah blah blah...excuses are like azz holes...everyone has one and they all stink.

until sc makes it to the seccg, they are irrelevant in the sec east race. sorry, it is a fact.

and yes this and the loss to vandy also show how ridiculously overrated they were at 6...no argument to the contrary.

irrelevant.

you sure talk a lot of ###### for being saved by a false start penalty. your orange homos had a huge lead and let those overrated gamecocks come back and bust them in the mouth in the 2nd half. usc has been a historically putrid program, but spurrier is turning that around. you can pick any team in the top 25 and say the are overrated at any given time. you may not respect them right now but you're gonna be respecting usc soon because the lucky breaks your team got tonight may not be there to save their sorry ***** in the coming years. usc is on the way up and will be a force in the sec for many years to come. just because usc doesn't have a storied history like uga doesn't mean they aren't relevant. people want to play for usc now and more and more recruits are going to commit to usc because they are relevant in the sec now. relish this win tonight ###### because it will probably be a while before you get another one against usc.

irrelevant.

you sure talk a lot of ###### for being saved by a false start penalty. your orange homos had a huge lead and let those overrated gamecocks come back and bust them in the mouth in the 2nd half. usc has been a historically putrid program, but spurrier is turning that around. you can pick any team in the top 25 and say the are overrated at any given time. you may not respect them right now but you're gonna be respecting usc soon because the lucky breaks your team got tonight may not be there to save their sorry ***** in the coming years. usc is on the way up and will be a force in the sec for many years to come. just because usc doesn't have a storied history like uga doesn't mean they aren't relevant. people want to play for usc now and more and more recruits are going to commit to usc because they are relevant in the sec now. relish this win tonight ###### because it will probably be a while before you get another one against usc.