report that chan gailey will be fired.. disputed.. not good for recruiting..

SacFalcFan

gailey calls report of firing

by mike knobler

the atlanta journal-constitution

published on: 10/20/07 georgia tech football coach chan gailey ripped an internet report that he had told at least one assistant tech will fire gailey regardless of what happens the rest of the season.

"that's so crazy, i'm not even going to comment on that," gailey said, and then he did, anyway. "that's " he said.

tech athletics director dan radakovich reacted similarly.

"that's ridiculous. my goodness," radakovich said at halftime of saturday's 34-10 homecoming victory over army. "i evaluate the program at the end of the season. that has not changed, and we have a lot of football left to play in 2007."

cbssports.com senior writer dennis dodd wrote on friday that "there are indications that chan gailey is out at georgia tech no matter what. gailey has told at least one coach on his staff that he is going to be fired after this season."

tech (5-3) is two victories from clinching gailey's sixth consecutive winning season. he is 42-30 at tech, 66-41 in nine seasons as a college coach.

by mike knobler

published on: 10/20/07 georgia tech football coach chan gailey ripped an internet report that he had told at least one assistant tech will fire gailey regardless of what happens the rest of the season.

"that's so crazy, i'm not even going to comment on that," gailey said, and then he did, anyway. "that's " he said.

"that's ridiculous. my goodness," radakovich said at halftime of saturday's 34-10 homecoming victory over army. "i evaluate the program at the end of the season. that has not changed, and we have a lot of football left to play in 2007."

cbssports.com senior writer dennis dodd wrote on friday that "there are indications that chan gailey is out at georgia tech no matter what. gailey has told at least one coach on his staff that he is going to be fired after this season."

tech (5-3) is two victories from clinching gailey's sixth consecutive winning season. he is 42-30 at tech, 66-41 in nine seasons as a college coach.

if tenuta takes over i really don't see a problem with our recruits..i know d-rad is not that fond of gailey but i agree that gailey is gone..

sometimes you just wear out your welcome and chan knows that...i don't see him going to a better program

i really don't think many people care for him..maybe uga can take him??? wink.gif

d-rad is a smart guy he will find out whats best for us..if not tenuta expect a hot-shot young coach to take over..

thanks sac

by mike knobler

if tenuta takes over i really don't see a problem with our recruits..i know d-rad is not that fond of gailey but i agree that gailey is gone..

sometimes you just wear out your welcome and chan knows that...i don't see him going to a better program

i really don't think many people care for him..maybe uga can take him??? wink.gif

d-rad is a smart guy he will find out whats best for us..if not tenuta expect a hot-shot young coach to take over..

thanks sac