byron is our qb for the rest of the season

red2play

get used to it. we aren't going with a serviceable qb that we can gracefully lose games with. we are going to go with the best option to win the football games and hoey isn't apart of the equation.

are you out of your mind?

how does he give us any chance to win with this o-line and that wind-up?

petrino has to take out every pass play that takes longer than 3 seconds to develop because there is a very good chance the ball is going to get knocked out of his hand.

joey sucks and byron sucks. however byron just had a game where he turned the ball over 4 times. you cannot do that as a qb in the nfl.

get used to it. we aren't going with a serviceable qb that we can gracefully lose games with. we are going to go with the best option to win the football games and hoey isn't apart of the equation.

y'all keep saying "byron gives us our best chance to win"

and he backs that up by playing like s###, and we keep losing with him, and y'all keep saying, "byron gives us our best chance to win".

whatevah!!! rolleyes.gif

we are going to die by him......he sux, bad

it doesn't matter who we have in there, we are not a good team.

the difference between byron and joey is not the difference between going 4-12 and going to the playoffs. we aren't going to the playoffs no matter who is under center. if going 6-10 is that much better for you guys then more power to ya.

are you out of your mind?

how does he give us any chance to win with this o-line and that wind-up?

petrino has to take out every pass play that takes longer than 3 seconds to develop because there is a very good chance the ball is going to get knocked out of his hand.

joey sucks and byron sucks. however byron just had a game where he turned the ball over 4 times. you cannot do that as a qb in the nfl.

someone needs to tell peyton manning that.

the difference between byron and joey is not the difference between going 4-12 and going to the playoffs. we aren't going to the playoffs no matter who is under center. if going 6-10 is that much better for you guys then more power to ya.

going 6-10 is a **** of a lot better than 3-13. what kind of fan thinks otherwise? blink.gif

it will be interesting to see how petrino handles this. i've been behind this coaching staff for the most part but if he benches leftwich i will be disappointed. sure he sucked yesterday but they made him the starter for a reason and he should atleast have a few games to show what he can do. he was clearly rusty yesterday and still hobbling a little but he didn't have much help either.

props to harrington for being a professional and not pouting on the sideline. i don't think he has much of a future here but he should be able to survive in this league for a few more years as a solid backup.

1. are you out of your mind?

2. how does he give us any chance to win with this o-line and that wind-up?

3. petrino has to take out every pass play that takes longer than 3 seconds to develop because there is a very good chance the ball is going to get knocked out of his hand.

4. joey sucks and byron sucks. however byron just had a game where he turned the ball over 4 times. you cannot do that as a qb in the nfl.

1. no

2. 2-te sets, rollouts, etc.

3. what do you want to do? just give up? not an option.

4. obviously, i think they are going to have to do a reset in his internal clock. he has to get the ball out quicker, no question about that. also starting norwood might help against the constant pass-rush we are getting.

come on now, we do have a good defense. get a better, not the best, ol with fa and the draft, a good, not stellar qb (notice i'm not saying either byron nor hoey) from fa and develop one from the draft, add a power back, start norwood and i think we will be farr better than we are now. we can do that by next year.

i prefer trying to win every single game. we have to instill a new attitude in this club than carry one over from the mora years.

1. no

2. 2-te sets, rollouts, etc.

3. what do you want to do? just give up? not an option.

4. obviously, i think they are going to have to do a reset in his internal clock. he has to get the ball out quicker, no question about that. also starting norwood might help against the constant pass-rush we are getting.

obvioulsy we can't give up.

the only way we have a chance to win games is to keep them close and play a game of field position.

byron gives you a higher chance of turning the ball over and putting you in a position where you're playing catch-up.

did you just say rollout? byron leftwhich on a rollout? he'll be running into the de that just beat the tackle on a rollout.

and he's been playing qb this way too long to change his release. otherwise they would have done that in jacksonville.

i think your point is that with joey your playcalling is limited. the problem is it's the same thing with byron because of his release.

before byron got benched did you notice that he was throwing a lot more checkdowns? i did because i said to myself you might as well put joey in because you're calling the same type of plays that you would be if he was in there.

bottom line. petrino should have known by 1/2 way through the first that byron should not have been playing. but he decided to wait until the team was down by 24 points to put in joey when it would make absolutely no difference.

obvioulsy we can't give up.

the only way we have a chance to win games is to keep them close and play a game of field position.

byron gives you a higher chance of turning the ball over and putting you in a position where you're playing catch-up.

did you just say rollout? byron leftwhich on a rollout? he'll be running into the de that just beat the tackle on a rollout.

and he's been playing qb this way too long to change his release. otherwise they would have done that in jacksonville.

i think your point is that with joey your playcalling is limited. the problem is it's the same thing with byron because of his release.

before byron got benched did you notice that he was throwing a lot more checkdowns? i did because i said to myself you might as well put joey in because you're calling the same type of plays that you would be if he was in there.

bottom line. petrino should have known by 1/2 way through the first that byron should not have been playing. but he decided to wait until the team was down by 24 points to put in joey when it would make absolutely no difference.

a. you can still throw the ball downfield in a more controlled fashion and you still need the short crossing routes and dump-offs. byron will get better at that.

b. bl can rollout and you complement that with a blocking te to help.

didn't ask him to change the release, just release it before the dl can get to him.

a. you can still throw the ball downfield in a more controlled fashion and you still need the short crossing routes and dump-offs. byron will get better at that.

b. bl can rollout and you complement that with a blocking te to help.

didn't ask him to change the release, just release it before the dl can get to him.

and that is 3 seconds...

a. i honestly don't know how with this o-line.

b. still not thinking so with this o-line

and i have to bring this up:

byron will get better at that.

byron will get better at that?! how long has he been playing in the nfl? he's not a rookie. he should already know how to do that.

y'all keep saying "byron gives us our best chance to win"

and he backs that up by playing like s###, and we keep losing with him, and y'all keep saying, "byron gives us our best chance to win".

whatevah!!! rolleyes.gif

he does, maybe if the ol can hold of defenders a little longer then bl will play better. yesterday bl was not the reason we lost. we had 6 passes dropped which could have given us some momentum. the injuries are what doomed us the most. i just dont see how noodle arm harrington is a better option than bl, b/c once teams dont respect the deep ball its easy to defend us + we cant run the ball effectively. i think that bl can potentially produce more points per game than joey can.

no offense, but joey was going to make absolutely no difference in that game regardless of when he was put into the game.

well your completely wrong in one aspect. two of the turnovers were caused directly by byron's rediculously long wind up that he uses, and those turnovers would not have happened if joey were in the game. no way.

no offense, but joey was going to make absolutely no difference in that game regardless of when he was put into the game.

i understand what you're saying. i'm not saying joey would have won the game for us.

i'm saying that if we would have taken care of the ball and kept it a low scoring game we had a chance. the moment we got down by 14 points it was over.

the problem is that the first 14 points came directly from byron's turnovers.