falcons defense has allowed avg of 12 points to opposing teams !!!

the gaints game notwithstanding, every team has a down game and the falcons just happened to come on espn football (its no longer monday night football, that does not exsist anymore..)

but looking at the season in a whole, the falcons defense has been very very good and at times have played lights out, if this team could manage anykind of consistant offensive production, then the falcons would be very close to being a playoff bound winning team and with a young core of defenders in place, that trend would be likey to continue......................

now looking at this weeks game, i think zimmer should turn up the pressure yet another notch, just knock garica around and rattle him, that is the only way you can shake a west coast ob like him or mcnabb or any of them, you must let them know that every time they look to throw, they will be hitting the ground.

the falcons should look at this game as their superbowl, the fans are back with a saleout, and with a win the falcons have emerged as a up and coming team and the playoffs are in sight as well as the divison, but with a loss then forget about everything and gift wrap the division title to tampa.

overall the team is playing much better and i am glad to see it, after everything that has happened, i only hope petrino makes the right moves at qb when leftwich returns, and that the defense continues to play lights out...............................................

i agree 100 percent. its been a long time since i have been excited about a football game. i woke up real early this morning with excitement! i know the fans will be rockin the dome and i know our team will be playing hard. its really great as a fan to feel these feelings again. good luck everyone today and lets keep this winning streak going.

this is as much a "must win" situation as we have faced so far this season...a loss here ends it pretty much. like said, next week we face the colts, and if we have to do it at 3-7 coming off a loss..yea lets just leave it at "its pretty much over"

lets turn the tables. we win, we find ourselves at 4-6 with a 3 game winning streak..and the division lead within a games lead. we would actually still be in control of our own destiny as we still play the bucs again and also the saints.

sure you can say, even if we make the playoffs which is unlikely, we wouldnt do anything once we get there. but let me just say that i would rather see us successful anyday rather than see us lose. heres to the falcons making an improbable comeback this season, not next. im headin out soon so my last words today will be go falcons!

this is as much a "must win" situation as we have faced so far this season...a loss here ends it pretty much. like said, next week we face the colts, and if we have to do it at 3-7 coming off a loss..yea lets just leave it at "its pretty much over"

lets turn the tables. we win, we find ourselves at 4-6 with a 3 game winning streak..and the division lead within a games lead. we would actually still be in control of our own destiny as we still play the bucs again and also the saints.

sure you can say, even if we make the playoffs which is unlikely, we wouldnt do anything once we get there. but let me just say that i would rather see us successful anyday rather than see us lose. heres to the falcons making an improbable comeback this season, not next. im headin out soon so my last words today will be go falcons!

if we were to make the playoffs, it would show many people that this franchise is not near the wreck that the media thinks. whether we get there at 8-8, 9-7 or 10-6 (doubtful), it would be a huge step for next season.

many thought we could barely win 3-5 games and many of our losses could easily have been wins. the only bad game was against the giants. we are not that bad of a team, just got to be more consistent.

the gaints game notwithstanding, every team has a down game and the falcons just happened to come on espn football (its no longer monday night football, that does not exsist anymore..)

but looking at the season in a whole, the falcons defense has been very very good and at times have played lights out, if this team could manage anykind of consistant offensive production, then the falcons would be very close to being a playoff bound winning team and with a young core of defenders in place, that trend would be likey to continue......................

now looking at this weeks game, i think zimmer should turn up the pressure yet another notch, just knock garica around and rattle him, that is the only way you can shake a west coast ob like him or mcnabb or any of them, you must let them know that every time they look to throw, they will be hitting the ground.

the falcons should look at this game as their superbowl, the fans are back with a saleout, and with a win the falcons have emerged as a up and coming team and the playoffs are in sight as well as the divison, but with a loss then forget about everything and gift wrap the division title to tampa.

overall the team is playing much better and i am glad to see it, after everything that has happened, i only hope petrino makes the right moves at qb when leftwich returns, and that the defense continues to play lights out...............................................

the fans didn't sell this game out the corperate sponsers bought the tickets to keep it from being blacked out. wink.gif but zimmer is making a statement on the d side of the ball.