while i agree harrington is being treated like dirt

magnus23

for some reason, when harrington left oregon he lost his ability to throw the deep ball.

maybe because he got married .... who knows.

but without the vertical game - the falcons - at best - can only implement a "petrino-lite" offense.

joey has played better than he has for the other nfl teams he was booted from .... and he has had some good performances this year.

but without the deep ball .... he will never be favored by petrino.

it is that simple.

for some reason, when harrington left oregon he lost his ability to throw the deep ball.

but without the vertical game - the falcons - at best - can only implement a "petrino-lite" offense.

joey has played better than he has for the other nfl teams he was booted from .... and he has had some good performances this year.

it is that simple.

his "deep ball" at oregon probably had more to do with the level of competition.

he may have had all day to throw it to wide open wr's.

nfl corners can get under a ball much faster than college corners.

his "deep ball" at oregon probably had more to do with the level of competition.

it seems like an arm strength issue.

he has underthrown even in practice.

edit ... vick and leftwich had limited time too .... but they both could launch it.

what's up with all caps subject line? this is the second post you did with all caps subject line. in case you did not know, all caps is used to give impression that you are yelling. are you yelling? if so, your message may have gotten lost in all those yelling. please use caps with discretion.

headlines are different than a conversation.

i do not cap in the thread itself.

his offensive line at oregon was probably better than the ones he's had in the nfl as well.

with detroit, he was expected to produce with rookie and second year wrs (who kept getting injured), a rookie rb, and below average ol.

miami? don't think i need explain that.

atlanta? ol ol ol ol ol.

it is that simple.

it is petrino's offense and he knows it doesn't work as well with harrington, therefore we have leftwich.

it seems like an arm strength issue.

he has underthrown even in practice.

edit ... vick and leftwich had limited time too .... but they both could launch it.

i said this in another thread but it's not how far joey can throw the ball it's how long it takes the ball to get there.

i think you have to have arm strength to be a starting qb in college football that actually passes the ball, (exluding option teams).

what i was saying was that in college he could probably just "float" the ball and it wasn't a big deal. in the nfl if you lob the ball up 9 times out of 10 it's getting picked.

people forget but vick had one of the quickest releases and strongest arms i've ever seen.

leftwhich has probably the same arm "strength" that vick had but his release is much slower. i'm actually suprised he doesn't have more turnovers because of it.

his offensive line at oregon was probably better than the ones he's had in the nfl as well.

with detroit, he was expected to produce with rookie and second year wrs (who kept getting injured), a rookie rb, and below average ol.

atlanta? ol ol ol ol ol.

although i agree our offensive line is our biggest issue.

it has nothing to do with this thread.

if harrington is rushed ... he would tend to overthrow his receivers like leftwich did against the titans.

he underthrows ... even in practice. vick never had an issue getting the ball downfield.

i said this in another thread but it's not how far joey can throw the ball it's how long it takes the ball to get there.

i think you have to have arm strength to be a starting qb in college football that actually passes the ball, (exluding option teams).

what i was saying was that in college he could probably just "float" the ball and it wasn't a big deal. in the nfl if you lob the ball up 9 times out of 10 it's getting picked.

people forget but vick had one of the quickest releases and strongest arms i've ever seen.

leftwhich has probably the same arm "strength" that vick had but his release is much slower. i'm actually suprised he doesn't have more turnovers because of it.

well - i understand your point better.

but regardless, he is not showing the "distance" since he has played in the nfl.

we are not even getting jump balls ... the balls are underthrown.

atlanta? ol ol ol ol ol.

well....it looks like joey is one of the most unluckiest players in history to get with so many flawed teams dry.gif

well said and i agree.

although #7 had a strong arm/quick release, it was often an adventure to see where the ball was going to end-up

the fact that byron and joey are slow with reads and/or release is one of the reasons petrino has been trying so hard to establish a run game. without a solid run game to keep the defense honest, both of these guys will be on their backs more than they should be. let's hope that our rb's are up to the task for the rest of the season.