uga ranking high among recruits..

SacFalcFan

uga ranking high among recruits

heard co.'s jackson, cedar grove's jarboe like dogs

by jeff hood

the atlanta journal-constitution

published on: 10/20/07 heard county running back dontavius jackson predicts a commitment to georgia, clemson or lsu by the end of the month.

jackson, who eliminated penn state from contention in september, has now dropped alabama from his list.

"[georgia] has a great coach, and i think i have a chance to go in and play early if i learn the system."

jackson, who suffered a broken wrist in heard county's opener, said he's adjusted to supporting his team from the sidelines as he attempts to stay in shape while his injury continues to heal.

"i've gotten used to it," he said. .

" cedar grove receiver josh jarboe is down to five college possibilities.

"i'm looking at oklahoma, lsu, georgia, georgia tech and florida," scout.com's 21st-ranked receiver said.

" jefferson county lineman a.j. harmon remains committed to clemson, but hasn't entirely ruled out switching his allegiance to uga.

"i haven't slammed the door on georgia," harmon said. "if anything goes wrong with who is going to be coaching me at clemson, that would probably be the only problem i'd have."

jefferson county grad fernando velasco, now the bulldogs' center, was scheduled to watch harmon play friday.

"he wants to see what i'm all about," harmon said.

" westside-augusta receiver/defensive back sanders commings continues to consider scholarship offers from florida, georgia and south carolina.

" coffee county offensive tackle b.j. brand, who briefly committed to georgia earlier this year, is now leaning toward signing with troy.