bobby, bobby, bobby...................

peedue

bobby petrino may know the x's and o's of football but he has no management skills................communication skills at all. zero. you can operate in college with kids this way and get away with it but not at the pro level where respect towards your players mean everything.

he has the "bedside manners" of hitler.

bobby petrino may know the x's and o's of football but he has no management skills................communication skills at all. zero. you can operate in college with kids this way and get away with it but not at the pro level where respect towards your players mean everything.

i blame mora; these players would know how things worked if mora would not have powdered their little bottoms for them before warming their milk while he was here.

he's the boss, and the players work for him. they're paid millions of dollars to play a game, so it's in their interest to respect him, and do what he says....not the other way around.

i have to disagree. petrino's continuing employment (as well as all other nfl coaches) is tied directly to the team's performance on the field. to be clear, the player's don't have to like a coach, but they do have to respect him - and respect is a two-way street - and be willing to play to the fullest extent of their ability each and every weekend. when that doesn't happen (whether the result of a lack of talent or because the coach lost the locker room), it is the coach that usually gets his walking papers.

respect toward the players???? blink.gif

petrino is not an adolescent psychologist, he's a football coach. he's the boss, and the players work for him. they're paid millions of dollars to play a game, so it's in their interest to respect him, and do what he says....not the other way around.

well, none of us see what actually goes on at flowery branch. we just don't, and that's understandable. but, when you coach, it's no different than running a small company, something i did for over half my life. or, being an officer in the military. you communicate.....................clearly..............objectively..............an

honestly. if you do that consistantly................not just when it's easy or convenient...............you win the respect of everyone under you. this is true.........it works, and i would hope coach petrino realizes it.

respect? it's nice to have, but these guys are being paid alot of money to do a job, whether they like the coach or not.

if they want a daddy figure, they need to go home for that.

i blame mora; these players would know how things worked if mora would not have powdered their little bottoms for them before warming their milk while he was here.

biggrin.gif "does little alge need some warm milky"?

that's hilarious, but sadly true. some players and obviously some fans

got used to the warm fuzzy cocoa feeling.

bp is the boss and from what i've heard the players are responding

and joey should keep his displeasure in house.

what was he ????? again?oh yeah, the fact that bobby named lefty the

starter for the rest of the season prior to the saints game.

i wish mora was still here so we could hear a better list of excuses for losing!!!

bp's only excuse is there ain't no excuse.

at least for me, i don't think the players have to like a coach, but they do have to respect him - and respect is a two-way street.

yeah, right.

mora got alot of respect. so much so that it ended up with him getting canned. the day i see respect ending up being directly correlated to performance on the field, i'll believe the two-way street thing.

yeah, right.

mora got alot of respect. so much so that it ended up with him getting canned. the day i see respect ending up being directly correlated to performance on the field, i'll believe the two-way street thing.

ok, all you have to do is watch the patriot's next game this sunday nite, then..............voila !! you'll be a believer !!!

i have to disagree. petrino's continuing employment (as well as all other nfl coaches) is tied directly to the team's performance on the field. to be clear, the player's don't have to like a coach, but they do have to respect him - and respect is a two-way street - and be willing to play to the fullest extent of their ability each and every weekend. when that doesn't happen (whether the result of a lack of talent or because the coach lost the locker room), it is the coach that usually gets his walking papers.

as is any bosses job but you replace the workers with motivated ones. its that simple.

yeah, right.

1. bellichek - can anyone name five people in the entire world that actually likes this guy? no? i can name an entire team that respects him.

2. parcells - not exactly the definition of warm and fuzzy - but when he was still coaching, his teams respected him and played to the best of their abilities for him.

or, on the other end, we have norv turner. now, i never believed that sd was going to be as good as advertised, but they sure aren't as bad as they're playing now. what happened? they now have a new coach (formerly an oc and thought to be an offensive genius - where have we heard all that before?), that has the personality of a wet piece of toast. the player's apparently like him, yet do not respect him enough to zip their lips when around reporters.

as is any bosses job but you replace the workers with motivated ones. its that simple.

in the "real world" that may work...but we're talking about the rarified air of the nfl. for many good reasons (limited talent pool, salary cap, etc.), simply replacing the workers isn't...well, it isn't simple. the fact is, it is easier to replace a coach (and less expensive) than it is to replace even a few players, and don't think for one minute the players don't know that.

1. bellichek - can anyone name five people in the entire world that actually likes this guy? no? i can name an entire team that respects him.

2. parcells - not exactly the definition of warm and fuzzy - but when he was still coaching, his teams respected him and played to the best of their abilities for him.

or, on the other end, we have norv turner. now, i never believed that sd was going to be as good as advertised, but they sure aren't as bad as they're playing now. what happened? they now have a new coach (formerly an oc and thought to be an offensive genius - where have we heard all that before?), that has the personality of a wet piece of toast. the player's apparently like him, yet do not respect him enough to zip their lips when around reporters.

and either guy has been coaching in the nfl for how many years now?

bellichek didn't garner instant respect from his players during his first year as a head coach. many thought he was a stoic eccentric when they first met him. but winning changes a person's perception as a coach, still i have yet to see a direct correlation to respect to performance on the field. parcells basically scared the player's into performing. i don't see that as respect. if that were so, then keyshawn johnson would have stayed a cowboy when bill was coaching.

i find it funny how a couple of players run their mouths and all of a sudden petrino has lost respect or control of the team. give the guy some time to gain respect before you pass judgment on his management style.

and either guy has been coaching in the nfl for how many years now?

bellichek didn't garner instant respect from his players during his first year as a head coach. many thought he was a stoic eccentric when they first met him. but winning changes a person's perception as a coach, still i have yet to see a direct correlation to respect to performance on the field. parcells basically scared the player's into performing. i don't see that as respect. if that were so, then keyshawn johnson would have stayed a cowboy when bill was coaching.

i find it funny how a couple of players run their mouths and all of a sudden petrino has lost respect or control of the team. give the guy some time to gain respect before you pass judgment on his management style.

the main point we should all think of is : we really don't know what is said behind closed doors in flowery branch. and that's the way it should be. don't believe every thing you read.

who said that ?

i like that !!

have a good night !!

i'm outta here............