the harrington lovefest

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

why all the love for a guy who completes a lot of short passes, has a high completion percentage, yet has only 6 touchdown passes? i forgot about the 5 interceptions!!!

name somebody else with only 5 interceptions at this point of the season.

it has to be somebody who has played. now if you have such a person add

his fumbles to it and compare to harrington. it tells you harrington is pretty

good. we can compete with him and he puts us in position to win. it is also

possible he is making our receivers look better. so add norwood with joey

and it would give defenses more to think about. leftwich embarassed us.

who is intercepting two yard passes in this league? plus you play to win the game and he's not doing much of that as well!! joey has one thing that the previous qb didn't; a defense that can keep the game close and he still can't get it done!!!

because he completes the "short"ses that leftwich doesn't and gets us down field. leftwich was 1 of 9 yesterday on 3rd down conversions. joey led us to a score.

what is our record with joey starting?

i'm not defending leftwich at all bc he stunk yesterday but i'm tired of people acting like joey was going to lead us to the playoffs because he beat lowly san fran and the panties.

look out joe montana. rolleyes.gif

who is intercepting two yard passes in this league? plus you play to win the game and he's not doing much of that as well!! joey has one thing that the previous qb didn't; a defense that can keep the game close and he still can't get it done!!!

you are absolutely correct, sir! byron sandwich can throw the ball down field! forget the turnovers, because that's just being a hater. chubby checker can throw the ball down field! the receivers didn't catch the ball because they're haters, too!

byron sandwich for the hall of fame! go sandwich!!!!!!!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif joey puts us in a position to win laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif the only position that joey puts us in is the fetal position!

what is our record with joey starting?

i'm not defending leftwich at all bc he stunk yesterday but i'm tired of people acting like joey was going to lead us to the playoffs because he beat lowly san fran and the panties.

look out joe montana. rolleyes.gif

my point exactly!!!! we are doomed with these guys as well as the line, receivers, and certain playcalling!

at least joey isn't losing the game for us. i guess you turned off your tv too early yesterday. joey led us down field with an impressive, methodical drive and scored our only td with a nice 10+yard pass to jennings. he got it done in the time that he had. had he started, the game would have been a lot closer and we may have won, their defense wasn't that impressive.

why in the world are you worried about some arbitrary and racist concept like winning games? guess you've drunk too much of the harrington kool-aid. the most important thing in football is to throw the ball down field! we have one elite qb that can do this and that is byron sandwich, a future hall of fame qb. go sandwich!

i have to say that at this point all of you guys who start these "leftwich is better" or "joey is better" threads are complete idiots. it's like arguing whose girlfriend is uglier when the faces on both girls would stop a clock.

they both stink. neither one of them is the answer for the falcons at qb beyond this season.

anything else i can help you mensa members with?....... rolleyes.gifdry.gif

you are totally correct! byron sandwich is the man! he can throw the ball down field! go sandwich!

leftwich is not the answer to our problems either. leftwich was horrible yesterday and i don't think he'll ever be what we need. we need to start the rebuilding process starting with the qb position and the o-line. anyone who thinks either one of these guys are the answer are dilusional.

at least joey isn't losing the game for us. i guess you turned off your tv too early yesterday. joey led us down field with an impressive, methodical drive and scored our only td with a nice 10+yard pass to jennings. he got it done in the time that he had. had he started, the game would have been a lot closer and we may have won, their defense wasn't that impressive.

i was there at the game, stayed until they walked off the field!! i applauded joey for a nice threaded pass to jennings but i'm not going to get it twisted!!! prevent defense is what they were in!! he is no starting qb to take us anywhere, fast!!! they sux and the quicker everyone realizes it the better we will all be!

neither of these guys are the long term answer, but byron's dreadfully slow release yesterday resulted in the team being humiliated. the falcons defense is good enough to keep them in games, but the falcons have to take care of the ball. joey has done a pretty good job of taking care of the ball.

petrino took a silly gamble and got burned badly. now what is he gonna do?

why all the love for a guy who completes a lot of short passes, has a high completion percentage, yet has only 6 touchdown passes? i forgot about the 5 interceptions!!!

5 - 6 yards a pass will move the chains and drive you down the field, especially if you are completing 64% of those passes. but our ol has been awful in run blocking (as well as the typical poor pass protection we've seen the last 8 years). then add in play calling that at times has been worse than anything knapp could have dreamed of and you'll understand.

you don't have to throw the ball 40 yards every pass to win in this league. you can use the pass to control the clock in a manner similar to a running game, sustain drives, & win games that way, with the proper ol play & play calling. we just are not getting what we need from the ol & coaching staff.

we are arguing who should finish the year. duh!! only the byron lovers think that there is a qb on this team that should be our starter beyond this year and they don't think that it's the better of the two, they like leftnut.

i say give redman a shot!!! i am for anything other than the two that's fighting to start!

i have to say that at this point all of you guys who start these "leftwich is better" or "joey is better" threads are complete idiots. it's like arguing whose girlfriend is uglier when the faces on both girls would stop a clock.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif but when we lose with joey it's prettier.

we are arguing who should finish the year. duh!! only the byron lovers think that there is a qb on this team that should be our starter beyond this year and they don't think that it's the better of the two, they like leftnut.

whatever dude...it doesn't really matter in the great scheme of things. if you want to use what gray matter you have to parse this pointless argument then have at it. it's no sweat off of my ####s.

they both suck. most people who have watched football for more than five minutes recognize that fact and realize that the end result is going to be the same.

duh!

because he completes the "short"ses that leftwich doesn't and gets us down field. leftwich was 1 of 9 yesterday on 3rd down conversions. joey led us to a score.

a score. you guys sure settle for so little. a score when the game was over. a score when tampa was standind around laughing. a score won't help thursday night. i hope they start joey, lets see what you are saying friday. probably, "the colts scored 40 points but a least joey led us to a score. the new england fans and colt fans and pittsburg fans are different from you guys ..... they want wins not a score. i guess the team is a reflection of it's fans. that answers a lot of questions.

watch him thursday ............... this is going to be very, very bad.

no, it is not a pretty thing to watch either of them and they both are not starting qb caliber, but it would be nice to win at least two more games this season. and that is what we are arguing about...who gives us that chance, byron or joey. duh!\

if you don't like it then don't get on these threads.

don't like it? i love it! it's like watching two ******* fight for the last piece of pizza at chucky cheese!

what's your next argument for your boy? (sitting back in my chair munching popcorn watching the show...)

double duh!

you are totally correct! byron sandwich is the man! he can throw the ball down field! go sandwich!

how about throwing it successfully downfield........something he is yet to do and could not do yesterday. most of his passes yesterday in case you missed the game were less than 10 yards and he couldn't even complete those. too high, into the ground, wide of the receiver.

give me a break, byron sux and there is a reason he sat on the open market after being cut.

no, it is not a pretty thing to watch either of them and they both are not starting qb caliber, but it would be nice to win at least two more games this season. and that is what we are arguing about...who gives us that chance, byron or joey. duh!\

if you don't like it then don't get on these threads.

what will two more wins give you? not the playoffs!!!! i spend $1800 per season to be entertained with good and exciting football and this team is not getting it done!!