the falcons and the cowboys!!!!

they reported yesterday evening on the css show sportsnite that a person, "don't quote me on this, but i think his name was david godson", plead guilty to illegal distribution of steroids and named two teams so far in a steroids scandal that he sent steroids to. those two teams so far that have been named are "the atlanta falcons and the dallas cowboys". the report they made said that this person made a plea agreement and "would be naming specific people and players" later on both teams.

once again, i am not sure about the name of the person who they said on sportsnite cut a deal, but i will say "if it is true, then i am shocked there wasn't anything else said today on any sports channels or radio that i checked out".

is it true?

anybody else heard anything about this?

anymore information about players or the team?????

just wondering....

unsure.gifunsure.gifunsure.gif

before anyone flames you i just want to tell you it's been posted many times before. i believe that the only refence to the falcons is lehr.

well, people need to understand i can't always stay here on the boards to chat. i appreciate the heads up info. though.

i can understand why you are saying that. thing is i really want to know about the subject because i haven't heard much about it and haven't been able to get anymore info. after hearing a little about it, and i can see also though how people can take it as an insult by bringing matters up like that again and again. just thought i would point that out.

thanks for the information, i appreciate it, i just can't believe there is nothing here in the message bases posted on any of the pages that i have seen that i have gone to for info. about this subject.

anyway thanks again.....

well, people need to understand i can't always stay here on the boards to chat. i appreciate the heads up info. though.

i can understand why you are saying that. thing is i really want to know about the subject because i haven't heard much about it and haven't been able to get anymore info. after hearing a little about it, and i can see also though how people can take it as an insult by bringing matters up like that again and again. just thought i would point that out.

thanks for the information, i appreciate it, i just can't believe there is nothing here in the message bases posted on any of the pages that i have seen that i have gone to for info. about this subject.

anyway thanks again.....

check out my update on lefty thread. it mentions something about lehr in that article.

matt lehr.

is it true do you think?

i guess you have to start looking at who has been injured lately or in the last couple of years trying to get by or recover quickly, i dunno, but that would be my best guess. or rookies trying to make it on the team or keep making it on the team.

haven't heard much more since i saw that broadcast and am still surprised i can't find any infomation or "explination" as the what is going on in this message base or on any sports website or blogs anywhere.....

unsure.gif

is it true do you think?

i guess you have to start looking at who has been injured lately or in the last couple of years trying to get by or recover quickly, i dunno, but that would be my best guess. or rookies trying to make it on the team or keep making it on the team.

haven't heard much more since i saw that broadcast and am still surprised i can't find any infomation or "explination" as the what is going on in this message base or on any sports website or blogs anywhere.....

unsure.gif

well he was suspended four games last year for roids. i believe it.

thanks for the link and the information. thing is though, what i heard was that multiple and current players would be named, not just one. but then again that's reporters for you.

i appreciate the information. like i said earlier in this post i can't always be on here, i check it every day but i do have a life and need to make a living and a family to watch after that's the only reason i asked for information on this subject.

thanks again..

well he was suspended four games last year for roids. i believe it.

i just hope he is the only one.

i would think that he is.

i couldn't find any information after hearing that report other than what was said on the show css sportsnite and it was quick on reporting it, luckilly what i have heard here from other fellow falcons fans and what they have told me in this message thread i finally got the real story.

so i am going to take that as "it's a good thing", because that means i guess "there is really no story there to report", otherwise i guess i would have heard more about it.

thanks to all who have replied to me and caught me up on the information about his subject. i appreciate it.

oh, and for the non-believers "falcons are gonna kick the bucs azz this sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

go falcons!!!!!!!!!!

i just hope he is the only one.

i would think that he is.

i couldn't find any information after hearing that report other than what was said on the show css sportsnite and it was quick on reporting it, luckilly what i have heard here from other fellow falcons fans and what they have told me in this message thread i finally got the real story.

so i am going to take that as "it's a good thing", because that means i guess "there is really no story there to report", otherwise i guess i would have heard more about it.

thanks to all who have replied to me and caught me up on the information about his subject. i appreciate it.

oh, and for the non-believers "falcons are gonna kick the bucs azz this sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

go falcons!!!!!!!!!!

rock on. we get to find out what the falcons are made of this weekend. hopefully they kick some butt and get on a big roll!!!

matt lehr.

yup

report: ex-falcon lehr part of steroid investigation

by d. orlando ledbetter

the atlanta journal-constitution

published on: 11/15/07

the dallas morning news reported thursday that former falcons offensive lineman matt lehr is among the names given to authorities as part of a steroid investigation.

dallas-area personal trainer david jacobs pleaded guilty to a federal charge of conspiring to distribute anabolic steroids this week. he claimed to have ties to the falcons and dallas cowboys.

lehr, who currently plays for tampa bay and also played for dallas, was suspended last season for four games while playing for the falcons for violating the nfl steroid's policy.

the falcons cut lehr on march 5 and signed with tampa bay on april 3. mad.gif