who's going to the bama-ut game this weekend??

jdu00743

i might be going with my dad (big bama fan)...one of his friends used to play ol for bama and gets tickets on the 50 yard line like 30 rows up or whatever and gets my dad tickets in that section.

i think he got us tickets for this game (not sure yet).

anyways, i am very relieved it is a 1130 game central time...that stadium shouldn't be too loud.

my prediction for the game is ut wins...if bama didn't have a coach of saban's caliber, i'd say we win by 14+ points with the way our ol and ainge have been playing...but i know saban will find a way to keep it close...****, this game is always close.

preliminary prediction:

ut- 31

bama-23

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am most likely heading down to tuscaloosa...was definitely going before lincoln freaking financial picked the game up for the 11:30 kickoff.

i see ut winning this one by about 10 points -- i just think our front seven gets pushed around like a shopping cart all day by ut's offensive line. it is the perfect storm of ut's biggest strength perhaps going against our biggest weakness.

saban will have them ready to play and i think it stays close until late, but i just do not think we have the horses right now.

i am most likely heading down to tuscaloosa...was definitely going before lincoln freaking financial picked the game up for the 11:30 kickoff.

i see ut winning this one by about 10 points -- i just think our front seven gets pushed around like a shopping cart all day by ut's offensive line. it is the perfect storm of ut's biggest strength perhaps going against our biggest weakness.

saban will have them ready to play and i think it stays close until late, but i just do not think we have the horses right now.

this is, imo, the best rivalry in the sec behind auburn-alabama...it is just a series with so much history and tradition..."3rd saturday in october".

so much hatred between the two programs also...particularly the older ut fans would rather beat bama and lose the other 11 games than vice versa.

top two programs in sec history...whatever happens, this is a great game.

this is, imo, the best rivalry in the sec behind auburn-alabama...it is just a series with so much history and tradition..."3rd saturday in october".

so much hatred between the two programs also...particularly the older ut fans would rather beat bama and lose the other 11 games than vice versa.

well said and i agree.

well said and i agree.

i love this game every season...and i love the history that it represents, not only for the two programs involved, but for the entire sec. both teams are also recognized as being 2 of the top 10 winningest programs, all time in div 1 college football. that's an impressive history to be part of...michigan, notre dame, texas, nebraska, alabama, ohio state, penn state, oklahoma, tennessee, southern california.

i believe we've got what it takes to beat bama this year...saban is a coach that i worry about playing against, because he's got an outstanding coaching pedigree, and alway seems to find the recruits and the plays to win the big games...i'm optimistic that we'll win...though i beleive it's going to be another close game between the two teams...probaly 21-17 ut. blink.gif

i love this game every season...and i love the history that it represents, not only for the two programs involved, but for the entire sec. both teams are also recognized as being 2 of the top 10 winningest programs, all time in div 1 college football. that's an impressive history to be part of...michigan, notre dame, texas, nebraska, alabama, ohio state, penn state, oklahoma, tennessee, southern california.

i believe we've got what it takes to beat bama this year...saban is a coach that i worry about playing against, because he's got an outstanding coaching pedigree, and alway seems to find the recruits and the plays to win the big games...i'm optimistic that we'll win...though i beleive it's going to be another close game between the two teams...probaly 21-17 ut. blink.gif

so, pretty funny news...

i was just talking with my dad about going to the game this weekend and he said that his friend (the former player) normally takes him to the "a" club with him before the game to get some food or whatever...i think it is a private club inside the stadium where former lettermen eat.

well, i wear my bright orange jamal lewis jersey to every tennessee game, and my dad is completely freaked out about the idea of me accompanying him and his friend in there with all the former alabama players wearing my ut jersey! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

so, pretty funny news...

i was just talking with my dad about going to the game this weekend and he said that his friend (the former player) normally takes him to the "a" club with him before the game to get some food or whatever...i think it is a private club inside the stadium where former lettermen eat.

well, i wear my bright orange jamal lewis jersey to every tennessee game, and my dad is completely freaked out about the idea of me accompanying him and his friend in there with all the former alabama players wearing my ut jersey! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

so, pretty funny news...

biggrin.gif

well be sure to give them all some indigestion for the rest of us that can't be there... smile.gif

so, pretty funny news...

biggrin.gif

well be sure to give them all some indigestion for the rest of us that can't be there... smile.gif

come to think of it, i actually kinda doubt they'll let me in there...i"m sure they'll be nice about it, but it wouldn't surprise me if i was turned away.

if that is a possibility, i probably won't even try...i don't want to get my dad or his friend in any trouble.

come to think of it, i actually kinda doubt they'll let me in there...i"m sure they'll be nice about it, but it wouldn't surprise me if i was turned away.

if that is a possibility, i probably won't even try...i don't want to get my dad or his friend in any trouble.

well if that's the case. go to the stands, order some dogs, nachos, and beers, and load up for the game... wink.gif

well if that's the case. go to the stands, order some dogs, nachos, and beers, and load up for the game... wink.gif

i have a buddy who walked by and told me he is going and wanted me to go.. i had to refuse. not a fan of either team.. wink.gif plus i have way too many games i want to see on saturday..

i can understand why you wouldn't want to watch tennessee play again, at least. wink.gif

i have a buddy who walked by and told me he is going and wanted me to go.. i had to refuse. not a fan of either team.. wink.gif plus i have way too many games i want to see on saturday..

i can understand why you wouldn't want to watch tennessee play again, at least. wink.gif