easy poll

seamill

everyone has their own reason for why or why not or thinks he will leave but this poll is simple. do you want coach petrino to coach the team next year? it is not a question if they can't get cower or anything else. do you or don't you?

i know this isn't a "poll". didn't post for me. sorry.

i thought it would have been a good one, if someone wants to post a true "poll" the numbers could be interesting.

yes...

petrino has proved that his offense can work in the nfl, so he gets a passing grade for his offense...

more importantly, consistent teams have consistent coaching. the last thing this team needs is a break down in continuity...

petrino leaving would mean this entire year has been for nothing and everything the offensive players learned would have to be thrown out again...

next year would be the 07-08 season pt. 2 - the nightmare continues

yes, he hasn't had a chance to install a real ol, rb and many others. the defense already looks crazy good. wasn't mora supposed to be some kind of defensive genious or something? if so, why does the defense look even better this year?

yes...100% agreed.....give the man time to install the players he wants...... whomever wants petrino fired must be ignorant, because they just don't know.

yes. when will atl fans learn that constant coaching changes isn't the answer?

having the right coach is... the wrong coach won't ever win.

petrino was never the right guy... blank is not a football man and mckay is starting to concern me.

petrino may not have "his team" in place but this is the team he has right now.

he's wishy washy with the players and calls incredibly bad plays... doesn't manage the game clock well etc...

when he's a proven winner in the nfl... then he can act cocky. till then....

yes...

petrino has proved that his offense can work in the nfl, so he gets a passing grade for his offense...

more importantly, consistent teams have consistent coaching. the last thing this team needs is a break down in continuity...

petrino leaving would mean this entire year has been for nothing and everything the offensive players learned would have to be thrown out again...

next year would be the 07-08 season pt. 2 - the nightmare continues

agree with everything you said and i absolutely agree that petrino needs to be back.

petrino is doing the best he can with what he has. imho petrino can and will build a winning team that is able to compete with the best teams in the nfl. it's just not gonna be this or next year.

you don't have to agree with every decision that is made regarding players and on-field tactics, and playing "monday morning qb" and calls to sport's radio will always be a popular past-time for fans to vent their frustration. there will always be decisions that are unpopular and/or controversial, but petrino has not hesitated to make them when he believes the decision is in the best interest of atlanta falcons football and creating a better chance to win a game.

anyone who thought that we'd be able to compete with the current roster of players doesn't know much about what it takes to construct a winning team. some popular players will need to move on and new players will need to embrace the offensive and defensive philosophies of the coaching staff and execute them with consistency.

believe this, accept this, get behind this, and have a little patience. please.

great teams do not just happen. they are built over time by people with passion, a vision and a plan.

the construction/foundation of the falcon teams in the past couple of years was built around #7, and we found out that our house was built on quicksand, once he was gone. granted, mv had amazing athletic talent (along with a ten-cent head), but one superstar doesn't turn a team into a perennial post-season powerhouse. great teams have chemistry and talent on both sides of the ball and depend upon all players to work as a unit in order to succeed.

everyone has their own reason for why or why not or thinks he will leave but this poll is simple. do you want coach petrino to coach the team next year? it is not a question if they can't get cower or anything else. do you or don't you?

i know this isn't a "poll". didn't post for me. sorry.

i thought it would have been a good one, if someone wants to post a true "poll" the numbers could be interesting.

honestly no. its not that he's a bad coach, but i think stepping into these situations as a brand new never coached before guy was overwhelming and too much for him to handle. we need a guy like parcells/jimmy johnson/cowher with tons of experience that can handle these situations and handle these players.

i never wanted a college coach, and after yestersday's display of coaching brilliance i still do not want a college coach.

however, the die is cast now and we are stuck with this guy. he may still turn it around (i doubt it), but i think stability is very important to a franchise. we need to stick with him for at least 2 more years to see if he can succeed or not.

besides i do not have a lot of confidence in mckay's ability to pick another hc anyways. wink.gif

yes...100% agreed.....give the man time to install the players he wants...... whomever wants petrino fired must be ignorant, because they just don't know.

i agree wholeheartedly. we need to give petrino time to put together his team before we start talking about a new coach. i have confidence he can turn the falcons into a winning team.