don't shoot the messenger

audit2

no one wants to see these falcons

posted oct 18th 2007 10:43pm by jj cooper

filed under: falcons, nfl media watch, atlanta

teams always get up for monday night games, because they know its the one time that they're on the national stage with all of the rest of the nfl watching. and that's true, unless you're the falcons. without michael vick, the falcons offense is borderline unwatchable, something the american public found out on monday, when the falcons-giants monday night game pulled in the worst rating in the 37-year history of monday night football.

atlanta actually kept the game close for the first half and they were playing the large market giants, but that wasn't enough to get anyone to pay attention. if espn execs really want to start popping the antiacids, they should just look ahead to dec. 10 when the saints and falcons will play a monday night game that could make a run at this record. the saints have shown some signs of life recently, but they're still 1-4, compared to atlanta's 1-5--if they keep this up that could rank as one of the least-appealing primetime games of all time.

the tv schedule for this year was set before mike vick got into his trouble. with him gone it will likely be several years before atlanta returns to primetime again.

no one wants to see these falcons

posted oct 18th 2007 10:43pm by jj cooper

filed under: falcons, nfl media watch, atlanta

teams always get up for monday night games, because they know its the one time that they're on the national stage with all of the rest of the nfl watching. and that's true, unless you're the falcons. without michael vick, the falcons offense is borderline unwatchable, something the american public found out on monday, when the falcons-giants monday night game pulled in the worst rating in the 37-year history of monday night football.

atlanta actually kept the game close for the first half and they were playing the large market giants, but that wasn't enough to get anyone to pay attention. if espn execs really want to start popping the antiacids, they should just look ahead to dec. 10 when the saints and falcons will play a monday night game that could make a run at this record. the saints have shown some signs of life recently, but they're still 1-4, compared to atlanta's 1-5--if they keep this up that could rank as one of the least-appealing primetime games of all time.

the tv schedule for this year was set before mike vick got into his trouble. with him gone it will likely be several years before atlanta returns to primetime again.

can't say that i don't agree with the article. it's starting to feel like i'm sitting back in fulton county staduim. huh.gif

i would venture to say that mnf ratings have been down all year since moving to espn. their coverage is awful. who wants to listen to kornheiser and how many washed up celebs will they continue to dig up for their cameos?

not just that, but i found it interesting that only 1 in 5 homes in the u.s. have cable or satellite.

at least we can watch them in atl now, many years it was blackout

wait till next year, blank better start cutting ticket prices quick

bingo!!! i seem to recall the falcons being on mnf three times the year after they went to the sb. winning a few games will cure a lot of ills.

its gonna be awhile before we get envited back, man falcons and colts thanksgiving....... huh.gif

not just that, but i found it interesting that only 1 in 5 homes in the u.s. have cable or satellite.

yep, it's been proven time and time again that when abc and espn are carrying college games simultaeously, it really doesn't matter who the teams are. abc is consistently higher rated. espn is really being pushed hard on the public right now with mnf, nascar and several other programs. sucks if you ask me. they are forcing people to buy cable or satellite.

jimmy kimmel was the best thing on that broadcast on monday, and now he's banned.

"hey joe, how's the leg?" will go down in history as one of the best lines ever on a football broadcast, along with "harrington's not a very good quarterback, but he's very nice to his pets". too bad they don't have a sense of humor and can't take a little teasing.

i don't have a problem with bringing in guests as long as it's during halftime. bring back madden and michaels.

it's starting to feel like i'm sitting back in fulton county staduim. huh.gif

tc, i feel you on that one..................and we both know that that was not a good feeling most of the time! ****, all we need is an ice storm and some pea soup fog inside of the ga dome and we'll feel right at home!!!!