we're going to get killed

hytrewqasdfg

i normally try and look on the positive with the falcons (and i am optimisitic about where the franchsie is headed), but when it comes to the game against the giants i've got to say it: we're going to get killed. we just don't match up well against the giants.

the giants feature on of the best pass rushes in the league. the way to counter it is with with solid pass blocking and a strong running game. what are our offensive weaknesses?

the giants offense revolves around a power, inside running game. our defensive weakness is stopping?

i expect the giants to run inside a lot in an attempt to dominate the time of possesion and wear our defense down, force us to load up the box, and open up the passing game. i expect the giants d to bring the house early and often in an attempt to rattle joey and turn him into "deer-in-the-headlights-qb".

i don't think we're as bad as some people are making out, but i think the giants strong points and our weak points match up in a way that will make this game ugly for the falcons.

and yes, i am being optimisitic. i hope i'm wrong, as i'm not looking forward to another mnf beatdown.

the titans running game involved a power, inside running game with lenwhale white... they ended up averaging 2.8 yards per carry. jackson and lewis clogged up the middle all day. now we've got coleman and babs back, we can both stuff the run with jackson and lewis, and rush the passer and disrupt plays in the backfield with coleman and babs. on 3rd and long, we could put in a dl with anderson, babs, coleman, and abe... talk about your dominating pass rush! who do you double team? you can't double them all...

on our side, i think we'll be able to run against the interior of the giants d. osi's good, but i think if we have foster and blakely on him, we can box him in and run right outside of him. foster's a big boy. on the pass rush, i think it's apparent from watching winston justice get owned that we'll need to provide some help. i expect to see lots of 2 te sets and to see ovie or dunn kept in to help protect. i don't think petrino will leave foster and clabo out there by themselves all night.

great post. thanx grendel.

i would like to see petrino to get creative and run some power i formations (3 te with rb and fb) and then motion into crumpler and blakely out and then run to osi's side. also do the same formation with the same motion and run a slant to crump. or put roddy in for one of the tes and and motion dunn out to wideout and run our spread. or run out of it again.

the titans running game involved a power, inside running game with lenwhale white... they ended up averaging 2.8 yards per carry. jackson and lewis clogged up the middle all day. now we've got coleman and babs back, we can both stuff the run with jackson and lewis, and rush the passer and disrupt plays in the backfield with coleman and babs. on 3rd and long, we could put in a dl with anderson, babs, coleman, and abe... talk about your dominating pass rush! who do you double team? you can't double them all...

on our side, i think we'll be able to run against the interior of the giants d. osi's good, but i think if we have foster and blakely on him, we can box him in and run right outside of him. foster's a big boy. on the pass rush, i think it's apparent from watching winston justice get owned that we'll need to provide some help. i expect to see lots of 2 te sets and to see ovie or dunn kept in to help protect. i don't think petrino will leave foster and clabo out there by themselves all night.

i certainly hope you are right. i was surprised when the titans abandoned the power running game. i think if they had stuck with it the entire game the score would not have been nearly as close.

if we do win, it will be because of a great coaching job. will the petrino haters be willing to give him the credit, or will they just find some way to spin it negative?