coach allowed to talk with other teams?

magestik63

if anything blank and mckay have been much less involved in the media this year than in years past. they are allowing petrino to be the voice of the falcons, and their decision to stick by a controversial move like releasing one of our starting dt, a very popular player among the rest of the team shows me that they are committed to petrino and what he is trying to mold the team into.

petrino is building this into a system team, not a team built around a player like mora tried to do. i think this franchise is making steps in the right direction, though its certainly not there yet.

we had a great draft this year, we are playing the younger players and they are beginning to gel, the coaching staff and ownership are on the same page and are demanding discipline and respect from the players, and the veterans seem to be finally buying into the systems, especially on defense.

with another solid draft and some stability from the qb position and offensive line i think this team is playoff bound in a few seasons. ****, its not out of the question that we will make the playoffs this year, i'll never give up hope until we're mathematically eliminated, hehe.

if anything blank and mckay have been much less involved in the media this year than in years past. they are allowing petrino to be the voice of the falcons, and their decision to stick by a controversial move like releasing one of our starting dt, a very popular player among the rest of the team shows me that they are committed to petrino and what he is trying to mold the team into.

petrino is building this into a system team, not a team built around a player like mora tried to do. i think this franchise is making steps in the right direction, though its certainly not there yet.

we had a great draft this year, we are playing the younger players and they are beginning to gel, the coaching staff and ownership are on the same page and are demanding discipline and respect from the players, and the veterans seem to be finally buying into the systems, especially on defense.

with another solid draft and some stability from the qb position and offensive line i think this team is playoff bound in a few seasons. ****, its not out of the question that we will make the playoffs this year, i'll never give up hope until we're mathematically eliminated, hehe.

good post.

well blank is letting petrino talk to college programs he must not have too many plans for the guy?

san diego tried to fix something that wasn't broken by getting rid of marty and hiring a guy proven to be horrible as a head coach. why on earth would they want to bring in petrino, who hasn't proven anything thus far in the nfl?

i think it's very doubtful that blank would knowingly let his head coach that he just signed to a pretty good contract look for another job after half a season has passed...

mckay said that petrino is staying here for a while. does blank need to come out and say the exact same thing for people to believe it? huh.gif

san diego tried to fix something that wasn't broken by getting rid of marty and hiring a guy proven to be horrible as a head coach. why on earth would they want to bring in petrino, who hasn't proven anything thus far in the nfl?

i think it's very doubtful that blank would knowingly let his head coach that he just signed to a pretty good contract look for another job after half a season has passed...

mckay said that petrino is staying here for a while. does blank need to come out and say the exact same thing for people to believe it? huh.gif

hes talking to college teams

i heard on the radio here in san diego that arther blank is allowing coach to talk with other teams about a future position. has anyone else herd anything of the sort?

while i'd never say never,i just think people are talking out of thier butts right now. obviously there are gonna be teams interested in petrino and i think the drop off that louisville has had will keep petrino on a lot of colleges short lists.he is an excellent college coach,but just think about it he isn't gonna lose any luster if he flops at the falcons job,there will plenty of openings available later.but if succeeds here he can go anywhere he wants at top dollar college or pro.

i heard on the radio here in san diego that arther blank is allowing coach to talk with other teams about a future position. has anyone else herd anything of the sort?

blink.gif put the joint down and step away ! petrino isn't going anywhere, its too early for these pipe dreams / rumors to be starting dry.gif

let's see, some local talk jocks on the other coast say they heard petrino is talking. not a lot of substance. nothing like that reported or said on local atlanta airwaves. petrino was on atl local sports talk radio two days ago saying this is his dream job and he's not going anywhere, and despite the issues he's had to overcome this year is optimistic and having fun.

check out 790thezone.com to listen to it.

blink.gif put the joint down and step away ! petrino isn't going anywhere, its too early for these pipe dreams / rumors to be starting dry.gif

first of all i dont smoke joints. second i dont start rumors, i heard this on the radio and i wanted to find out if there was any truth to this.

and the guy who said that petrino was on the radio 2 days ago, thank you thats the kinda reply i was looking for.

let's see, some local talk jocks on the other coast say they heard petrino is talking. not a lot of substance. nothing like that reported or said on local atlanta airwaves. petrino was on atl local sports talk radio two days ago saying this is his dream job and he's not going anywhere, and despite the issues he's had to overcome this year is optimistic and having fun.

check out 790thezone.com to listen to it.

i'd be careful taking this approach. although i agree he isn't going anywhere, unlike reporters in and around atlanta, those local talk jocks in the southwest actually do some background work before reporting on something. just because they might not be a regional broadcast, i wouldn't be so quick to stick my neck out and say they know less because they aren't local. we all know the amount of research and other work that goes into some of the garbage that goes into the ajc and other local sources, and it's definitely bottom of the barrel.

celtik