joey galloway's breakfast

wauchope

personally i wouldnt care if d. hall got burnt for a touchdown if he wasnt running his mouth about how good he was all the time. or how much the coaching staff and him dont see eye to eye. or how much the refs slighted him. or how much...

basically, if lewis sanders or chris houston would have gotten burnt for that td, it wouldnt have been a big deal. seems those guys have learned a lesson that d. hall may never learn- let your play do the talking and keep your mouth shut.

i havent really seen anything from d. hall that makes me think is anywhere close to a shutdown corner. of course rule changes have sort of handcuffed cbs, but still- when you talk as much smack about how good you are as d. hall does, you cant bite on a slant route and have it go for a td and not have people notice.

nice route, nice pass. hall got beat. it happens. galloway had one other catch. not a good day when you give up a td like that, but it wasn't a horrible day either. hall hasn't said anything for a few weeks, so it's not like he's been out touting himself and how he would shut down galloway or smith or anyone else for that matter.

some guys just hate hall, period. enjoy your day. other than the carolina penalty mess, this has been about it to hate on this season.

hall points finger at self on long td

cornerback deangelo hall got beat by tampa bay wide receiver joey galloway for a 44-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter and admitted trying to jump a slant route. hall has been susceptible to receivers who attack him with double moves.

"i gave up that touchdown pass and that's not me," hall said. "that's not what i pride myself in doing. just as a whole, we didn't play great."

galloway ran a slant-and-go route. hall jumped the initial move and couldn't recover when galloway broke the route upfield.

"they have been trying to get that on me for the last three years and they finally got it," hall said. "they know that i'm an aggressive guy and just caught me. they had a great play called."

best route to beat hall on is a double move or the deep in. they got him, plain and simple.

personally i wouldnt care if d. hall got burnt for a touchdown if he wasnt running his mouth about how good he was all the time. or how much the coaching staff and him dont see eye to eye. or how much the refs slighted him. or how much...

i feel your pain. ive hated simeon rice for the past few years for the same reason. he was very inconsistent, never showed up when we needed him, never played good against good lt yet many bucs fans still supported him heavily. the guy still ran his mouth, and still talked bad about the front office even though he was sucking it up. his ego was enormous and he was the greatest thing on earth in his own mind. a lot of bucs fans bought into his flair, and decided to ignore what he actually wasnt doing on the field

i could see how hall's situation in atl could mirror that

shut up... god. no one seems to care much when bailey and bly got burned vs. green bay, or when burress wrecked houston (or was it sanders). he got beat, it happens. in the end he had only 2 catches for 60 yards, so it isn't like he killed hall all day long. he beat him once, okay, i'll give you that... show me one cb in the league right now that doesn't get beat on occassion. this was the first time hall has really gotten burnt. get over it people.

some people will not be happy until we pull another debacle like the deion sanders one. the better the player the more they want him out of town. it isn't bad enough the team is 3-7, now everyone wants to rip the talented players for their mistakes and blow them up to be bigger then they are.

personally i wouldnt care if d. hall got burnt for a touchdown if he wasnt running his mouth about how good he was all the time.

he hasn't even ran his mouth in the past few weeks. even if he was, that's all he does. at least he doesn't smoke pot, make it rain in the strip club, fight dogs, take steroids, you know, all the stuff that really hurts a team.

ive seen hall get owned by a lot of wr, and i dont even watch that many falcon games. chad johnson, galloway a few times, steve smith, to, etc. he talks an enormous game and he is hit or miss. he will go for the forced fumble, and let a guy get 10 extra yards instead of wrapping him up. he gets bet a lot. he is undisciplined and most of it stems form his ego. he has top be the star, he has to shine. he cant just do his job, he always ha sto go for the play of the game

ive seen hall get owned by a lot of wr, and i dont even watch that many falcon games. chad johnson, galloway a few times, steve smith, to, etc. he talks an enormous game and he is hit or miss. he will go for the forced fumble, and let a guy get 10 extra yards instead of wrapping him up. he gets bet a lot. he is undisciplined and most of it stems form his ego. he has top be the star, he has to shine. he cant just do his job, he always ha sto go for the play of the game

the guy hasn't been in the league very long, the lack of discipline is to be expected at his young age.

steve smith? apparantly you watch one play and make assumptions. db's get beat from time to time, it happens. but, hall has played great this year. and he's beaten smith every time he's played him i think. smith never has good games against hall stat wise. and hall won the psychological battle when smith broke down and cried.

and galloway didn't own him, he beat him on one play and pretty much was quiet for the rest of it.

basically, if lewis sanders or chris houston would have gotten burnt for that td, it wouldnt have been a big deal. seems those guys have learned a lesson that d. hall may never learn- let your play do the talking and keep your mouth shut.

i havent really seen anything from d. hall that makes me think is anywhere close to a shutdown corner. of course rule changes have sort of handcuffed cbs, but still- when you talk as much smack about how good you are as d. hall does, you cant bite on a slant route and have it go for a td and not have people notice.

and these are the same people that want chad johnson on our team, who runs if not more mouth than d-hall.

- - - -

and d-hall getting beat? even the best dbs get beat once in a while. champ bailey, who everyone thinks is the best cb in the nfl got beat by who? james jones? who's heard of him?