who in the hell is starting sunday?

i keep hearing everybody arguing about petrino communicating better but i'm still confused as to who is starting. harrington took snaps with the 1st string and leftwich took snaps with the 2nd string. petrino said if healthy then leftwich is the starter. well is leftwich healthy enough to start?

yes bloodhoundz is confused as to what is going on.

i keep hearing everybody arguing about petrino communicating better but i'm still confused as to who is starting. harrington took snaps with the 1st string and leftwich took snaps with the 2nd string. petrino said if healthy then leftwich is the starter. well is leftwich healthy.

whomever the ajc's poll and this message board come up with... because patrino doesn't make his own decisions. he is totally dictated by it's fans. [/sarcasm]

i keep hearing everybody arguing about petrino communicating better but i'm still confused as to who is starting. harrington took snaps with the 1st string and leftwich took snaps with the 2nd string. petrino said if healthy then leftwich is the starter. well is leftwich healthy enough to start?

i hear ya dude i need to know how excited to get about byrons health

as of yesterday 11/14:

head coach bobby petrino

q: did you get a good read on byron leftwich today at practice?

a: i thought he looked pretty good and he looked better than i thought he would. he was throwing the ball well and his movement was ok. the thing you worry about is how the ankle will react in the morning. that s the most work he s done on the ankle in a few weeks. we re still going to wait and see.

q: is there any question on who will start at quarterback on sunday?

a: if we were going today, joey (harrington) would start because we don t know how byron s health is. i don t want to put myself in a corner by saying if bryon was 100 percent healthy we wouldn't do it because we might.

q: will you err on the side of caution regarding leftwich?

a: i don t want to error. we just need to make the right decision. we ll have to see how it reacts and how he does tomorrow. i was happy with the way joey (harrington) practiced today and i was concerned about him. he got hit on the last play (against carolina) and banged up his shoulder a little bit. he threw the ball well today and that was good to see too.

q: how is the team dealing with the quarterback situation?

a: i think the team is comfortable with both of them. whatever guy is in there first, we re going to go play hard and get going.

q: do you worry about changing the quarterback after you have had a couple of wins?

a: sure. it is something you worry about but, to be honest with you, it s a decision we made a while back. bryon would be the starter and joey would be the backup. right now, it s a health issue.

so basically leftwich is questionable.

as of yesterday 11/14:

head coach bobby petrino

q: did you get a good read on byron leftwich today at practice?

a: i thought he looked pretty good and he looked better than i thought he would. he was throwing the ball well and his movement was ok. the thing you worry about is how the ankle will react in the morning. that s the most work he s done on the ankle in a few weeks. we re still going to wait and see.

q: is there any question on who will start at quarterback on sunday?

a: if we were going today, joey (harrington) would start because we don t know how byron s health is. i don t want to put myself in a corner by saying if bryon was 100 percent healthy we wouldn't do it because we might.

q: will you err on the side of caution regarding leftwich?

a: i don t want to error. we just need to make the right decision. we ll have to see how it reacts and how he does tomorrow. i was happy with the way joey (harrington) practiced today and i was concerned about him. he got hit on the last play (against carolina) and banged up his shoulder a little bit. he threw the ball well today and that was good to see too.

q: how is the team dealing with the quarterback situation?

a: i think the team is comfortable with both of them. whatever guy is in there first, we re going to go play hard and get going.

q: do you worry about changing the quarterback after you have had a couple of wins?

a: sure. it is something you worry about but, to be honest with you, it s a decision we made a while back. bryon would be the starter and joey would be the backup. right now, it s a health issue.

sound decisions from a sound coach.

i think it boils down to a coin flip, bp is torn an "l" with a banged up lefty, and the world questions him, an "l" with jh, and then the world questions him........

this is a lose-lose situation, unless we win of course with whomever he decides will go.... a part of me belives that hue has some say on this although it isn't said, hj might prefer byron!!!

the media made something out of nothing. final decision could be made just before kickoff. they should take all the time needed to feel comfortable with bl's health and if he looks rusty again. this is a better approach than waffling based upon how byron is doing that day and then he gets worse then better. joey would blow a gasket before every other practice he would think he is starting again. biggrin.gif

he is the starter on the second team. how hard is that understand.

petrino said he was the starter. the only person he has ever backstabbed

that we know of was tubby & joey. that sounds like an early morning radio

show.

petrino said this morning on 790, leftwich. stuff can change, wink.gif